Genesis 6:1-4, Sons of God, Giants in the earth, (Nephilim) are not angles who had relations with daughters of men!

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People say the Nephilims are the giants whose fathers are angle that married women during those days.

This issue has always caused me to wonder how can an angle who is spirit, marry a woman who is flesh and have a baby.

I ask this question especially because Jesus explained in Luke 20:34-36 that those resurrected from the dead neither marry, nor are giving in marriage; that they are equal to the the angles and cannot die anymore.

So Jesus is saying the angels cannot marry nor be givin in marriage, and that they are spirit because they cannot die. So how can a spirit posses a fleshly male seed to produce a baby? Well according to Jesus that can’t happen.

Because there is a flesh and blood creation and there is a spiritual creation - angels, you can’t mix the two. Only a man made of flesh can have relations with a woman made of flesh.

So to understand what Genesis is saying we have to look at God’s creation of man and where the woman fit in.

God created man, not woman. Woman was made from a man that God had already created; from the rib of Adam - Adam was God’s creation, not Eve.

Genesis 6:1 says,….when men (God’s creation) began to multiply…and daughters were born unto them, 2 The sons of God saw the daughter of men…and took them wives…

The sons of God in Genesis 6:1-2 is God’s creation - man

The daughters of men are those women born who are patterned after Eve in creation.

The women could not be called the sons of God. They could only be called the daughters of men because as I pointed out earlier women were not created, they were made from an already existing creation - man. And it is man who holds the title sons of God. Women holds the title, daughters of men.

And although 2 Corinthians 6:18 says,
“And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty,” man’s position is still considered over the woman in title. This is why in 1 Corinthians 11:3 the man is the head of the woman, but Christ is the head of man.

Last edited:

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How did satan who is a fallen angel speak through a snake? God gave angels certain supernatural powers you can't use human reasoning to understand spiritual reality
But they are not flesh and blood!

They were fallen angles with “certain supernatural powers” at the time Jesus said those resurrected are equal to the angels: Luke 20:34-36 that they “neither marry, nor are giving in marriage.” Jesus had full knowledge about the abilities angels posses, fallen or not, as He made them according to John 1:3 KJV. An angels’ power lie in the fact that they are spirit. But they are not capable of altering themselves from spirit to flesh. That would go against creation. Angels were created of one type of body. Man was create of another type of body.

Also Satan did not speak through a snake. The serpent that Satan spoke through was not a snake at first. God cursed the serpent to be a snake. This tells us that the serpent had another type of body before he was cursed, and we don’t know what type because the Bible doesn’t say.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
We have the Sons of God and the Daughters of man. Today they would call them gentiles. The Bible is very clear that "Jewish" people are not to marry non "Jewish" people.

Science would call them hunter-gathers. Cain talks about them when he says: "whoever finds me will kill me". Genesis 4:14.

The Sons of God have the Breath of Life that we read about in Genesis 2:7.

The early church was very surprised that the Gentiles could be saved. Acts 10:27

Jesus actually referred to them as dogs. Matthew 15:27.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have the Sons of God and the Daughters of man. Today they would call them gentiles. The Bible is very clear that "Jewish" people are not to marry non "Jewish" people.

Science would call them hunter-gathers. Cain talks about them when he says: "whoever finds me will kill me". Genesis 4:14.

The Sons of God have the Breath of Life that we read about in Genesis 2:7.

The early church was very surprised that the Gentiles could be saved. Acts 10:27

Jesus actually referred to them as dogs. Matthew 15:27.
The Sons of God and daughters of men in Genesis is making no separation between nations at that time, because Abraham who the Jews descended from, was not born. It was not until God chose Abraham’s seed in Isaac and then Jacob that the distinction between Jews and Gentiles was made. Jacob whose name was changed to Israel before he died, had 12 sons who are the 12 tribes of Israel with Judah and Benjamin being the Jews out of the 12.

It was only under the law that Jews could not marry gentiles or strangers. This was for all Israel. However, the law has been nailed to the cross and is not valid in Christ Jesus.

Genesis is simply referring to the overall creation of all men at that time.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People say the Nephilims are the giants whose fathers are angle that married women during those days.

This issue has always caused me to wonder how can an angle who is spirit, marry a woman who is flesh and have a baby.

I ask this question especially because Jesus explained in Luke 20:34-36 that those resurrected from the dead neither marry, nor are giving in marriage; that they are equal to the the angles and cannot die anymore.

So Jesus is saying the angels cannot marry nor be givin in marriage, and that they are spirit because they cannot die. So how can a spirit posses a fleshly male seed to produce a baby? Well according to Jesus that can’t happen.

Because there is a flesh and blood creation and there is a spiritual creation - angels, you can’t mix the two. Only a man made of flesh can have relations with a woman made of flesh.

So to understand what Genesis is saying we have to look at God’s creation of man and where the woman fit in.

God created man, not woman. Woman was made from a man that God had already created; from the rib of Adam - Adam was God’s creation, not Eve.

Genesis 6:1 says,….when men (God’s creation) began to multiply…and daughters were born unto them, 2 The sons of God saw the daughter of men…and took them wives…

The sons of God in Genesis 6:1-2 is God’s creation - man

The daughters of men are those women born who are patterned after Eve in creation.

The women could not be called the sons of God. They could only be called the daughters of men because as I pointed out earlier women were not created, they were made from an already existing creation - man. And it is man who holds the title sons of God. Women holds the title, daughters of men.

And although 2 Corinthians 6:18 says,
“And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty,” man’s position is still considered over the woman in title. This is why in 1 Corinthians 11:3 the man is the head of the woman, but Christ is the head of man.
According to your logic, Noah married a daughter of men as well . Then by this logic his children were Nephilim. His sons would both continued the lineage of Nephilim so no lineage of Jesus Christ of Nazareth would be possible. Back to the drawing board on this one. Remember only eight were found worthy and they were all " sons of God", the righteous among them. Sons of God are the faithful and that includes women.

Something to keep in mind :

Are women sons?
"The New Testament often uses metaphors to convey a specific idea. Sonship as referred to in Galatians 3:26 is a metaphor conveying a specific spiritual concept, just as ‘bride of Christ’ and ‘body of Christ’ are also metaphors conveying aspects of life in Christ. Metaphors are not gender specific. When Jesus was in the flesh, He had a male body, but no one would suggest that Biblical references to ‘the body of Christ’ include only males.When the Bible speaks of God’s fathering relationship with His individual people it is clear that relationship includes both sons and daughters. "

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The Sons of God and daughters of men in Genesis is making no separation between nations at that time,
We are all part of a biodiverse eco system. Even hunter gather before civilization. This is exactly what Eden was and this is what Noah saved on his Ark.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to your logic, Noah married a daughter of men as well . Then by this logic his children were Nephilim. His sons would both continued the lineage of Nephilim so no lineage of Jesus Christ of Nazareth would be possible. Back to the drawing board on this one. Remember only eight were found worthy and they were all " sons of God", the righteous among them. Sons of God are the faithful and that includes women.

Something to keep in mind :

Are women sons?
"The New Testament often uses metaphors to convey a specific idea. Sonship as referred to in Galatians 3:26 is a metaphor conveying a specific spiritual concept, just as ‘bride of Christ’ and ‘body of Christ’ are also metaphors conveying aspects of life in Christ. Metaphors are not gender specific. When Jesus was in the flesh, He had a male body, but no one would suggest that Biblical references to ‘the body of Christ’ include only males.When the Bible speaks of God’s fathering relationship with His individual people it is clear that relationship includes both sons and daughters. "
I’m not clear on your point, but based on God’s creation (and not referring to Metaphors), all women from Genesis to today are daughters of men.

All women in Christ are part of the sonship, part of the bride of Christ, and are part of the body of Christ, however a woman’s status based on creation is that they are daughters of men because she was made from God’s original creation - man. 1 Corinthians 11:8 KJV.

I don’t know what point you were making about Noah. Nephilim simply means giant. However you will not find the word Nephilim in the KJV Bible. All men were not giants then, and I don’t see how Noah’s wife is related.

The body of Christ does not only include males and I did not say that. You should read throughly the OP.

To clarify, the body of Christ, bride of Christ, sonship are not Metaphors. Definition of Metaphor: 1) a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable. 2) a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, especially something abstract.

Christians are actually the bride of Christ - we are married to Christ. The body of Christ - we are joined to Christ by that same holy seed, the Holy Spirit that raised Christ from the dead, which makes us children of God, which makes us part of the sonship; just as Jesus is a Son of God, he has many brethren, Romans 8:29 KJV

This is God’s salvation work!

No Metaphors! All factual!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are all part of a biodiverse eco system. Even hunter gather before civilization. This is exactly what Eden was and this is what Noah saved on his Ark.
I don’t know what you mean based on biblical facts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for this :) but I need chapter and verse for " how can an angle who is spirit, " for I can not find this. We know God is a spirit :) We can not just toss out Enoch :) Also its you that says "So Jesus is saying". The word says in Jude "And angels who did not keep their own designated place of power, but abandoned their proper dwelling place, [these] He has kept in eternal chains under [the thick gloom of utter] darkness for the judgment of the great day,". There is so much more you didn't look at.

Upvote 0

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God created both souls we know as Adam and Eve.

Genesis 1:27
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

That which was fashioned from Adam's rib was Eve's body just as God formed Adam's body from the dirt.

Genesis 2:7
Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

We know angels can take on human flesh and do things just like humans like the angels that accompanied the Lord when visiting Abraham.

Genesis 18:5
Let me get you something to eat, so you can be refreshed and then go on your way—now that you have come to your servant.” “Very well,” they answered, “do as you say.”

There is a reference in Jude concerning the angels of Genesis 6 informing us they did more than simply visit earth from heaven like one visits a place when going on holiday for example but rather they abandoned their place in heaven and became something else.

Jude 1:6
And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.

The context of the Corinthian passage you quote is not about male/female relations but about mixing with unbelievers. Nothing to do with a husband having authority over his wife.

Unfortunately, your whole theory that only men can be called sons of God and women can only be called daughters of men is based on an error. God created both male and female. Eve was hid in Adam just as the Church is hid in Christ. At the right time she was taken out just as, at the right time, we will be taken out.

Colossians 3:3-4
3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

Upvote 0

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for this :) but I need chapter and verse for " how can an angle who is spirit, " for I can not find this. We know God is a spirit :) We can not just toss out Enoch :) Also its you that says "So Jesus is saying". The word says in Jude "And angels who did not keep their own designated place of power, but abandoned their proper dwelling place, [these] He has kept in eternal chains under [the thick gloom of utter] darkness for the judgment of the great day,". There is so much more you didn't look at.
Hebrews 1:14
Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but I need chapter and verse for “how can an angle who is spirit, "
I think you are referring to this statement, “how can an angle who is spirit, marry a woman who is flesh and have a baby.” 1 Corinthians 15:35-54 KJV breaks down the different bodies of creation. We know two type of bodies don’t mix, it goes against creation. 1 Corinthians 15:38, 1 Corinthians 15:44, and 1 Corinthians 15:48 are specific to one body being earthly and another heavenly or spiritual.
We can not just toss out Enoch
Hebrews 11:5 KJV, “By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death;” What happened to Enoch is the same process that will happen to those saints who are still alive when Christ returns. Enoch was translated or changed. The saints that are caught up will be translated or changed. 1 Thessalonians 4:17 KJV, “Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.” Paul explains this to be a mystery in 1 Corinthians 15:51 KJV.
Also its you that says "So Jesus is saying". The word says in Jude "And angels who did not keep their own designated place of power, but abandoned their proper dwelling place, [these] He has kept in eternal chains under [the thick gloom of utter] darkness for the judgment of the great day,".
You are referring to what I said here: “So Jesus is saying the angels cannot marry nor be givin in marriage, and that they are spirit because they cannot die.”

Think about it, Jesus said those resurrected from the dead are equal to the angels and cannot die, Luke 20:34-36 KJV
Angels are spiritual beings, Hebrews 1:7 KJV. The scripture says those resurrected from the dead will be raised a spiritual body, 1 Corinthians 15:44 KJV. So if Luke 20:35-36 KJV is true, which it is, then the angels neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

Jude 6 KJV. “And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.”

The above scripture clearly says Angels which kept not their first estate, and left their own habitation. It does not say the angels that left their spiritual body and changed to a body that can had sexual relations with fleshly human beings.

Which of the angels left their first estate? Satan! Satan’s first estate, place of abode, was in heaven where he had great position, Ezekiel 28:14-17 KJV. Satan no longer posses his first estate in heaven nor any of the one third angels that went with him. Are they reserved to be Judged at that great day? Yes, 2 Peter 2:4. Satan is thrown in the lake of fire just before the books are opened to judge those who were not in the first resurrection. Revelation 20:5-6 KJV, and Revelation 20:10-11 KJV

When we read Jude, we cannot put verse 6 and 7 together because they are different accounts of wicked event that took place at different times. Just like verse 4, 8, and 9 are talking about different events.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God created both souls we know as Adam and Eve.

Genesis 1:27
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

That which was fashioned from Adam's rib was Eve's body just as God formed Adam's body from the dirt.

Genesis 2:7
Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

We know angels can take on human flesh and do things just like humans like the angels that accompanied the Lord when visiting Abraham.

Genesis 18:5
Let me get you something to eat, so you can be refreshed and then go on your way—now that you have come to your servant.” “Very well,” they answered, “do as you say.”

There is a reference in Jude concerning the angels of Genesis 6 informing us they did more than simply visit earth from heaven like one visits a place when going on holiday for example but rather they abandoned their place in heaven and became something else.

Jude 1:6
And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.

The context of the Corinthian passage you quote is not about male/female relations but about mixing with unbelievers. Nothing to do with a husband having authority over his wife.

Unfortunately, your whole theory that only men can be called sons of God and women can only be called daughters of men is based on an error. God created both male and female. Eve was hid in Adam just as the Church is hid in Christ. At the right time she was taken out just as, at the right time, we will be taken out.

Colossians 3:3-4
3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
God created man and breathed the breath of life into that man. At that time, where was woman? She did not exist until God said it is not good for man to be alone.

God did not form man and then formed woman. What God did was made a woman for the man by taking “his” rib. Eve was created out of the man that God had already formed. This is why there is a distinction between the son of God and the daughters of men.

Now, man consists of male and female because He took from the man and made a female, 1 Corinthians 11:9 KJV. That’s why you have the scripture in Genesis 1:27 KJV. Yes, the entire race consists of male and female, but when a male child is born, he is born God’s creation, “man,” but when a female child is born she is born the daughter of men, because she came out of man, therefore woman is of man. Can you see that? 1 Corinthians 11:3 KJV, 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 KJV.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God created man and breathed the breath of life into that man. At that time, where was woman? She did not exist until God said it is not good for man to be alone.

God did not form man and then formed woman. What God did was made a woman for the man by taking “his” rib. Eve was created out of the man that God had already formed. This is why there is a distinction between the son of God and the daughters of men.

Now, man consists of male and female because He took from the man and made a female, 1 Corinthians 11:9 KJV. That’s why you have the scripture in Genesis 1:27 KJV. Yes, the entire race consists of male and female, but when a male child is born, he is born God’s creation, “man,” but when a female child is born she is born the daughter of men, because she came out of man, therefore woman is of man. Can you see that? 1 Corinthians 11:3 KJV, 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 KJV.
God built Eve's body from Adam's rib for the female soul He created in Gen.1:27. God did not create the female soul from Adam's rib. Different Hebrew words are used to describe the difference in what God was creating.

Reactions: GenemZ
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And sons of men. "Sons of God " are both men and women who are righteous.
Blessings
You’ve completely missed the point of the OP. You only responded to one line without consideration to anything else I said.

Righteous was not the issue, the issue is the question of creation in Genesis. The OP is referring to God’s creation in Genesis 6:2, where people think the sons of God are angels, that had relations with daughters of men which is a grave mistake. The sons of God are the men (of God’s creation) born after Adam who saw daughters of men. I was explaining who the sons of God were and who the daughters of men were.

For anyone who reads this, if you go all the way back through the lineage of Jesus, you will end up at creation where Adam is called the Son of God. This should clear up the issue that the sons of God in Genesis 6:2 are not angles. Luke 3:23-38 KJV.

The Bible is not hard to understand, people make it hard!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You’ve completely missed the point of the OP. You only responded to one line without consideration to the anything else I said.

Righteous was not the issue, the issue is the question of creation in Genesis. The OP is referring to God’s creation in Genesis 6:2, where people think the sons of God are angels, that had relations with daughters of men which is a greave mistake. The sons of God are the men (of God’s creation) born after Adam who saw daughters of men. I was explaining who the sons of God was and who the daughters of men were.

For anyone who reads this, if you go all the way back through the lineage of Jesus, you will end up at creation where Adam is called the Son of God. This should clear up the issue that the sons of God in Genesis 6:2 are not angles. Luke 3:23-37.

The Bible is not hard to understand, people make it hard!
I am passed that. I know sons of God are not angels. You have stated that God did not create woman because she is from Adam's rib so he is the creator.
Your words....

.....pretty outrageous claim. This is why I stress sons of God are both men and women. Your assumption is wildly inaccurate.
Sorry to be so harsh.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am passed that. I know sons of God are not angels. You have stated that God did not create woman because she is from Adam's rib so he is the creator.
Your words....

.....pretty outrageous claim. This is why I stress sons of God are both men and women. Your assumption is wildly inaccurate.
Sorry to be so harsh.
Was Adam created and then did God take Adam’s rib and make woman? If the answer to that question is yes, then woman was made from man.

So it’s correct to say sons of God is both man and woman, however you are not looking at the reason THE BIBLE is identifying sons of God and daughters of men in Genesis 6:4. That’s the question of distinction from the OP. You are missing that element.

Upvote 0