Genesis 6:1-4, Sons of God, Giants in the earth, (Nephilim) are not angles who had relations with daughters of men!

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Moses, a prophet of God wrote Genesis. Are you holding yourself in a position of a prophet ordained by God?

Was the old testament written in the Hebrew language translated to Greek? I don’t think so. There are questions around the Septuagint and it’s authenticity.
You are mistaken.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

2 Timothy 3:16 (KJV)

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine,
for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

This was said long before kj translation
The reason you are able to read this scripture is because it is in English a language the Bible has been translated in from the original Hebrew language.

Genesis 6:4 KJV says giants, and these giants were mighty men, of renown.
Using your approach, the English word giant is עֲנָק in the Hebrew language and means; necklace, colossus, titan, jumbo, neck chain.
These words do not mean Nephilims who are born from angels marrying human women,

Colossus;
1 · of, relating to, or resembling a colossus. colossal statues ;
2 · of a bulk, extent, power, or effect approaching or suggesting the stupendous or incredible.

Titan;
1, a person or thing of very great strength, intellect, or importance.
"a titan of American industry

Jumbo;
big, large
above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent

Here are some mighty men, men of renown, giants of the earth; dynasty’s and palaces that existed before the flood based on some archeologists:

WORLD HISTORY 2000-1750 BC​

2060 BC Third Dynasty Of Ur Founded (Sumeria)- Urnammu of Ur seized power from Utukhegal and founded a new Sumerian dynasty. Under his son, Shulgi, the empire of Ur extended as far as Anatolia. Like his Sumerian forbearers, Shulgi declared himself to be a god. During this period, an extensive building campaign was undertaken by the Empire. It was also a golden period for Sumerian literature. In about 1965 B.C., the Amorites overran Sumer and Akkad. Finally, Ur was attacked and destroyed, thereby ending the golden age.
2000 BC Great Stone Palaces At Knossos Built- The stone palaces at Knossus and Malia were built on Crete at around 2000 BC. The palaces were designed to help keep the temperature as cool as possible. They also contained indoor plumbing.
2000 BC Babylonia Develop Mathematic System- The Babylonians developed a mathematical system based on units of 60. They also divided a circle into a 360 units.
1900 BC Cotton Used For The First Time - Beginning around 1900 BC the Harappans became the first to grow and wove cotten into fabric.
1900 BC Myceneans Arrive In Greece- Around 1900 B.C., the Mycenaeans arrived from the North and gained control of Greece. This was the period of Greek history written about by Homer, and known as the Heroic Period- or Mycenaean Age.
1900 BC Middle Minoan Culture Begins - Minoan culture reached its high point during this period. Great palaces were built at Knossos, Phaistos and Mallia. There was a central government. Minoans began trading with other peoples both around the Aegean and as far away as Egypt. There is some evidence that the Minoans successfully collected tribute from many surrounding peoples.
1991 -1786 BC Amenemhet I Founded the Middle Kingdom. He reduced the power of the nobles and established a strong central government. The new capital of Egypt became Lisht. During this period, Egyptian art and literature flourished. The practice of co-regency was introduced during this era. The Middle Kingdom reached the pinnacle of its might under Amenemehet III.

So, why is it that the giant, men of renown cannot mean of a particular stature in that society at that time, men of wealth who had some control; men of renown meaning of great importance and respected for their substance where from one generation to another their dynasty ruled. This would explain giants in the earth, men of renown.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible had already been translated to English. Do you read English?
So anyone not able to understand English,
and do not use kjv are not able to understand the bible?

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So anyone not able to understand English,
and do not use kjv are not able to understand the bible?
The issue is that you speak English, and you were using the Hebrew language [originally I said Greek] to re-translating an english word in the Bible that had already been translated from Hebrew.

The work of translation has already been done so we only needed to look up the English word’s synonyms to get the full meaning.

We are not in a position to re-translate the Bible discounting the work done hundreds of years ago as if the translators made a mistake.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m sorry but are you under the impression that the KJV is the original Bible?
Ordained by God? You do realize that there are copyists errors in the KJV don’t you?
It sounds like you are a KJV only advocate. That’s fine but don’t try to push it on others
I used to be one myself before I thoroughly researched the matter
How can you say there are errors? Well if you have done research you might be interested in looking at “A Lamp in the Dark: The Untold History of the Bible.” It’s a YouTube video very well done.

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reason you are able to read this scripture is because it is in English a language the Bible has been translated in from the original Hebrew language.
This verse I gave, 2 Timothy 3:16 is in the new testament.
The New Testament was written in a form of Koine Greek
not Hebrew.

Most biblical scholars adhere to the view that the
Greek text of the New Testament is the original version.

The position known as Peshitta Primacy, the vast majority
of scholars dispute this position citing linguistic, historical,
and textual inconsistencies.

How can you say there are errors?

For one example Easter in Acts:12:4 in the King James Version
is an incorrect translation of the Greek word pascha ,
which refers to Passover , not Easter. This mistake has
been corrected in modern translations of the New Testament.

Last edited:
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are not in a position to re-translate the Bible discounting the work done hundreds of years ago as if the translators made a mistake.
I am not re-translating anything. I look at the original word to see what the {original word inspired by God] was.

And yes man can make mistakes, and the kj translation have some.

Last edited:
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can you say there are errors? Well if you have done research you might be interested in looking at “A Lamp in the Dark: The Untold History of the Bible.” It’s a YouTube video very well done.
There are multiple copyists errors. Here’s one example:
2Sa 15:7 - And it came to pass after forty years, that Absalom said unto the king,I pray thee, let me go and pay my vow, which I have vowed unto the LORD, in Hebron.

If you have studied the Bible then you know that David only reigned for forty years so this is obviously an error

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 6:4 KJV says giants, and these giants were mighty men, of renown.
Using your approach, the English word giant is עֲנָק in the Hebrew language and means; necklace, colossus, titan, jumbo, neck chain.
These words do not mean Nephilims who are born from angels marrying human women,

Colossus;
1 · of, relating to, or resembling a colossus. colossal statues ;
2 · of a bulk, extent, power, or effect approaching or suggesting the stupendous or incredible.

Titan;
1, a person or thing of very great strength, intellect, or importance.
"a titan of American industry

Jumbo;
big, large
above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent
Where did I ever give that definition ?

I showed in post #270 using KJV+
Gen 6:4 There were giantsH5303

H5303

נְפִל נְפִיל
nephı̂yl nephil
nef-eel', nef-eel'
From H5307; properly, a feller, that is, a bully or tyrant: - giant.
Total KJV occurrences: 3

"The term implies a tough, or a bully,
an individual of great physical might."

KJV translates this Hebrew word into English: giant

these giants were mighty men, of renown

Yes they very well could have been.
Some lived to ripe old age of 800 to 900 years.

These words do not mean Nephilims who are
born from angels marrying human women,

I never said it did. I do not believe Angeles
can mate with other angels, or mankind period.
-

Deu 2:11 Which also were accounted giants,H7497

H7497

רָפָה רָפָא
râphâ' râphâh
raw-faw', raw-faw'
From H7495 in the sense of invigorating; a giant: - giant,
Rapha, Rephaim (-s). See also H1051. Total KJV occurrences: 21

The KJV translates this word for giants also,
even when these 2 words are very different.

We know there was giants on this side of the flood, but
The giants before the flood where different-not connected.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This verse I gave, 2 Timothy 3:16 is in the new testament.
The New Testament was written in a form of Koine Greek
not Hebrew.

Most biblical scholars adhere to the view that the
Greek text of the New Testament is the original version.

The position known as Peshitta Primacy, the vast majority
of scholars dispute this position citing linguistic, historical,
and textual inconsistencies.

For one example Easter in Acts:12:4 in the King James Version
is an incorrect translation of the Greek word pascha ,
which refers to Passover , not Easter. This mistake has
been corrected in modern translations of the New Testament.
First excuse me. I’m aware the New Testament was originally written in Greek, and some Aramaic.

The reference scripture in Genesis is Hebrew. I was just confusing the two.

But, Easter in Acts 12:4 has to have an explanation because in the Tyndale bible, the word is “ester” and in the Geneva bible, the word is “Easter” and in John Wycliffe Bible, the word is “Pask.” Pask means Passover.

All of these words are understood to mean Passover. Yet I understand the pagan connotation to Easter.

The Tyndale and Geneva bibles were used in the Kings James Version, so I believe the translators understood the word meant Passover and chose not to change it.

I don’t see a problem. But I do see a problem with people changing the Bible centuries later and making diffrent versions completely changing words and meanings.

In regards to these new versions, how can I say yes to one version, while saying no to others when most all have changed the Bible around. Who am I to think I can and/or should go through the Bible and pull out errors. I’m not God. I see this as wrong!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where did I ever give that definition ?
You didn’t. I apologize. I was reading too fast and was basically ignoring your Hebrew references as I do have a problem with that.

But, I see you were showing the meaning of giants.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Geneva bible
Act 12:4 "And when he had caught him, he put him in prison,
and deliuered him to foure quaternions of souldiers to be kept,
intending after the Passeouer to bring him foorth to the people."
I have the 1587 version with the marginal notes.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Look, Jesus is Lord over all who ever lived and died. There were those who sinned without law where their sins could not be imputed unto them. These people who died before and during the flood were held captive until Christ set them free. Hell did not apply to them, nor could they receive salvation.

We are forgetting something...

For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law
who will be declared righteous. (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things
required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.
They show
that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and
their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)

Romans 2:13-15

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are no Nephilims mentioned in the Bible. This is made up. We humans are so quick to believe in fables. We act as though we were never taught to read and use discernment. We allow people with their untruths to twist our minds to see something that is not there till all reason is burned our of us. This is one of the main reasons God is against the human race: idolatry, belief in fables, worshiping status built with our own hands, holding God’s word in abomination, steering the masses down the wrong path, believing man instead of God, and holding themselves of high esteem to the point of insult when confronted.

It is understood that you hold the King James Version Only. With that you would have ignorance of some things originally in the Bible, as Nephilim were. It is translated in ways such as with being called giants. Either way, I do not hold that there is supernatural explanation for them needed, the abnormality would be among what was resulting from mutations that were starting to happen, there would be more mutations after the great worldwide flood.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are no Nephilims mentioned in the Bible. This is made up. We humans are so quick to believe in fables.

I wonder as well...

Why there are some quick to believe a fable that prophets created fables?
As if they could.

Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by
the prophet’s own interpretation of things. For prophecy never had its origin
in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were
carried along by the Holy Spirit." 2 Peter 1:20-21​

grace and truth ................

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is understood that you hold the King James Version Only. With that you would have ignorance of some things originally in the Bible, as Nephilim were. It is translated in ways such as with being called giants. Either way, I do not hold that there is supernatural explanation for them needed, the abnormality would be among what was resulting from mutations that were starting to happen, there would be more mutations after the great worldwide flood.
None of what you have said is biblical pertaining to mutations. How do you know this? You are not the Creator, we are just specks in His design and creation.

Now, if you took part in His creation, then you would be justified in speaking about this, but you did not. And considering the Bible does not mention this, then where do you stand in altering God’s word?

Giants = Nephilims- I understand the word means giant. But what people have done is use the word Nephilim to say there is a race of people that came from angles procreating with human women. So they make the word Nephilim seem to be of some great importance, and change the meaning from “giant” to a creature stemming from angels. So, the fact that I “do stick to the King James Bible” is not the issue. The issue is people are using the word Nephilim wrong based on their faulty understanding of the Bible.

What people are doing is taking what someone else has said about Nephilims and running with it. These people are not taking the time to allow the Holy Spirit to guide them in the scriptures. This is why they don’t understand. There were no half man and half angels then and there are no half man and half angels now. According to scripture, Matthew 22:30 KJV, angels do not marry, therefore, angels bodies do not possess seed/sperm to fertilize a female’s eggs or else they would have had to transform themselves into human agents. If they did not create themselves, how would they accomplish this? Also, just because angels could eat like humans, does not mean they were capable of childbearing. This would be out of order of God’s creation on earth, because He told “man” to be fruitful and multiply, not angels.

How can a spiritual creature that can never die procreate with a creature that can die?

Christ is the only One Who was born this way.

If this type of spiritual birth would be manifested in Christ, who would be born of the Holy Spirit (spiritual birth) and a human woman (Mary) for our salvation, then why would God allow His spiritual creation (angels) to start this process before Christ?

But the question will skate over the heads of some because of the fixation on fables.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
None of what you have said is biblical pertaining to mutations. How do you know this? You are not the Creator, we are just specks in His design and creation.

Now, if you took part in His creation, then you would be justified in speaking about this, but you did not. And considering the Bible does not mention this, then where do you stand in altering God’s word?

Giants = Nephilims- I understand the word means giant. But what people have done is use the word Nephilim to say there is a race of people that came from angles procreating with human women. So they make the word Nephilim seem to be of some great importance, and change the meaning from “giant” to a creature stemming from angels. So, the fact that I “do stick to the King James Bible” is not the issue. The issue is people are using the word Nephilim wrong based on their faulty understanding of the Bible.

What people are doing is taking what someone else has said about Nephilims and running with it. These people are not taking the time to allow the Holy Spirit to guide them in the scriptures. This is why they don’t understand. There were no half man and half angels then and there are no half man and half angels now. According to scripture, Matthew 22:30 KJV, angels do not marry, therefore, angels bodies do not possess seed/sperm to fertilize a female’s eggs or else they would have had to transform themselves into human agents. If they did not create themselves, how would they accomplish this? Also, just because angels could eat like humans, does not mean they were capable of childbearing. This would be out of order of God’s creation on earth, because He told “man” to be fruitful and multiply, not angels.

How can a spiritual creature that can never die procreate with a creature that can die?

Christ is the only One Who was born this way.

If this type of spiritual birth would be manifested in Christ, who would be born of the Holy Spirit (spiritual birth) and a human woman (Mary) for our salvation, then why would God allow His spiritual creation (angels) to start this process before Christ?

But the question will skate over the heads of some because of the fixation on fables.
You are right, care should be taken with interpretations. And, we have mutations today, and for a long time. Where did they come from, how did they start? They would not have been in the world made perfectly in the beginning, which continued just until the Fall, right? Mutations came afterward with all the rest of corruption that came with death into this world. Why argue with me about others having their own interpretations, which are not mine? There isn't scripture showing beings that do not die mated and were procreating with mortal humans. So giant beings would not come from that. Nephilim, or giants they are interpreted to be, just were mentioned being around then at that time when sons of God, which I understand to be those who had been more righteous, but fell from that, were taking any daughters of men. Mutations would be the most logical explanation still.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are right, care should be taken with interpretations. And, we have mutations today, and for a long time. Where did they come from, how did they start? They would not have been in the world made perfectly in the beginning, which continued just until the Fall, right? Mutations came afterward with all the rest of corruption that came with death into this world. Why argue with me about others having their own interpretations, which are not mine? There isn't scripture showing beings that do not die mated and were procreating with mortal humans. So giant beings would not come from that. Nephilim, or giants they are interpreted to be, just were mentioned being around then at that time when sons of God, which I understand to be those who had been more righteous, but fell from that, were taking any daughters of men. Mutations would be the most logical explanation still.
What mutations then? Genesis 6:4 KJV, “There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.”

Giants in this verse is speaking about status. The last sentence in the verse explains who these giants are: mighty men, men of renown. When the sons of God (who descended from Adam), married daughters born of the sons of God, their children became giants in the earth, that is, some became mighty men, men of renown. If you look at history, you will see there were mighty kingdoms and mighty cities with rulers on earth at that time before the flood.

Mighty men - before the flood
Nimrod - built Nineveh - ancient Mesopotamia
The ten Antediluvian kings
City of Enoch - built by Cain’s son
Babylonian kingdoms
(there are other mighty men - cities and kingdoms)

Adam was considered the son of God, Luke 3:38 KJV, so wouldn’t those men born after him be also called sons of God?

God created man, and however, those girl babies born were called daughters of men.

It’s just a matter of using our God given reasoning to interpret these versus guided by the Holy Spirit.

God bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0