• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Getting Into Christ

Discussion in 'Discipleship: Following Jesus' started by Nova2216, May 4, 2021 at 7:21 PM.

1. Nova2216

Nova2216 If truth is discounted then lies become normal.

+61
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    How did you get "Into Christ" ?

Please give a Scripture.

...salvation which is in Christ Jesus...(2Tim. 2:10)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Navair2

Navair2 May the Lord Jesus Christ be magnified above all

+89
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I'll give several, as I think one is not nearly enough:

" For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
    30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."
    ( Romans 8:29-30 ).

" who hath saved us, and called [us] with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began," ( 1 Timothy 1:9 ).

" Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [places] in Christ:
    4 according as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
    5 having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
    6 to the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved."
    ( Ephesians 1:3-6 ).

Ephesians 2:1-10.

That is how I got into Christ...
    He put me there.:)

3. Jonaitis

Jonaitis Pilgrim

+3,206
    United States
    Reformed
    Single
    US-Republican
    Faith (Galatians 3:26).

4. Tigger45

Tigger45 “... But we have the mind of Christ.” Supporter

+10,912
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I was about ten years old and at an AoG church. It was fifty years ago and I remember it clearly.

Romans 5:17 Consequently faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the preached word of Christ.

5. Nova2216

+61
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    He placed you into His body (church) before you were ever born!

How's that?

Why do people preach the gospel if your way is true? (1Cor.1:21)

1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Don't you have to believe to be saved?

Joh 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

6. DerSchweik

DerSchweik Spend time in His Word - every day

+112,030
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Col 2:8 - 12 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. 9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, 10 and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority; 11 and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ; 12 having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised up with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.

Rom 6:3-5 Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection,

Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Gal 3:26f For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Acts 2:38 "Brethren, what shall we do?” 38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Acts 19:1ff It happened that while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul passed through the upper country and came to Ephesus, and found some disciples. 2 He said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” And they said to him, “No, we have not even heard whether there is a Holy Spirit.” 3 And he said, “Into what then were you baptized?

Acts 8:35f - Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture he preached Jesus to him. 36 As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch *said, “Look! Water! What prevents me from being baptized?

7. Nova2216

+61
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    Love all the scriptures.

8. aiki

aiki Regular Member

+3,459
    Canada
    Baptist
    Married
    It began with God moving toward me when I was as Paul described all unbelievers, lost in sin, to be:

Ephesians 2:1-3
    1 And you were dead in your trespasses and sins,
    2 in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.
    3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.

Colossians 1:21

21 And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds,

Romans 8:5-8

5 For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
    6 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace,
    7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so,
    8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

As all born-again believers once were, I was bound in sin, blind and deaf to God, to His truth, unable to move toward Him, without power to please Him, soiled by sin.

But God. He moved toward me, fouled by sin though I was, drawing me to Christ (John 6:44). He convicted me of sin (John 16:8), and placed me under the sound of the Gospel, which is "the power of God unto salvation to every one who believes" (Romans 1:16), and gave me "repentance to the acknowledging of the truth" (2 Timothy 2:25). Having done all this for me, and having come to understand the truth of Salvation, in and through Christ, I chose to place my trust in him, by faith believing in him as MY Saviour and Lord (Romans 10:9-10), being spiritually born-again in doing so.

By the Holy Spirit, the "Spirit of Christ" (Romans 8:9), I am "in Christ," made a joint-heir with him (Romans 8:17). The new life I have in Christ is given to me in the Person of the Holy Spirit. (Titus 3:5; 1 John 4:13; Romans 8:9) who comes to live within me (1 Corinthians 6:19). In the Spirit, I possess all of what I need to be the person God calls me to be, made forever acceptable to God, fully justified, sanctified and redeemed in and through Christ. (1 Corinthians 1:30)

Pretty outstanding, eh, what God has done?

9. Nova2216

+61
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    You mentioned (Eph. 2).

Are you aware the Ephesians were converted in (Acts 19:1-5)?

They were baptized twice. (Mark 1:4)

Believe + Baptism = Saved (Mark 16:16) (1Peter3:20,21) (Rom. 6:3-6,16-18) (Acts 8:5,12,13,26-40 ; 16:30-34 ; 22:16)

You said - " I was bound in sin, blind and deaf to God, to His truth, unable to move toward Him,

You posted (Jn. 6:44) but have you read (Jn. 6:45)?

(Jn 6:45)...they shall all be taught of God. Every one that hath heard from the Father, and hath learned, cometh unto me.

We can understand Gods word according to (Eph. 3:3,4) (Jn. 7:17) (Eph. 5:17).

Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Thanks for posting.