Genesis 6:1-4 and Jude 6&7 what do these passages mean? Why should we care?

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

As you said.............."STOP WASTING MY TIME".

you SAID THAT MY FRIEND AND I OBEYED YOUR REQIEST.

Of course we all know that no one can lie on the internet or post false pictures of statues or fabricated things.

It reminds me of "Big Foot".

Everybody knows that they exist.
Everybody has seen one.
Everybody has a picture of one.

But the truth is that not one single Bib Foot have ever been found.
Not one single skeleton has been found.

That tells us 3 things...........
1). Big Foot never die.
2). They bury their dead so far under the ground that no one can dig them up.
3). They eat their dead, bones and all.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I did I was agreeing with him.:wave:

That is OK with me. As I said to him, I really am not at all. If you only knew me better, or knew my friends and family, right now you would be rolling in the floor at what they would tell you.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟94,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
You don't know. Ok. Fine.

Anyone else want to take a crack at it?

Angels don't marry, period.
Matthew 22:30
For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Without a doubt this is true. I cannot imagine angels meeting and talking without a name involved;

"I'm angel number 1,347.841. What's your number?"

Not me.

I am a child of God and the Bible says that we will be higher than angels.

1 Corth. 6:3...........
"Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more matters of this life?

Some day those who believe in Jesus Christ and follow Him will judge the angels. The saints of the ages will judge the angels. This will occur not while we are made of flesh and bone. It will occur only after we receive new heavenly bodies. This is a future event that will occur after we have become joint-heirs with Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟105,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is correct my friend. Never have and never will for the Bible reason I have already given.

It seems to me that there was a conflict involving the Kings of Persia and heavenly help was needed.

Is that any different from we all go through today?

"But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me 121 days and Michael came to help me.....".

Does that say that the Price of Persia was a demon? It certainly could be. Could it also be a King of a kingdom, a human, that is also possible.
In the original according to Strong's.........
the word rendered “prince” - שׂר s'ar - means, properly, a leader, commander, chief, as of troops, of a king‘s body-guard; of cup-bearers; of a prison, of a flock.
Then it means a prince, a noble, a chief in the state.

If in the phrase “Prince of princes,” it refers to God. So far as the word is concerned in the phrase “prince of the kingdom of Persia,” it might refer to a prince ruling over that kingdom, or to a prime minister of the state; but the language also is such that it is applicable to an angelic being supposed to preside over a state, or to influence its counsels.

WHAT it does NOT SAY it that it is a FALLEN DEMON having SEX with a human.

Could you come up with a “prince” over a county that would require two angels of God to overcome? I don’t think so.

Could you come up with a “prince” over some country that could withstand an angel of God 21 days? Maybe rocket man from North Korea???

But seriously you have revealed the root of our disagreement. I believe angels both good and fallen are still active today, as well as demons (not fallen angels). I believe there is a spiritual realm we cannot see with our eyes unless God allows it to be so. I also believe this is all throughout the scriptures for everyone to see that do not use the theological scalpel to cut the supernatural out of their bibles. That is just my opinion, but a Biblically based one I can defend.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
You could even go back to Josephus. He talks about their bones being on display even in his day.

B1, Ch3 - Whereby they made God to be their enemy. For many Angels of God accompanied with women, and begat sons that proved unjust, and despisers of all that was good; on account of the confidence they had in their own strength. For the tradition is, that these men did what resembled the acts of those whom the Grecians call Giants.

B1, Ch 9 - These Kings had laid waste all Syria, and overthrown the offspring of the Giants.

B5, Ch 2 - There were till then left the race of giants; who had bodies so large, and countenances so intirely different from other men, that they were surprising to the sight, and terrible to the hearing. The bones of these men are still shewn to this very day; unlike to any credible relations of other men.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Angels don't marry, period.
Matthew 22:30
For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Did you understand my point? Jesus told the Sadducees they didn't know this because they didn't know the scriptures in that matter. My point is what scriptures specifically was Jesus telling them they didn't understand?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
As you said.............."STOP WASTING MY TIME".

you SAID THAT MY FRIEND AND I OBEYED YOUR REQIEST.

Of course we all know that no one can lie on the internet or post false pictures of statues or fabricated things.

It reminds me of "Big Foot".

Everybody knows that they exist.
Everybody has seen one.
Everybody has a picture of one.

But the truth is that not one single Bib Foot have ever been found.
Not one single skeleton has been found.

That tells us 3 things...........
1). Big Foot never die.
2). They bury their dead so far under the ground that no one can dig them up.
3). They eat their dead, bones and all.

You didn't even bother. I'm not the least bit surprised.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sorry, but you skipped right over my request and went into your diatribe.

I'll ask again. When Jesus said they didn't know we would be like the angels in heaven, neither marrying nor given in marriage, He said it was partly because they didn't know the scriptures.

Please show me in the scriptures where Jesus was referencing when He cited His reason.
Maybe ?
Enoch 15
But you were formerly spiritual, living the eternal life, and immortal for all generations of the world. And therefore I have not appointed wives for you; for as for the spiritual ones of the heaven, in heaven is their dwelling.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Maybe ?
Enoch 15
But you were formerly spiritual, living the eternal life, and immortal for all generations of the world. And therefore I have not appointed wives for you; for as for the spiritual ones of the heaven, in heaven is their dwelling.

Winner, winner! Chicken dinner!

The reason I bring that up is because Jesus refers to that knowledge as coming from 'scripture'. And that's a tough pill for a lot of people to swallow these days. It took me a while as well until I decided to take an objective approach as opposed to the learned negative response. It's funny, when reading that book, it seems to contain quite a few things Jesus references in the gospels. Jesus certainly understood the book of Enoch quite well.

Sometimes I wonder if the book hadn't been sealed and removed from the understanding of most, based on it's intended audience...

This the angels showed me. From them I heard all things, and understood what I saw; that which will not take place in this generation, but in a generation which is to succeed at a distant period, on account of the elect.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Of course, it would all depend of what a "cubic: is wouldn't it. I would suppose that we could agree on 10 foot.
as far as I know, no one has discovered fossil evidence of giant humans. Since man has dug up bones of everything else that dates back millions of years, it just seems to me that one would have found a giant by now.

So far, no concrete evidence of these claims has been brought forth. Although some claim the evidence was ignored, destroyed, or hidden by places like the Smithsonian, it
Cubic? do you mean cubit which is approx 18 inches typically from the elbow to tip of finger
There is evidence of giants skeletal remains , reports of these remains were common in the years before 18th century , the agency called the Entity from the vatican has been buying or doing anything they can to gain possession of as many of these remains as they can , IF you did any research of real evidence you would gave found out about these things - but you bias won't let you believe anything that is not in your opinion , so you choose not to look for evidence

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Winner, winner! Chicken dinner!

The reason I bring that up is because Jesus refers to that knowledge as coming from 'scripture'. And that's a tough pill for a lot of people to swallow these days. It took me a while as well until I decided to take an objective approach as opposed to the learned negative response. It's funny, when reading that book, it seems to contain quite a few things Jesus references in the gospels. Jesus certainly understood the book of Enoch quite well.

Sometimes I wonder if the book hadn't been sealed and removed from the understanding of most, based on it's intended audience...

This the angels showed me. From them I heard all things, and understood what I saw; that which will not take place in this generation, but in a generation which is to succeed at a distant period, on account of the elect.
From what I have read , there are canon versions that do include Enoch , I tend to believe some people don't want to hear of it is because it brings to the forefront matters they don't want to face , just as when I discuss end times and Revelation -Man of Lawlessness some people don't want to talk about it because it scares them to think about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Cubic? do you mean cubit which is approx 18 inches typically from the elbow to tip of finger
There is evidence of giants skeletal remains , reports of these remains were common in the years before 18th century , the agency called the Entity from the vatican has been buying or doing anything they can to gain possession of as many of these remains as they can , IF you did any research of real evidence you would gave found out about these things - but you bias won't let you believe anything that is not in your opinion , so you choose not to look for evidence
oops.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Now YOU know that is not true.

There has not been ONE SINGLE Giant fossil discovered.

I am not insisting that because of that there were none because the Scriptures say that there was.

I actually do NOT have to do any research as I am not the one who is insisting of their existence.
I think it is up to you to prove what YOU believe and not up to me to disprove what you believe.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From what I have read , there are canon versions that do include Enoch , I tend to believe some people don't want to hear of it is because it brings to the forefront matters they don't want to face , just as when I discuss end times and Revelation -Man of Lawlessness some people don't want to talk about it because it scares them to think about it.

Not the case brother. The Book of Enoch was rejected 2000 years ago by our church fathers and actual the Jews and Jesus Himself..
It is Occultic and it is full of non-Biblical comments.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
WHY are you still posting to me????

I am finished wasting your time.

Have a great New Year my friend.

The 'wasting time' was in reference to your long diatribes concerning skirting around my simple question. I'm not wasting any more time concerning that question with you, because you refused to answer it. I've moved on from that particular topic.

Upvote 0