United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Deflection of what?

Woman shows callousness when empathy is preferred -- an especially bad choice when said woman is a nurse.

Actions have consequences.

Sometimes I laugh when I tell the story about the coworker who died on the job. I performed CPR on him and failed.

I feel bad smiling when I tell the story, but for some reason I do.

...I wonder if there should be consequences for that.

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I used to smile when being corrected by my father too for some reason. The consequences for that was that I got it worse everytime, for my uncontrollable reflex... Which I think is not fair... I should be accepted for who I am as a natural person... I never chose to be this way.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes I laugh when I tell the story about the coworker who died on the job. I performed CPR on him and failed.

You should be wondering if your employer thinks there should be consequences for that.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It is when the CDC says:

The results of this study also suggest that fully or partially vaccinated people who become infected with COVID-19 might be less likely to spread the virus to others. With fully or partially vaccinated study participants, the virus was 40% less detectable in their noses. It was also detected in six fewer days (i.e., viral shedding) as compared to those who weren’t vaccinated when they became infected.

And again from the CDC:

• Can fully vaccinated people still transmit the virus to others, including other vaccinated people?
  • While it is possible, Dr. Cardona says that the ability to transmit COVID-19 may occur at a lower rate. She adds that this could also be a reality for people who don’t have a good immune response to vaccines.
  • “The elderly, those with immune or chronic health conditions or those with underlying health disorders may not have the best protective response to vaccines, such as the COVID-19 vaccines. We are still collecting data and doing ongoing research about the vaccine responses in these vulnerable populations.”

So, the disease could potentially still be spread by vaccinated individuals, 40% less isn't none, especially elderly people or those with underlying health conditions.

This person's grandmother could have thought vaccinated individuals were perfectly safe to be around too...

Going straight to unmasked is a really big leap, straight over what the truth might have been... it's also a media driven leap without a lot of basis in reality.

Was her mask clean? Was she wearing an appropriate mask that was actually protective? Or was she doing what most of America does - and that's wearing a mask multiple times, not washing her hands regularly and touching her face lot?

If so, she was not protected at all by her own mask but in fact was living in a germ infested minefield that she was wrongfully assuming afforded her protection... the very reason many doctors are against masks.
I'm trying to understand what your response has to do with what you quoted from me. I see nothing in your post that goes against what I said.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Deflection of what?

Woman shows callousness when empathy is preferred -- an especially bad choice when said woman is a nurse.

Actions have consequences.
The deflection is the "hey, look how bad this woman is" based on biased optics. You agree with the kid, disagree with the woman's stance, so have no problem imputing heinous motives to her actions.

She smiled, shook her head slightly, and looked to the right. That's all we really know, though from context we can see that she disagrees with his unproven assertion that "grandma died because someone didn't wear a mask".

I guess such an assertion about grandma passes for logic these days. Your tax dollars at work.

• Winner
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The deflection is the "hey, look how bad this woman is" based on biased optics. You agree with the kid, disagree with the woman's stance, so have no problem imputing heinous motives to her actions.

Nor did her employer -- hence the firing.

There's the point, in case you missed it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟905,276.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

She smiled, shook her head slightly, and looked to the right. That's all we really know, though from context we can see that she disagrees with his unproven assertion that "grandma died because someone didn't wear a mask".

I agree. The idea that someone should be able to be fired for something like this is absurd. However you tend to align with the party that demanded this be the right a employer have. Do you still support "right to work laws"?

I guess such an assertion about grandma passes for logic these days. Your tax dollars at work.

What do tax dollars have to do with this?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I agree. The idea that someone should be able to be fired for something like this is absurd. However you tend to align with the party that demanded this be the right a employer have. Do you still support "right to work laws"?

"Right to work" is a code for "right to fire."

Some folks are suckers for a catchphrase, however.

What do tax dollars have to do with this?

Seems the the people who rail against socialized medicine think the US already has it.

No wonder they hate it so...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A video "appears" to show her mocking something... Allegedly... We can make wild assumptions all day about people's behavior, bit until we ask them, and give them an opportunity to explain, we're acting like totalitarian dictators, when we fire them in the workplace.

...I don't know about you all, but I'm not for totalitarian dictatorship anywhere... Not in government, not in the workplace, not in the family. Not anywhere.
Glad someone gets it. It's disturbing here how few see this reality. Not a fan of totalitarianism either, but there are many who are falling into line, repeating the mantras, even in media, believing whatever they are told is true without bothering with actual facts.

Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I laughed at an aunt's funeral.

I was about 12. A cousin said something hysterically funny and I laughed, then received the harsh parental glare.

I'm sure if social media had existed, some nut job like Keith Olbermann and that ilk would have demanded I never get admitted to college many years hence, or grad school, or ever be employed anywhere. (eyeroll). You know, because I lack compassion.....(can't make this nonsense up).

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nor did her employer -- hence the firing.

There's the point, in case you missed it.
How did that happen....Oh, here... the usual cancel culprits. Shocked, I tell you.

Keith Olbermann, who has more than 999,700 followers on Twitter, was one of those who identified the woman in the video as Erika Casher, writing on Twitter, “Hey @cigna, why is your employee Erika Casher laughing at this grieving young man who is 10 times as smart and 10000 times as human as she is? And why is she still your employee? #BoycottCigna.” The video in question has been viewed millions of times.

But then, this is who he is, when you check out the garbage he writes.

Upvote 0