Genesis 6:1-4 and Jude 6&7 what do these passages mean? Why should we care?

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You say the book of Enoch is Occultic , but yet you refuse to provide any evidence that is true - so you make allegations with no intent to prove what you say - then you want people to believe you - that makes no sense at all
Since Jesus referred to the book of Enoch in a good way - you suppose that Jesus is Occultic ? based on your opinion it would seem so

Really?

Evidence has been shown to you, but I will be glad to do it again. IMO you are simply saying that because you have in fact been shown exactly what you are denying.

Here we go again.........in Enoch 40:9-10...........
40 of the Book of Enoch...
"I have seen and whose words I have heard and written down?’ And he said to me: ‘This first is Michael, the merciful and long-suffering: and the second, who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael: and the third, who is set over all the powers, is Gabriel: and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.’
10 And these are the four angels of the Lord of Spirits and the four voices I heard in those days."

Raphael is NOT found in the Bible anywhere but in Enoch he is said "to be who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael".

The word Occult means..............
The occult (from the Latin word occultus "clandestine, hidden, secret") is "knowledge of the hidden".[1] In common English usage, occult refers to "knowledge of the paranormal", as opposed to "knowledge of the measurable",

Now that being said, what would be YOUR understanding of verse #9 where Enoch says..............
"to be who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael".

If that is not the very definition of Occultic, then what is it??????

Now you wanted evidence, but you really don't. But once again consider.............
"and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.’

Now, again, allow me to define the word HERESY for you. According to Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, is “adherence to a religious opinion contrary to church dogma.” A second definition is “dissent or deviation from a dominant theory, opinion, or practice.”

Now then, when you read the words ...............
"and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.’

What do YOU think they mean???? I am telling you for about the 3rd time now that those words are HERESY and they are NOT FOUND IN THE BIBLE and neither is there a mention of another angel named PHANUEL!!!

Those two verses are EVIDENCE that the book of Enoch is Occultic and Heretical and they are also BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

The Bible never mentions an angel named Phanuel, let alone an angel who is set over the repentance of those who inherit eternal life. What blasphemy!

Those statementsn itself contradicts everything the Word of God teaches.

1st Timothy 2:5 says that Jesus Christ is the ONLY Mediator between God and men, not some angel named Phanuel... as read from 1 Timothy these words.....
"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

What else do you need to see than that? What would any Christian need to see other than that???

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is the part you are missing IMHO. All fallen angels are not chained or in hell. Only the ones that sinned. What was that sin? You say the rebellion but earlier you agree that fallen angels “did and still do” affect humans.

My brother you have just backed yourself into a corner. Chained fallen angels are not affecting anyone or the chains are meaningless. All fallen angels are not in chains, only the ones that committed this sin, which you deny.

I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying. Chained demons mean restricted and I agree with you. Evidently there are some fallen angels that are so bad that God in fact incarcerated them hence the word chains.

Of course not all fallen angels are chained. If I said that then it was in error.

We know from the Scriptures the story of the man oppressed by demons that Jesus commanded to leave him and they went into a bunch of pigs.

We also know from 1 Peter 5:8 ...........
"Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. "

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Really?

Evidence has been shown to you, but I will be glad to do it again. IMO you are simply saying that because you have in fact been shown exactly what you are denying.

"I have seen and whose words I have heard and written down?’ And he said to me: ‘This first is Michael, the merciful and long-suffering: and the second, who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael: and the third, who is set over all the powers, is Gabriel: and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.’
10 And these are the four angels of the Lord of Spirits and the four voices I heard in those days."

Raphael is NOT found in the Bible anywhere but in Enoch he is said "to be who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael".

The occult (from the Latin word occultus "clandestine, hidden, secret") is "knowledge of the hidden".[1] In common English usage, occult refers to "knowledge of the paranormal", as opposed to "knowledge of the measurable",

Now that being said, what would be YOUR understanding of verse #9 where Enoch says..............
"to be who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael".

Now you wanted evidence, but you really don't. But once again consider.............

Now, again, allow me to define the word HERESY for you. According to Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, is “adherence to a religious opinion contrary to church dogma.” A second definition is “dissent or deviation from a dominant theory, opinion, or practice.”

What do YOU think they mean???? I am telling you for about the 3rd time now that those words are HERESY and they are NOT FOUND IN THE BIBLE and neither is there a mention of another angel named PHANUEL!!!

Those two verses are EVIDENCE that the book of Enoch is Occultic and Heretical and they are also BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

The Bible never mentions an angel named Phanuel, let alone an angel who is set over the repentance of those who inherit eternal life. What blasphemy!

1st Timothy 2:5 says that Jesus Christ is the ONLY Mediator between God and men, not some angel named Phanuel... as read from 1 Timothy these words.....
"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

What else do you need to see than that? What would any Christian need to see other than that???
How many times will you REFUSE to acknowledge that just because you do not see the names of all angels in heaven named in scripture in no way proves you are coirrect
Again ALL you have done is give your opinionated view of how YOU see it and nothing more

Look closely at how the Bible verses say the same thing that the book of Enoch says and it was written thousands of years before the NT was written
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The elect shall possess light, joy and peace, and they shall inherit the earth. -Enoch 5:7 (6:9)
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. -Mat 5:5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That ye may be called the children of light -John_ 12:36
The good from the generation of light -Enoch 108:11 (105: 25)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. (John_ 4:14)
All the thirsty drank, and were filled with wisdom, having their habitation with the righteous, the elect, and the holy. -Enoch 48:1
Woe unto that man through whom the Son of man is betrayed! It had been good for that man if he had not been born.-(Mat. 26:24)
Where will the habitation of sinners be . . . who have rejected the Lord of spirits. It would have been better for them, had they never been born.-Enoch 38:2
In my Father's house are many mansions -John 14:2
In that day shall the Elect One sit upon a throne of glory, and shall choose their conditions and countless habitations. -Enoch 45:3
Woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. -Luke 6:24
Woe to you who are rich, for in your riches have you trusted; but from your riches you shall be removed. -Enoch 94:8 (93:7)
The elect shall possess light, joy and peace, and they shall inherit the earth. -Enoch 5:7 (6:9)
shall inherit everlasting life -Mat. 19:29
those who will inherit eternal life -Enoch 40:9
Ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. -Mat. 19:28
I will place each of them on a throne of glory -Enoch 108:12 (105:26)
between us and you there is a great gulf fixed. -Luke 16:26
by a chasm . . . [are] their souls are separated -Enoch 22: 9,11(22:10,12)
the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the son -John 5:22
the principal part of the judgment was assigned to him, the Son of man. -Enoch 69:27 (68:39)
Jude 1:14-15
"And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
"To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches, which ungodly sinners have spoken against him."

Enoch 1
9 And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of His holy ones

To execute judgement upon all,

And to destroy all the ungodly:

And to convict all flesh

Of all the works of their ungodliness which they have ungodly committed,

And of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.

chap 2
1 Observe ye everything that takes place in the heaven, how they do not change their orbits, and the luminaries which are in the heaven, how they all rise and set in order each in its season, and (2) transgress not against their appointed order. Behold ye the earth, and give heed to the things which take place upon it from first to last, how steadfast they are, how none of the things upon earth 3 change, but all the works of God appear to you. Behold the summer and the winter, how the whole earth is filled with water, and clouds and dew and rain lie upon it.

I bet that you think that hot dogs are occultic too :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really?

People 450-Feet Tall?

Are you really gullible enough to believe that fallen angels had physical intimacy with earthly women that produced offspring 450-feet tall? I don't think so! We read in chapter 7:12-15 of the Book of Enoch...

7:12 Whose stature was each three hundred cubits. These devoured all which the labor of men produced; until it became impossible to feed them;
7:13 When they turned themselves against men, in order to devour them;
7:14 And began to injure birds, beasts, reptiles, and fishes, to eat their flesh one after another, and to drink their blood.
7:15 Then the earth reproved the unrighteous.

A "cubit" is 1.5 feet. The ark which Noah built was 300 cubits long (Genesis 6:15). Do you mean to tell me that some women had children who were as tall as the ark was long? You've got to be joking! Such foolish conjecture is a violation of the simplest teachings of the Bible. In Genesis 6: we read, "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown." I think Pastor J. Vernon McGee interprets this Scripture exactly right...

The Book Of Enoch EXPOSED!

To add to some of what you have been saying in this thread, there is the above from an article on the web I found awhile back. If 450 foot giants don't convince someone that the book of Enoch is nonsensical, nothing probably will. If one lives in a big city, and that the typical height of each floor of a skyscraper is 10 feet, that would mean these giants were 45 stories tall. That's pretty tall. Imagine trying to feed someone that size. And then imagine if there were hundreds, even thousands, that same size. Imagine having to feed all of them.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
People 450-Feet Tall?
Ever hear of people who think that the rapture is a fairy tale , that people cannot possibly just disappear?
Ever hear of someone saying that a ship is 'a mile long' when in fact it is 1500 feet in length ?
the measurement is an ell - in Enoch .
I have found various lengths to fit the term as it varied depending on context -sometimes as in a slang use as in 'a mile long'

The bible speaks of dragons with seven heads , beasts coming out of the sea devouring nations, a dragon on earth seeking who he may devour .
The thing is that people will only perceive things in their own perspective
Some people think that God is not real - some think coming back to life means they have to come back as a cow or other life form
Some think that if they cannot find something that is referred by Christ or other biblical person in the canon of scripture that it doesn't exist
That shows only a perspective of a person

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
People 450-Feet Tall?

Are you really gullible enough to believe that fallen angels had physical intimacy with earthly women that produced offspring 450-feet tall? I don't think so! We read in chapter 7:12-15 of the Book of Enoch...

7:12 Whose stature was each three hundred cubits. These devoured all which the labor of men produced; until it became impossible to feed them;
7:13 When they turned themselves against men, in order to devour them;
7:14 And began to injure birds, beasts, reptiles, and fishes, to eat their flesh one after another, and to drink their blood.
7:15 Then the earth reproved the unrighteous.

A "cubit" is 1.5 feet. The ark which Noah built was 300 cubits long (Genesis 6:15). Do you mean to tell me that some women had children who were as tall as the ark was long? You've got to be joking! Such foolish conjecture is a violation of the simplest teachings of the Bible. In Genesis 6: we read, "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown." I think Pastor J. Vernon McGee interprets this Scripture exactly right...

The Book Of Enoch EXPOSED!

To add to some of what you have been saying in this thread, there is the above from an article on the web I found awhile back. If 450 foot giants don't convince someone that the book of Enoch is nonsensical, nothing probably will. If one lives in a big city, and that the typical height of each floor of a skyscraper is 10 feet, that would mean these giants were 45 stories tall. That's pretty tall. Imagine trying to feed someone that size. And then imagine if there were hundreds, even thousands, that same size. Imagine having to feed all of them.

Agreed!

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How many times will you REFUSE to acknowledge that just because you do not see the names of all angels in heaven named in scripture in no way proves you are coirrect
Again ALL you have done is give your opinionated view of how YOU see it and nothing more

Look closely at how the Bible verses say the same thing that the book of Enoch says and it was written thousands of years before the NT was written
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That ye may be called the children of light -John_ 12:36
The good from the generation of light -Enoch 108:11 (105: 25)
The water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. (John_ 4:14)
All the thirsty drank, and were filled with wisdom, having their habitation with the righteous, the elect, and the holy. -Enoch 48:1
Woe unto that man through whom the Son of man is betrayed! It had been good for that man if he had not been born.-(Mat. 26:24)
Where will the habitation of sinners be . . . who have rejected the Lord of spirits. It would have been better for them, had they never been born.-Enoch 38:2
In my Father's house are many mansions -John 14:2
In that day shall the Elect One sit upon a throne of glory, and shall choose their conditions and countless habitations. -Enoch 45:3
Woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. -Luke 6:24
Woe to you who are rich, for in your riches have you trusted; but from your riches you shall be removed. -Enoch 94:8 (93:7)
shall inherit everlasting life -Mat. 19:29
those who will inherit eternal life -Enoch 40:9
Ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. -Mat. 19:28
I will place each of them on a throne of glory -Enoch 108:12 (105:26)
between us and you there is a great gulf fixed. -Luke 16:26
by a chasm . . . [are] their souls are separated -Enoch 22: 9,11(22:10,12)
the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the son -John 5:22
the principal part of the judgment was assigned to him, the Son of man. -Enoch 69:27 (68:39)
Jude 1:14-15
"And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
"To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches, which ungodly sinners have spoken against him."

Enoch 1

And to convict all flesh

chap 2
1 Observe ye everything that takes place in the heaven, how they do not change their orbits, and the luminaries which are in the heaven, how they all rise and set in order each in its season, and (2) transgress not against their appointed order. Behold ye the earth, and give heed to the things which take place upon it from first to last, how steadfast they are, how none of the things upon earth 3 change, but all the works of God appear to you. Behold the summer and the winter, how the whole earth is filled with water, and clouds and dew and rain lie upon it.

I bet that you think that hot dogs are occultic too :)

Of course you just proved my point. YOU never wanted any evidence.
Even when show to you just as you asked....you rejected it.
YOU would not believe the Bible you surely will not believe anything anyone else says.

And NO! The verse you posted are not quotes from Enoch. Similar, yes, same NO!
Many of the supposed references are so vague that they could either be a reference to other works or else the similarity may simply be coincidental. They may not even be references to anything at all. That's why people such as yourself have to say that one is "similar to" the other.

In your case it is nothing but wishful thinking. The reason why the Apocrypha was rejected 2000 years ago is that the quotations and references to the Old Testament by Jesus and the NT writers provide strong evidence in favour of the Jewish canon (as in the Protestant Bible); whereas the absence of similar quotations to the apocrypha argues against the canonicity of these books.

Do the work my friend and study instead of watching Star Trek.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ever hear of people who think that the rapture is a fairy tale , that people cannot possibly just disappear?
Ever hear of someone saying that a ship is 'a mile long' when in fact it is 1500 feet in length ?
I have found various lengths to fit the term as it varied depending on context -sometimes as in a slang use as in 'a mile long'

The bible speaks of dragons with seven heads , beasts coming out of the sea devouring nations, a dragon on earth seeking who he may devour .
The thing is that people will only perceive things in their own perspective
Some people think that God is not real - some think coming back to life means they have to come back as a cow or other life form
Some think that if they cannot find something that is referred by Christ or other biblical person in the canon of scripture that it doesn't exist
That shows only a perspective of a person

Absolutely!

Have you ever heard people who laugh at the thought of a man being dead for 3 days walking out of a grave????

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Absolutely!

Have you ever heard people who laugh at the thought of a man being dead for 3 days walking out of a grave????
Sadly you only have conjecture and opinion and believe only what please your ears , you cannot acknowledge when you are wrong and simply avoid matters that show your error because you don't want to admit your falsehoods , you choose to have no clue because it defeats what you prefer ,
I did the work and you only have opinion and NO FACTS

I have the book of Enoch and posted directly from it - it is just that you choose to believe a lie

Enoch 1
1 The words of the blessing of Enoch, wherewith he blessed the elect and righteous, who will be 2 living in the day of tribulation, when all the wicked and godless are to be removed. And he took up his parable and said -Enoch a righteous man, whose eyes were opened by God, saw the vision of the Holy One in the heavens, which the angels showed me, and from them I heard everything, and from them I understood as I saw, but not for this generation, but for a remote one which is 3 for to come. Concerning the elect I said, and took up my parable concerning them:

The Holy Great One will come forth from His dwelling,

4 And the eternal God will tread upon the earth, (even) on Mount Sinai,

[And appear from His camp]

And appear in the strength of His might from the heaven of heavens.

5 And all shall be smitten with fear

And the Watchers shall quake,

And great fear and trembling shall seize them unto the ends of the earth.

6 And the high mountains shall be shaken,

And the high hills shall be made low,

And shall melt like wax before the flame

7 And the earth shall be wholly rent in sunder,

And all that is upon the earth shall perish,

And there shall be a judgement upon all (men).

8 But with the righteous He will make peace.

And will protect the elect,

And mercy shall be upon them.

And they shall all belong to God,

And they shall be prospered,

And they shall all be blessed.

And He will help them all,

And light shall appear unto them,

And He will make peace with them'.

And to convict all flesh

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You call that Occultic , you my friend are deceived only because you choose to be

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Genesis 6:15 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

Would the same apply here then? And if not, why would it apply to the book of Enoch and not here as well? Both are very specific about the measurements in mind.

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Genesis 6:15 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

Would the same apply here then? And if not, why would it apply to the book of Enoch and not here as well? Both are very specific about the measurements in mind.
As I told you it has been found that it has been used in VARIOUS measurements -as in like sometimes as accurate and sometimes as in a symbolic manner as in I gave you examples , did you not read or understand ? Is there a 7 headed beast that is made of flesh and blood ? When a person finds a scripture they just don't accept in the bible , you think they should just ignore the whole bible ?

Smokers may gauge how long something takes to do based on how long it takes to smoke 4 cigs , one person may inhale it in 60 seconds and another may take 10 minutes

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sadly you only have conjecture and opinion and believe only what please your ears , you cannot acknowledge when you are wrong and simply avoid matters that show your error because you don't want to admit your falsehoods , you choose to have no clue because it defeats what you prefer ,
I did the work and you only have opinion and NO FACTS

I have the book of Enoch and posted directly from it - it is just that you choose to believe a lie

Enoch 1
1 The words of the blessing of Enoch, wherewith he blessed the elect and righteous, who will be 2 living in the day of tribulation, when all the wicked and godless are to be removed. And he took up his parable and said -Enoch a righteous man, whose eyes were opened by God, saw the vision of the Holy One in the heavens, which the angels showed me, and from them I heard everything, and from them I understood as I saw, but not for this generation, but for a remote one which is 3 for to come. Concerning the elect I said, and took up my parable concerning them:

The Holy Great One will come forth from His dwelling,

4 And the eternal God will tread upon the earth, (even) on Mount Sinai,

[And appear from His camp]

And appear in the strength of His might from the heaven of heavens.

5 And all shall be smitten with fear

And the Watchers shall quake,

And great fear and trembling shall seize them unto the ends of the earth.

6 And the high mountains shall be shaken,

And the high hills shall be made low,

And shall melt like wax before the flame

7 And the earth shall be wholly rent in sunder,

And all that is upon the earth shall perish,

And there shall be a judgement upon all (men).

8 But with the righteous He will make peace.

And will protect the elect,

And mercy shall be upon them.

And they shall all belong to God,

And they shall be prospered,

And they shall all be blessed.

And He will help them all,

And light shall appear unto them,

And He will make peace with them'.

And to convict all flesh

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You call that Occultic , you my friend are deceived only because you choose to be

This thread is NOT about the book of Enoch.

Why don't you start your own thread about who believes or who does not believe or accepts would be a better word OVER the actual Bible.

As for me, I am done with this argument as you are just saying the same thing over and over again.

LETS MOVE ON!

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When a person finds a scripture they just don't accept in the bible , you think they should just ignore the whole bible ?

What does that have to do with the book of Enoch though? It's what is written in the book of Enoch that some of us are not wanting to accept. You can't apply what you said above to that. To do so would be be claiming the book of Enoch is part of the Bible as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This thread is NOT about the book of Enoch.

Why don't you start your own thread about who believes or who does not believe or accepts would be a better word OVER the actual Bible.

As for me, I am done with this argument as you are just saying the same thing over and over again.

LETS MOVE ON!
You have been arguing what you believe is true , and simply can't prove what you say .
I made it obvious that by repeating what you claim is nothing more than your opinion , you may have your opinion but when you want to make claims you are expected to show more than just your opinion , which you have no evidence but merely opinion and conjecture

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What does that have to do with the book of Enoch though? It's what is written in the book of Enoch that some of us are not wanting to accept. You can't apply what you said above to that. To do so would be be claiming the book of Enoch is Bible as well.
Point is that you are supposing that because you find a measurement that does not fit , that the whole book is not valid and some people make the same claim of the bible
so you should understand that , just because there are things you are not wanting to accept - only means just that -things you are not wanting to accept. Some people do not accept the bible and by using your level of understanding that would make the bible not worth reading simply because someone found a scripture they did not want to accept
Enoch is in the canon of some Christian doctrines - just because you do not accept it does not mean anything more than you don't accept it -Simple :)

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Point is that you are supposing that because you find a measurement that does not fit , that the whole book is not valid and some people make the same claim of the bible
so you should understand that , just because there are things you are not wanting to accept - only means just that -things you are not wanting to accept. Some people do not accept the bible and by using your level of understanding that would make the bible not worth reading simply because someone found a scripture they did not want to accept
Enoch is in the canon of some Christian doctrines - just because you do not accept it does not mean anything more than you don't accept it -Simple :)

Don't show then Amos 2:9 where the Lord says He destroyed the Amorites and described them as being as tall as the cedar trees, which in that area grows from 80 to 120 feet tall.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You have been arguing what you believe is true , and simply can't prove what you say .
I made it obvious that by repeating what you claim is nothing more than your opinion , you may have your opinion but when you want to make claims you are expected to show more than just your opinion , which you have no evidence but merely opinion and conjecture

OK my brother. You win the contest. Game over! I do not have the patience to deal with your reasoning.

Everything I posted from the book of Enoch was made up. I made it all up all by myself.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You said...............
"The names of Jannes and Jambres aren't recorded in scripture either".

Then what is this in 2 Timothy 3:8 ..........
"Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men corrupted in mind and disqualified regarding the faith.

You said they were not recorded in Scripture but low and behold, there they are!!!!!

That does not do much to support your credibility my friend.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What does that have to do with the book of Enoch though? It's what is written in the book of Enoch that some of us are not wanting to accept. You can't apply what you said above to that. To do so would be be claiming the book of Enoch is part of the Bible as well.

You are correct but it does not matter to our friend. He has more faith in the book of Enoch that he does the Bible AND right there is the problem we who are Bible believers are having with what he is saying.

Upvote 0