Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Im confused as to why there is a movement where everytime someone does something that others dont like, people want them fired. Its not like they cant go get another job…. So why do it??
For me personally, i didnt understand the cigna nurse who got fired for supposedly laughing at that student talking about his grandmother dying. What did her firing achieve??

• Agree
Reactions: RestoreTheJoy

comana

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟899,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Im confused as to why there is a movement where everytime someone does something that others dont like, people want them fired. Its not like they cant go get another job…. So why do it??
For me personally, i didnt understand the cigna nurse who got fired for supposedly laughing at that student talking about his grandmother dying. What did her firing achieve??
Why would you think that laughing at someone talking about a family death is even remotely acceptable in the workplace. Firing someone who does that openly in the workplace removes a disrespectful employee. Why should anyone want to work with or continue to employ someone of that caliber.

Upvote 0

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
She didnt do it at the workplace, it was at a school board meeting. As to her laughing, it wasnt directed at the death of the kids grandmother, but rather at the kids remark that she died because someone didnt wear a mask. I would have at the very least rolled my eyes at his comments.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟899,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She didnt do it at the workplace, it was at a school board meeting. As to her laughing, it wasnt directed at the death of the kids grandmother, but rather at the kids remark that she died because someone didnt wear a mask. I would have at the very least rolled my eyes at his comments.
You might want to post a link to this story because I honestly have not heard any of it. who asked her to be fired, etc.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is a (surprisingly) old tactic in political rhetoric.

"So the governors and satraps sought to find
some charge against Daniel concerning the kingdom;

but they could find no charge or fault, because he was faithful;
nor was there any error or fault found in him." Daniel 6:4 NKJV

Upvote 0

.Jeremiah.

Jul 26, 2021
The South
✟21,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It eliminated a crappy, inconsiderate person from the workplace.
The employer decides what kinds of people she/he wants to employ.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But it wasnt done at the workplace. And besides, getting her fired wont change her views or mind. She’ll go somewhere else with the same viewpoint. Nothing got accomplished.
It is one of the vulnerabilities of "at-will" employment.
(And it is a good reason to remain anonymous on-line.
full
)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟780,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Why would you think that laughing at someone talking about a family death is even remotely acceptable in the workplace. Firing someone who does that openly in the workplace removes a disrespectful employee. Why should anyone want to work with or continue to employ someone of that caliber.
Why does it feel like there's an agenda going on, and that we don't have the whole story?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why does it feel like there's an agenda going on, and that we don't have the whole story?

The video that appeared online is in this news story.

Women Laugh As Student Discusses Grandmother's COVID Death During School Mask Debate (newsweek.com)

The young man was being heckled by others in the room as he made his statement to the point that the chairman had to call them to silence. That nurse happened to be directly in the line of sight of the camera. Although she doesn't appear to have joined in the verbal heckling, she's clearly in agreement with the hecklers, by her broadly disparaging facial expressions.

Apparently her identity and employer were discovered and publicized.

It's up to the employer's decision in an at-will state whether or not that's sufficient reason for termination.

• Informative
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But it wasnt done at the workplace. And besides, getting her fired wont change her views or mind. She’ll go somewhere else with the same viewpoint. Nothing got accomplished.

Where have you been the last 20 years that you don't seem to know this happens frequently?

Upvote 0

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Where have you been the last 20 years that you don't seem to know this happens frequently?

i dont understand the purpose of it. It doesnt solve any problems, and i guess to me, it seems like people are only doing this out of revenge. Thats not a good motive to do something.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i dont understand the purpose of it. It doesnt solve any problems, and i guess to me, it seems like people are only doing this out of revenge. Thats not a good motive to do something.

Sometimes their motive is to remove that person from a sensitive position...which would be the motive for the employer's action.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes their motive is to remove that person from a sensitive position...which would be the motive for the employer's action.

seems like a lot of work for nothing, to me. That lady will simply become a nurse elsewhere. All they did is inconvenience her.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
people have always been fired for inappropriate behavior off work time as it could reflect badly on the company where they work

things people have posted in the past on social media is haunting them in present & getting them fired

anything on internet can be found
parents need to warn their children re social media....
i.e. be careful what you put out there!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

People suffering repercussions for their inappropriate behavior seems like it's hard to argue against.

Upvote 0

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
People suffering repercussions for their inappropriate behavior seems like it's hard to argue against.

1. what was inappropriate??
2. So this means that anytime anyone does ANYTHING out of societal norms, they should face repercussions??
3. I suppose just letting people have their own thoughts is out of the question. All should follow 1 guideline, even by force if necessary. Thats what you’re saying it sounds like…

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
seems like a lot of work for nothing, to me. That lady will simply become a nurse elsewhere. All they did is inconvenience her.
1. what was inappropriate??
2. So this means that anytime anyone does ANYTHING out of societal norms, they should face repercussions??
3. I suppose just letting people have their own thoughts is out of the question. All should follow 1 guideline, even by force if necessary. Thats what you’re saying it sounds like…

You just said that it won't amount to anything more than an inconvenience.

So, she got inconvenienced for disparaging a young man's personal grief.

Sounds about right.

Upvote 0