Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The people who built said monument are not our friends and they don't deserve pity or tolerance.

Yes, they are our friends. They are friends with their own opinions.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,088.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes, they are our friends. They are friends with their own opinions.

If they desire only 500 million people in the world. Do you think you or someone like myself would be amongst the select few they desire to be part of that number? Probably not. Whoever made these monuments are not friends in the distinction between friend and enemy.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If they desire only 500 million people in the world. Do you think you or someone like myself would be amongst the select few they desire to be part of that number? Probably not. Whoever made these monuments are not friends in the distinction between friend and enemy.

That's an assumption you make, that they would not want us amongst their select.

Not everything is black and white all the time.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,088.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That's an assumption you make, that they would not want us amongst their select.

Not everything is black and white all the time.

If said group were in charge and were to tolerate people with my attitude (that to have many children is good), they would undermine their own policy priority in tolerating people like myself. Indeed, any traditional society that had such values could not be permitted to act freely lest the population exceed their preferred limit. Why not get rid of such traditional societies and create a new society which conforms to the monument?

Islamic communities, various Christian communities, Orthodox Jews, Pagans, whomever.

Yeah I'm making an assumption, but how is it unwarranted?

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If said group were in charge and were to tolerate people with my attitude (that to have many children is good), they would undermine their own policy priority in tolerating people like myself. Indeed, any traditional society that had such values could not be permitted to act freely lest the population exceed their preferred limit. Why not get rid of such traditional societies and create a new society which conforms to the monument?

Islamic communities, various Christian communities, Orthodox Jews, Pagans, whomever.

Yeah I'm making an assumption, but how is it unwarranted?

It's unwarranted because it hasn't been stated by any reliable source. So it's an imaginary concept, likely invented by one's own attitude in a similar situation if roles were reversed (projecting).

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,088.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's unwarranted because it hasn't been stated by any reliable source. So it's an imaginary concept, likely invented by one's own attitude in a similar situation if roles were reversed (projecting).
Until whoever built it reveals themselves and their ideology all we can do is guess. You have faith in the monument creators that they are our friends and have our interests at heart. What this faith is based on, I do not know. I have thought about the monument's stated goal and see it as antithetical to any sense of living a traditional life as a Christian or as anything else.

Why do you think the monument creators are friends as opposed to enemies?

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Until whoever built it reveals themselves and their ideology all we can do is guess. You have faith in the monument creators that they are our friends and have our interests at heart. What this faith is based on, I do not know. I have thought about the monument's stated goal and see it as antithetical to any sense of living a traditional life as a Christian or as anything else.

Why do you think the monument creators are friends as opposed to enemies?

Because I give everyone the benefit of the doubt, as opposed to considering them guilty first, and asking questions later.

...Maybe it's because I'm an American, and not influenced by the East. Here in America, people are "innocent until proven guilty".

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,088.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Because I give everyone the benefit of the doubt, as opposed to considering them guilty first, and asking questions later.

...Maybe it's because I'm an American, and not influenced by the East. Here in America, people are "innocent until proven guilty".

When people tell you their goal and that goal involves you in some way, it might pay to actually take them at their word. The benefit of the doubt is not owed to everyone, especially when they have an ominous goal of limiting or maintaining the world at 500 million people.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When people tell you their goal and that goal involves you in some way, it might pay to actually take them at their word. The benefit of the doubt is not owed to everyone, especially when they have an ominous goal of limiting or maintaining the world at 500 million people.

Their goal doesn't involve us though, that's the imaginary part I was talking about earlier.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Did the vandalism of this monument erase history or was this one of the few in the country that are not wired to burn a cache of unique, unduplicated primary sources upon its fall?

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,088.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Their goal doesn't involve us though, that's the imaginary part I was talking about earlier.

When they want to maintain the world at 500 million it involves everyone. They don't want to maintain only the USA or Russia or whatever, but the world. How do you limit or maintain the population of the world and allow for people to do what they want in their familial lives or allow countries or nations to govern themselves? You need a sovereign authority above them all.

How would you accomplish the goal of 500 million people only without affecting 6.5 billion others?

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When they want to maintain the world at 500 million it involves everyone. They don't want to maintain only the USA or Russia or whatever, but the world. How do you limit or maintain the population of the world and allow for people to do what they want in their familial lives or allow countries or nations to govern themselves? You need a sovereign authority above them all.

How would you accomplish the goal of 500 million people only without affecting 6.5 billion others?

Birth control, probably. Taxing over-reproducers, maybe?

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are such people our friends? People who tax parents for having thirds?

Nobody has done that. There's only people expressing that they like the idea, though, they may change their minds once they discover how draconian and dictatorial their idea is in a real-world sense.

...So yes, They're still my friends until they act on it.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,088.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Nobody has done that. There's only people expressing that they like the idea, though, they may change their minds once they discover how draconian and unnatural their idea is in a real-world sense.

...So yes, They're still my friends until they act on it.

Why would they change their minds if they actually believe what they are doing is good? They are guiding reproduction for fitness and diversity, and they are thinking about the good of the planet. Everything the monument endorses and wants.

A policy or social program that is not enacted shouldn't prevent you from regarding someone as an enemy. Rather it should be a foreshadowing to what it is they want to accomplish and you take necessary steps to oppose them in the meantime so they can't enact their policy goal. By the time a political actor or organization has enacted their goal, they've already built up the necessary amount of support needed. An appeal to what's right won't stop them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,088.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Sounds Jihadish to me. How shallow.

I would say it's the concept of the political. That there are friends and there are enemies. Jihad implies violence whereas this conception implies distinct interests working for different ends. Does the monument and it's message work towards the ends Christians envision or even the great majority of people envision? No, therefore the sentiments expressed therein are those of an enemy. They should be resisted and not pitied.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would say it's the concept of the political. That there are friends and there are enemies. Jihad implies violence whereas this conception implies distinct interests working for different ends. Does the monument and it's message work towards the ends Christians envision or even the great majority of people envision? No, therefore the sentiments expressed therein are those of an enemy. They should be resisted and not pitied.

You're free to hold that opinion, though I think it's misguided.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What people have stated these ideals as any kind of goal of theirs? You keep mentioning “they” and “them” and “their goals”. I’d like to know who we should be on the lookout for.

Reactions: comana
Upvote 0