Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have been labeled a preterist by cf because I say the second coming was in 312 AD when the sign of the Son of Man appeared in the clouds, and Jesus came into power through St. Constantine who rode a white horse and conquered with a bow. And he sent his messengers with a trumpet and gathered the elect of all the Church together, to Nicea.
If Jesus came back then the world would be destroyed by know.
The prophecy in Revelations shows NO ARROWS, so Constantine couldn't have fulfilled it
The second coming is the coming of the sign of the Son of Man in the clouds coupled with Jesus coming into power (through St Constantine who rode a white horse and conquered with a bow).
You are so ridiculous in saying the first horseman conquered with a bow and no arrows. That is impossible.
Did "St." Constantine conquer with a bow, but no arrows? The prophecy states that the white horse rider had a bow but no arrows. In prophecy, everything is in symbols. It doesn't mean that some one will be on a LITERAL white horse with a LITERAL bow. Animals in prophecy throughout the entire Bible always represent a power. Besides, this was just the first seal (I believe) there were still 6 left, so it couldn't have been the coming of the Son of Man
LOL. What good is a bow with no arrows? Of course the first horseman (St. Constantine) used arrows!
The Revelation can only be opened by the second coming of Jesus, which was in 312AD.
Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

It makes no reference to arrows. Your idea of the second coming of Christ is warped
The only purpose for a bow is to shoot arrows. Your idea of a bow without arrows is warped. Constantine is the only logical candidate for the first horseman largely because bows and arrows are no longer used in warfare.
A bow is also used to play violins and other stringed instruments.

Why would Constantine be an archer in his own army?

That's silly.
You can't conquer with a violin bow. Now that's silly.
Yeah.
I guess you would have to be one tough dude to conquer with a violin bow.
That is pretty silly.
I'm trying to think of what in the world any of this has to do with preterism -- oh yeah - there are 312 AD preterists - "Constantine Preterists" - bow-huntin' preterists...
The second coming was in 312AD when the sign of the Son of Man appeared in the clouds, and Jesus came into power through St. Constantine who rode a white horse and conquered with a bow.. The day the sign appeared is known as the turning point of history because ever since that day, Christian nations have been the dominant force on earth. And Constantine sent his messengers with a trumpet, and gathered the elect of all the Church together, to Nicea.
Bow and arrows.
One of the funniest dialogues I have ever seen on CF.....^_^
But could Constantine do this?

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
the little boy might be antichrist material; but the guy who tossed the target had to be precise as well
I would like to try that and throwing a spear from a horse driven chariot, such as what was shown in the movie "Gladiator"

Isaiah 2:7
Their land is also full of silver and gold, And there is no end to their treasures;
Their land is also full of horses, And there is no end to their chariots.

Nah 2:3
The shields of his mighty men are made red, The valiant men are in scarlet.
The chariots come with flaming torches
In the day of his preparation, And the spears are brandished.[fn]

Revelation 13:10
He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity;
he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword.
Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Revelation 18:
12 “merchandise of gold and silver, precious stones and pearls, fine linen and purple, silk and scarlet,..................
13 “and cinnamon and incense, fragrant oil and frankincense, wine and oil, fine flour and wheat, cattle and sheep, horses and chariots, and bodies and souls of men.

Ezekiel 39:9
“Then those who dwell in the cities of Israel will go out and set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and bucklers, the bows and arrows, the javelins and spears;
and they will make fires with them for seven years.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have a question for you all: is there a difference between "covenant eschatology" and "full preterist" belief framework (I don't even know if that's a correct phrase - I have a LOT to learn still)? I thought I'd read that there is....but I'm unsure of the distinction.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have a question for you all: is there a difference between "covenant eschatology" and "full preterist" belief framework (I don't even know if that's a correct phrase - I have a LOT to learn still)? I thought I'd read that there is....but I'm unsure of the distinction.
Hello.
I would highly recommend an very in-debth study on the Covenantle parable of the Rich-man and Lazarus in Luke 16.

http://www.herealittletherealittle.net/index.cfm?page_name=Lazarus
LAZARUS AND THE RICH MAN

The parable of Lazarus and the rich man has been the foundation for many of the erroneous beliefs about "hell" within traditional Christianity. Some have viewed it not as a parable, but as a true story Yeshua told to give details about the punishment of sinners in hell. Yet a thorough, unbiased examination of this story will show that the generally accepted interpretations of this passage of Scripture are erroneous and misleading. In this article, we will go through the parable verse by verse to determine what the Messiah was truly teaching.

Those who insist that this is not a parable but a true, literal story Yeshua told to describe the condition of the lost in hell must overlook several facts to arrive at that conclusion. First, Yeshua the Messiah never accuses the rich man of any sin. He is simply portrayed as a wealthy man who lived the good life. Furthermore, Lazarus is never proclaimed to be a righteous man. He is just one who had the misfortune to be poor and unable to care for himself. If this story is literal, then the logical implication is that all the rich are destined to burn in hell, while all the homeless and destitute will be saved. Does anyone believe this to be the case?
http://www.kingdombiblestudies.org/abraham/abrahams_bosom.htm
THE PARABLE

The story of the rich man and Lazarus is without doubt one of the most misunderstood of all the stories in the Bible. Is it a parable, or an actual statement of facts concerning life beyond the grave? It is strenuously denied by most evangelists that this story, as told by Christ, could be a parable. They hold that this is not a parable because it starts out in narrative form. It is argued, because it reads, “There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day,” that Christ is speaking here of an actual incident that took place. But in the parable of the prodigal son, in the fifteenth chapter of Luke, the narrative introduction is found also, for it says, “A certain man had two sons...” Yet it is generally conceded that the story of the prodigal son is a parable and all the fundamentalist preachers love to preach from its beautiful figures, thus applying it as a parable.
The "CROSS" is in between the NC ministry of Life and Grace and the OC is of Death and the Grave/Hades. The 2 Women in Revelation appear to symbolize those, at least to me and why I am what you would call a "New Covenantle Preterist" [did I just come up with a new label?]. :idea:

The parable mentions 3 of the most important people of the Bible besides God/Jesus of course,

Abraham
[Faith], Moses [Law/Death/Grave-Hades] and Lazarus[Faith/Resurrection/Life]

I am currently doing a doing a verse by verse study and translation of that parable and sync it with both the OT and the rest of the NT.

Here is a post that is what I come up with in just verse 19. Thoughts?

Steve aka LLoJ

https://www.christianforums.com/thr...-a-universalism.8070242/page-71#post-73167711

Did you notice that a lot of the words used in the parable of the rich man and Larzarus in Luke 16 are used in Revelation, particularly, the great City in Revelation 18?

Luke 16:
19 Yet a certain<5100> Man was rich<4145> and in-slipped/enedidusketo <1737> (5710) purple<4209> and fine-linen<1040> making-merry<2165> according to a-day shiningly<2988>
20 Yet a certain poor-one<4434> was to name lazarus who had been cast toward the gate/pulwna <4440> of him having sores-abiding

Revelation 3:17
“Because thou say, I am being rich<4145>, and have become rich<4147>, and have need of nothing'—
and do not know that thou are wretched, miserable, poor<4434>, blind, and naked—

Revelation 18:
16 “and saying, ‘Alas, alas, that great City that was clothed in fine linen<1039>, purple<4209>, and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls!

20 “Make merry<2165> over Her, O heaven, and you saints and apostles and prophets,
because God has judged for you the judgment against Her.”

Exodus 26:1
“Moreover you shall make the Tabernacle with ten curtains of fine woven linen, and blue, purple, and scarlet thread; with artistic designs of cherubim you shall weave them.

1Colossians 3:16
have ye not known that ye are a Sanctuary of God, and the Spirit of God doth dwell in you?

Check out this link on my study of the Sanctuary in Revelation:

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/new-house-new-stones.8078685/#post-73154159

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Will do. Thanks again :)
:liturgy:
I have a lot of threads on it.

[I like the one at the link below, because it gave me a chance to post one of my favorite "Covenantle" cartoons :)]
Luke 3:8 [Matthew 3:9]
“Therefore bear fruits in keeping with repentance, and do not begin to say [fn]to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham for our father,' for I am saying to ye, that from these stones God is able to raise up children to Abraham.
Luke 16:29

"Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets;
let them hear them.' "
John 5:45
"Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses youMoses, in whom you trust. 46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote about me. 47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?"
https://www.christianforums.com/thr...rus-most-misunderstood-parable-in-nt.8023004/
Rich Man and Lazarus most misunderstood parable in NT?

1417505568-Fishing-Best-Demotivational-Posters.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hahaha....I love that cartoon :D
Funny cartoon. Lol
Yeah, I had forgotten all about that one ^_^

I would put Jesus in the middle of them and make a caption saying something like "boys! boys! behave yerselves!

Speaking of which, I just remembered Moses being at one of the greatest events in the NT, the transfiguration. I wonder why Abraham wasn't there?

Anyway, I noticed the word "tabernacles" used and never really thought about it that much and decided to look it up.
[This word deserves a more in depth study the more I look at it, as it is akin to "booths" in the OT, #H4908]
An oodle of variations of #4633....egads!

4631. skeue skyoo-ay' from 4632; furniture, i.e. spare tackle:--tackling.
4632. skeuos skyoo'-os of uncertain affinity; a vessel, implement, equipment or apparatus (literally or figuratively (specially, a wife as contributing to the usefulness of the husband)):--goods, sail, stuff, vessel.
4633. skene skay-nay' apparently akin to 4632 and 4639;
a tent or cloth hut (literally or figuratively):--habitation, tabernacle.
4634. skenopegia skay-nop-ayg-ee'-ah from 4636 and 4078; the Festival of Tabernacles (so called from the custom of erecting booths for temporary homes):--tabernacles.
4635. skenopoios skay-nop-oy-os' from 4633 and 4160; a manufacturer of tents:--tent-maker.
4636. skenos skay'-nos from 4633; a hut or temporary residence, i.e. (figuratively) the human body (as the abode of the spirit):--tabernacle.
4637. skenoo skay-no'-o from 4636; to tent or encamp, i.e. (figuratively) to occupy (as a mansion) or (specially), to reside (as God did in the Tabernacle of old, a symbol of protection and communion):-- dwell.
4638. skenoma skay'-no-mah from 4637; an encampment, i.e. (figuratively) the Temple (as God's residence), the body (as a tenement for the soul):-- tabernacle.

It is used in only 4 verses of the Gospels,
3 in Acts, 10 times in Hebrews and 3 times in Revelation..

Matthew 17:4
Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, let us[fn] make here three tabernacles/booths<4633>:
one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”
Mark 9:5
And Peter answered and said to Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles/booths<4633>
one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
Luke 9:33
And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, "Master! it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles/booths<4633>
one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said.
Luke 16:9
and I say to you, Make to yourselves friends out of the mammon of unrighteousness,
that when ye may fail, they may receive you to the age-during<166> tabernacles<4633>.

Now look at Revelation 21:3 and Ezekiel 37:27. AWSESOME!

Revelation 21:3
and I heard a great voice out of the heaven, saying, 'Behold! the tabernacle/booth<4633> of God is with men,
and He shall be tabernacling/boothing<4637> with them,
and they shall be His peoples,
and God Himself shall be with them -- their God,

Ezekiel 37:27:
And My tabernacle<4908> hath been over them,
And I have been to them for God, And they have been to Me for a people.

4908 mishkan mish-kawn' from 7931;
a residence (including a shepherd's hut, the lair of animals, figuratively, the grave; also the Temple); specifically, the Tabernacle (properly, its wooden walls):--dwelleth, dwelling (place), habitation, tabernacle, tent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I found a thread that I created on it but it was under "booths"....over 10 yrs ago!!!!!

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/the-word-booth-in-nt-nc.6728727/
The word "booth" in NT/NC
Jan 14, 2008
I was studying on Zech 14 where all will be celebrating th Feast of Booths [zech 14:18].

Does this imply that at the end of the Age, all the world will be celebrating it or just those in Israel or all those In Christ.

According to the Greek, the word #4637 symbolizes "booths", as in the temporary dwellings the Hebrew Israelites had to live in so why do not english translations use that word?

I also found it interesting that particular word is used for the Holy of Holies in Hebrew 9:3. Just curious. Peace.

http://www.scripture4all.org/

Leviticus 23:42 `In booths/05521 cukkah ye dwell seven days; all who are natives in Israel dwell in booths/05521 cukkah,

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and booths/eskhnwsen <4637> (5656) IN US, and we esteem the glory of Him, glory as an Only-begotten beside Father, full of grace and truth

John 7:2 It was yet nigh the feast of the Judeans the booth-fastening/skhnophgia <4634>.

Hebrew 9:3 After yet the second veil, a booth/skhnh <4633>, the one being said holy of holies.

Revelation 21:3 and I hear a voice, great, out of the heaven, saying, `Behold!, the booth/skhnh <4633> of the God with the men, and He shall be boothing/skhnwsei <4637> (5692) with them.
And they, peoples of Him shall be, and He, the God/YHWH, is with them

http://www.jewfaq.org/holiday5.htm

The Hebrew word "sukkah" (plural: "sukkot") refers to the temporary Booths that people lived in, not to the Tabernacle.

Zechariah 14:18 And if family of Egypt not she shall go up, and not she comes, and not on them shall become the smiting which YHWH shall smite the nations, which not they shall go up to celebrate celebration of the booths/05521 cukkah.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I believe I found a connection concerning image and denarius here.
Will make a separate thread on it. Pretty interesting

1504. eikon εἰκών (eikōn)from 1503;
a likeness, i.e. (literally) statue, profile, or (figuratively) representation, resemblance:--image.
1923. epi-graphe ἐπι-γράφω (epi-graphō) from 1924; an inscription:--superscription.

Image/Denarius/Caesar in the NT:

Matthew 22
18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, "why make ye trial of Me, ye hypocrites?
19 Show me the tribute money". And they brought unto Him a denarius.
20 And He saith unto them, "whose is this image<1504> and inscription<1923>?"
21 They say unto Him, "Caesar's".............

Mark 12
15 "Shall we give, or shall we not give?" But He, knowing their hypocrisy, said unto them,
"why make ye trial of Me? Bring me a denarius, that I may see it".
16 And they brought it. And He saith unto them, "whose is this image<1504> and inscription<1923>?"
And they said unto him, "Caesar's".

Exact form of #1504 used only in one verse of Revelation, Revelation 13:15 [one in bold is the exact word form]

Revelation 13:15
and there was given to it to give a spirit/breath to the image<1504> of the beast, that also the image<1504> of the beast may speak,
and that it may cause as many as shall not bow before the image<1504> of the beast, that they may be killed.

Luke 20
23 But He perceived their craftiness, and said unto them,
24 "Show Me a denarius. Whose image<1504> and inscription1923> hath it?" And they said, "Caesar's".

Exact word form used in:
Revelation 13:14 Revelation 14:9,11 Revelation 16:2 Revelation 20:4

Denarius used 1 time in Revelation:

Revelation 6:6
And I hear a voice in midst of the four living-ones saying: "choinex of grain/wheat a denarius and three choinex of barleys a denarius, and the oil and the wine no you should be injuring".

Exact word form used in 2 verses of the NT

Matthew 20
2 And having agreed with the workmen on a denarius for the day, he sent them into his vineyard.
13 And answering one of them, he said, ‘Friend! I am doing you no wrong.
Did you not agree with me for a denarius?"

1220. denarion day-nar'-ee-on of Latin origin; a denarius (or ten asses):--
pence, penny(-worth).
AV - penny 9, pence 5, pennyworth 2; 16 denarius = "containing ten"
1) A Roman silver coin in NT time. It took its name from it being equal to ten "asses", a number after 217 B.C. increased to sixteen (about 3.898 grams or .1375 oz.). It was the principal silver coin of the Roman empire.
From the parable of the labourers in the vineyard, it would seem that a denarius was then the ordinary pay for a day's wages. (Mt. 20:2-13)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Someone had sent me a link to this site. Anyone ever hear of him?

About the Author | JUDGMENT DAY IS OVER

Mathew Simon is a writer living in Northern California with his wife and three children. He has been teaching the Bible since 2007 and sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ’s finished work to many people across the world. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with 22 years of experience in Software Engineering.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not until you just shared his name. I'll have to check him out.
Him and I have very similar views eschatology wise.......
I posted a comment on his site:

Jesus saved the rich young ruler | JUDGMENT DAY IS OVER

Amen Mathew! Praise His Name

The “covenantle” parable of the Rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16 is perhaps my largest study of the Bible and one of the rare places that shows a man burning in “hell/hades”.

It mentions Abraham[Faith/Life NC], Moses[Law/Death OC] and Lazarus[Resurrection].
I remember when I read it thru a few times, I had the feeling the Rich man was a type of Jewish High Priest or King.
He is clothed in purple and fine linen, as is the Queen/Harlot/Great City/Jerusalem in Revelation. I love the way Jesus [and Paul] stood up against the corrupt murderous Judean rulers.
Lazarus is only mentioned in 3 chapters of the NT: Luke and John

Luke 16:14 Now the Pharisees, who were lovers of money, also heard all these things, and they derided Him. 15 And He said to them, “You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts

Luke 16:19 A certain Man was rich and clothed in purple and fine linen………….

Revelation 18:16 “and saying, ‘Alas, alas, that great City that was clothed in fine linen, purple, and scarlet. [Jezebel, the wife of wicked King Ahab, is also mentioned]

Regards,
Steve

Amen Steve.
Yes in my book I wrote that the story of Lazarus was a parable about the rich Pharisees and the poor saints.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Isn't the Bible so rich and hopeful when put in the proper context?

This is a very profound truth right here (from what you just posted):
You wrote: "It mentions Abraham[Faith/Life NC], Moses[Law/Death OC] and Lazarus[Resurrection]." - that's paradigm shifting, I think.

If more people were taught to read the Bible with that framework, I think there'd be MORE understanding.....more compassion.....and more glory to God (eventually they'll get there....right?).

I wanted to share this (and thought it's probably the only place it'd be appreciated) :D

preterism_meme_2.jpg

Upvote 0

Residential Bob

Dec 24, 2018
Ormond Beach
✟18,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello.
I would highly recommend an very in-debth study on the Covenantle parable of the Rich-man and Lazarus in Luke 16.

Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary

Kindgdom Bible Studies Template Page The "CROSS" is in between the NC ministry of Life and Grace and the OC is of Death and the Grave/Hades. The 2 Women in Revelation appear to symbolize those, at least to me and why I am what you would call a "New Covenantle Preterist" [did I just come up with a new label?]. :idea:

The parable mentions 3 of the most important people of the Bible besides God/Jesus of course,

Abraham
[Faith], Moses [Law/Death/Grave-Hades] and Lazarus[Faith/Resurrection/Life]

I am currently doing a doing a verse by verse study and translation of that parable and sync it with both the OT and the rest of the NT.

Here is a post that is what I come up with in just verse 19. Thoughts?

Steve aka LLoJ

The Restitution Of All Things A.K.A. Universalism
LLoJ;

For some reason, I felt compelled to resurrect this thread, and scanning the last page, stopped at this post. I think you are right; this is probably the most misunderstood parable.

People tend to get hung up on a vision of hell and heaven, as if they are so close to each other that conversations can transpire between them. The key passage is in the last verse (31).

'If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.'​

This avers what I have pointed out on these boards before, that Jesus says the law and the prophets ended with John the Baptist who foretold the demise of the Jewish theocracy(Lk 16:16). The scribes and Pharisees who dressed in purple and fine linens and feasted sumptuously would be buried, their kingdom handed to the commoners and publicans from whom even the non-Jews could squeeze benefit (the dogs who licked their sores (v 21)).

Their city and temple trampled and possessed by barbarians, the hierarchy scattered like chaff in the wind while those they pillaged for homage and tribute resided at Abraham's side. The kingdom of the scribes and Pharisees was conferred upon others (Mt 21:43).

All of Christ's parables are about the kingdom (Mt 13:11; Mk 4:11), including this one.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian