Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Times have changed since 200 years ago. We've developed human, civil, and workers rights since then, ended slavery, etc.
I was just pointing out it wasn’t new. I’m very thankful times have changed in many ways but the OP is acting like this is some new phenomenon.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Im confused as to why there is a movement where everytime someone does something that others dont like, people want them fired. Its not like they cant go get another job…. So why do it??
For me personally, i didnt understand the cigna nurse who got fired for supposedly laughing at that student talking about his grandmother dying. What did her firing achieve??
Just "getting another job" isn't always that easy, especially when you make the news like this. Nursing isn't generally a small business practice, you will tend to apply at hospitals or into large networks. Those companies have HR departments that will look into your social media presence. events like this can turn them off from hiring you.

I can tell you that at my workplace, her application would instantly go into the trash can. A lot of other large companies would do that same. So it isn't a killer for someone who say, works as a bartender, or something where you tend to work for small independent employers, but if you say, work as a nurse, a teacher, a lawyer, an accountant, etc.; large business jobs, it can critically damage your ability to find work. Regardless, it will definitely cause a significant disruption in most people's live by being suddenly terminated from their job.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
She didnt do it at the workplace, it was at a school board meeting. As to her laughing, it wasnt directed at the death of the kids grandmother, but rather at the kids remark that she died because someone didnt wear a mask. I would have at the very least rolled my eyes at his comments.
That is just as bad.

Don't do foolish things in public, especially on camera, if you don't want consequences to those actions.

Upvote 0

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
That is just as bad.

Don't do foolish things in public, especially on camera, if you don't want consequences to those actions.

no wonder there is so much division in our country. Me personally, i dont see where she did anything foolish.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

That seems to be a very archaic mode of thinking, that we're all susceptible to... A more modern way to be would be to forget the vengeance toward those who think differently than we do, and instead, actually *appreciate* those differences.

...Variety is the spice of life.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
She didnt do it at the workplace, it was at a school board meeting. As to her laughing, it wasnt directed at the death of the kids grandmother, but rather at the kids remark that she died because someone didnt wear a mask. I would have at the very least rolled my eyes at his comments.

How did you know she was a nurse if she wasn't at the workplace?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How did you know she was a nurse if she wasn't at the workplace?

The video shows her making disparaging facial expressions behind the shoulder of the young man making his statement. Someone must have recognized her and "outed" her on social media.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The video shows her making disparaging facial expressions behind the shoulder of the young man making his statement. Someone must have recognized her and "outed" her on social media.

Last I checked, making an idiot of oneself in public had consequences. Where's the problem?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single

and that is exactly what this thread about. Someone got upset at her facial expressions, so much so, that they looked her up on social media in order to get back at her by having her fired. I cant even imagine the reason behind doing that.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
and that is exactly what this thread about. Someone got upset at her facial expressions, so much so, that they looked her up on social media in order to get back at her by having her fired. I cant even imagine the reason behind doing that.

"Have her fired" how?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last I checked, making an idiot of oneself in public had consequences. Where's the problem?

Check my posts. I haven't presented it as a problem.

There has never been a time in which a person's public activities have not been considered issues of continued employment if the employer considers them such.

This is nothing new.

Upvote 0

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
"Have her fired" how?

after they found out who she was, they found out where she worked, and started a trend on social media about why cigna(i think that was who she worked for) had not fired her, why they kept her despite her objections to the covid stuff.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
after they found out who she was, they found out where she worked, and started a trend on social media about why cigna(i think that was who she worked for) had not fired her, why they kept her despite her objections to the covid stuff.

And then her employer decided they didn't want an employee who was publicly disparaging their own business.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

So who finally fired her? Who gets the last word?

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
no wonder there is so much division in our country. Me personally, i dont see where she did anything foolish.
Mocking a kid for telling the story of his grandmother dying because people were too selfish to wear masks is pretty foolish and heartless.

• Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That seems to be a very archaic mode of thinking, that we're all susceptible to... A more modern way to be would be to forget the vengeance toward those who think differently than we do, and instead, actually *appreciate* those differences.

...Variety is the spice of life.
It isn't a matter of thinking differently. It is a matter of a large number of people denying reality and mocking those suffering because of it.

No one before this doubted that masks helped prevent the spread of diseases nor that children could tolerate wearing them for long periods of time. That is why doctors and surgeons have worn them for ages, and children haven't dropped dead after every Halloween. This only became an issue when people decided to make it political and a hill to die on (sometimes literally).

• Winner
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There has never been a time in which a person's public activities have not been considered issues of continued employment if the employer considers them such.

This is incorrect. Ironworkers, postalworkers, and a whole array of other kinds of workers under AFL-CIO union memberships are granted an array of such protections.

30 Most Powerful Unions in America

Upvote 0