Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just do as you told them you would do - just be their friends - you don't have to agree with what they do - you hate the sin and not the sinner. I have had gay friends and you can just witness to them the Joy of the Lord.

They will want to talk to you all the time about their situation - they are looking for approval - just be their friend, don't look down at them and stand firm in your beliefs.

Upvote 0

banish'd

Shekinah Glory
Feb 6, 2010
San Francisco
✟15,776.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My brother, who was only 1-1/2 years younger than I am, was gay. There was a problem with us being friends. He was my brother and I loved him, but we were not friends. I had my life, and he had his life.

My brother and his entire group of friends died from AIDS. One by one, they died. However, they cared for one another as they died, and made one another benifeciaries to thier life insurance policys.

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have had several friends die of aids and cousins also who were gay - but it is their choice and there is nothing that can be done until they see the light of what their lifestyle does to them. Just pray for them and be there if they need you to talk to.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
My brother, who was only 1-1/2 years younger than I am, was gay. There was a problem with us being friends. He was my brother and I loved him, but we were not friends. I had my life, and he had his life.

My brother and his entire group of friends died from AIDS. One by one, they died. However, they cared for one another as they died, and made one another benifeciaries to thier life insurance policys.

Thats a beautiful story.

Upvote 0

childofGod31

May 13, 2006
✟17,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Recently I found out that two of my bestest friends (both girls) are dating. They're pretty serious about it, though I'm pretty sure they're not having sex. I already told them I don't understand completely, but I'd still be their friend. What should I do? :lost:
Well, would you be friends with someone who has has different boyfriends at different times and has slept with all of them? This is considered adultery (since the first person you sleep with is considered your husband by moral law). I would say that you probably would still be friends with them.

Would you be friends with someone who is cheating on their tests or their taxes? Probably would. (even though they sin)

Would you be friends with someone who divorced their wife and married another? (it's considered adultery in the Bible). Probably would.

So why not be friends with homosexual people? (If you believe that being gay is a sin).

How are they different from any other sinner? (Again, if you believe that being homosexual is a sin)

I think to treat gay people differently from other people is Christian racism. We are to treat all sinners equally - with love and compassion.

(Again, this is if you believe that they are sinners, from that point of view.)

The Bible says to love even your enemies.

Some Christians teach to treat homosexuals with contempt. I think they have been misled by their own racial prejudices which live inside of them, either naturally, or cultured through someone's teachings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Recently I found out that two of my bestest friends (both girls) are dating. They're pretty serious about it, though I'm pretty sure they're not having sex. I already told them I don't understand completely, but I'd still be their friend. What should I do? :lost:
There is no reason not to be friends with them. You will find a huge division among Christians on the issue of homosexuality. Even if you personally disagree with it, that shouldn't affect your friendship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

singpeace

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
U.S.
✟40,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Wonder what Jesus would think of that attitude?

And since when did the Roman Catholic Church have pastors?

I agree. Here is a home-spun parable.

There was a gay man that had been a Christian for 10 minutes. However, there was one sin he never once committed. He had managed to live his whole life without ever once stealing. To him, it was unthinkable.
There was also a Pastor that had served God since childhood. He regularly ate grapes while shopping in the grocery store before he paid for them. The one sin he never once committed was a homosexual act.

Which one is greater than the other? Neither. We are all guilty. We who are in Christ are all made free.

James 2:8-10
8. Yes indeed, it is good when you obey the royal law as found in the Scriptures: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
9. But if you favor some people over others, you are committing a sin. You are guilty of breaking the law.
10. For the person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God’s laws.

Glory to God for his saving grace. I was lost, now I am found.

Upvote 0

lordworshipper

Free minded rational believer
Sep 7, 2009
America
✟15,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You shouldn't be in contact with people who has taken sides with the devil!! save yourself!!
Have they taken sides with the devil? Unless I missed something, their beliefs were never mentioned.

Where do I stand on this, with the best opinion in the universe:
"love your neighbor"
"He who is without sin, cast the first stone"
"love your enemy" (though this is to homophobes, not necessarily to you)
"all have fallen short of the glory of God"

:preach::amen:

Upvote 0

Rick Kirkham

New Relationship
Sep 1, 2010
Honolulu, HI
Visit site
✟15,162.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have they taken sides with the devil? Unless I missed something, their beliefs were never mentioned.

Where do I stand on this, with the best opinion in the universe:
"love your neighbor"
"He who is without sin, cast the first stone"
"love your enemy" (though this is to homophobes, not necessarily to you)
"all have fallen short of the glory of God"

:preach::amen:

I agree 100% It is not our place to judge

Rick

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.