Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat

Troubling, and somewhat sad. The Georgia Guidestones were most likely built during the Cold War by a group of people who wanted to try to leave something to future generations after a nuclear war. It also became a tourist attraction for Elbert County, Georgia. But groups of fundamentalist Christians and conspiracy theorists became convinced they were "satanic" or part of a "new world order".

I hope this is investigated as a domestic terrorist incident. It's a worrying sign of the times we live in, I suppose. Perhaps the stones were merely the latest victim in the fallout from the growth in right wing extremism and conspiracy theories.

A wikipedia article explaining the tourist attraction:

Georgia Guidestones - Wikipedia

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Troubling, and somewhat sad. The Georgia Guidestones were most likely built during the Cold War by a group of people who wanted to try to leave something to future generations after a nuclear war. It also became a tourist attraction for Elbert County, Georgia. But groups of fundamentalist Christians and conspiracy theorists became convinced they were "satanic" or part of a "new world order".

I hope this is investigated as a domestic terrorist incident. It's a worrying sign of the times we live in, I suppose. Perhaps the stones were merely the latest victim in the fallout from the growth in right wing extremism and conspiracy theories.

A wikipedia article explaining the tourist attraction:

Georgia Guidestones - Wikipedia
Is it terrorism when leftists destroy statues they don't like? Or when BLM riots and burns people's property? No one has the right to destroy what is not theirs simply because they don't like it.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0