Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The analogy is this -- I want you to picture me as being a Mormon going into a Baptist sunday school class of a few guys and saying "Uh - I've been Mormon all my life but am considering leaving LDS to be Baptist"

And everyone said nothing but "Gosh, I don't who in the world would be crazy enough to be Mormon - what iodicy!"

That's what I felt like exactly during my brief foray into the Partial safe house - I slid out with my tail between my legs and deleted my posts

Then even as I was "ready to leave" pretrib - I was NOT ready to hear slanderous garbage about the ORIGIN of pretrib being attributed to Margaret Macdonald - so I argued against the FALSE ORIGIN even while I was no longer convinced of the eschataological position itself

Time went on, I was not the "nicest" poster towards Prets for a long time - yet I found a few full prets who calmly answered my sarcastic exceptions to that doctrine, eventually got a recommended full pret book and found it logical and plausible

and I came to this understanding of the full pret position -- it doesn't force a GAP between 69th and 70th week, it "solves" two major points of friction within Christian theology - that being PAROUSIA DELAY and the dilemma of Israel painted in Romans 11 as "enemies for the gospels sake but still elect because of the fathers" and along with that

was the rather awkward phrase that "all Israel will be saved"

well what exactly does that mean - I mean you have to QUALIFY it somehow - it doesn't mean that every single Jew that ever lived will be saved -- a standard pretrib view I guess was that "all" the end times Jews in 7 yr trib would be saved - sure didn't mean that all the Jews who died from Christ's time til the 7 yr trib would be saved so let's see -- let's apply a little "Calvinist slant" to the word "all" and after all as Arminian I believe in predestination too just by foreknowledge of who will believe and persevere rather than decree unrelated to a man's will -- so

Israel didn't achieve it - but the REMNANT achieved it, and "ALL" of Israel who were destined to be saved before the 70 AD "end of the age" were indeed saved as that remnant

and of course individuals are still being saved from ethnic Israel just like Gentiles, but ALL that were to be saved before that PAROUSIA/JUDGEMENT in 70 AD were indeed saved

therefore I came to an understanding a full preterism that that addressed Peter's questioning of what was taken the Lord so long for a Parousia (he just needed to give it a few more years and there WAS a Parousia according to the Full Prets)

and it addressed Pauls "all Israel will be saved" without violating my basic soteriology

and full prets gave me plausible answers along the way, not all of them overwhelming like this false messiah Menachem being man of sin in Thessalonians but most answers were forthcoming

I still have some issues that are sticky wickets, but I have just begun a study of Full Prettyism maybe being true

there is a TRADITION that Antipas - mentioned in Revelation internally - was martyred in 92 - its just a tradition and only found one place in some eastern orthodox "book of martyrs" a thousand years ago - but it is there Antipas appointed bishop of Pergamum 83 AD and martyred 92 AD - if that tradition is true, preterism's early date for Revelation is blown - but it is after all a lone tradition

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My whole view of Daniel is being overhauled according to the principle of "what about it did I think that I only could have thought by reading some commentary note?" from the dispy Scofield notes to the libby "written in Macabbean time" modern scholar notes -- what do I really - what WOULD I see just INTERNALLY in Daniel in the book itself?

never would have thought 70 weeks did NOT run concurrently

never would have thought of Rome as 4th kingdom

Daniel has 4 metals, 4 beasts, and 4 kingdoms mentioned by name

Babylonians, Medes, Persians, and Greeks

Rome is alluded to twice, never named, alluded to as ships of Kittim thwarting Antiochus IV and as Titus tearing down the Temple

I see TWO "Abominations of Desolations" HAPPENNING BY 70 AD and am not looking for a third

but I don't see proof of Rome as the fourth IRON Kingdom

and in this I don't see eye to eye with any Prets partial or full

I have to admit that Christ's everlasting kingdom was established during Roman times - this Rome or Greece as 4th kingdom is asticky wicket

easy to see Alexander as metal legs and his 4 lines of successors as weaker toes mixed with clay

but other suggestions have been given me, maybe Rome is 4th kingdom Daniel saw

if so where is legitimacy of combining Medes and Persians into one - they were two peoples

more popcorn

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
so much for my idea of a full preterist safe house

I realize "what the rules are"

but upon reflection - I do not feel it is fair to be restricted to a Forum full of threads about a sect that has an extra Bible that came on metal plates which vanished, threads saying apostle Paul and Joseph Smith are same-same; and full of threads from "Jesus-is-not-Godders" and the "Hell-NO!" crowd just because I am interested in Full Preterism

a different eschatology does NOT warrant being classed with such theologies

adios

Upvote 0

donfish06

May The Lord Richly Bless You
Oct 24, 2013
Lima, Ohio
✟8,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been labeled a preterist by cf because I say the second coming was in 312 AD when the sign of the Son of Man appeared in the clouds, and Jesus came into power through St. Constantine who rode a white horse and conquered with a bow. And he sent his messengers with a trumpet and gathered the elect of all the Church together, to Nicea.

Did "St." Constantine conquer with a bow, but no arrows? The prophecy states that the white horse rider had a bow but no arrows. In prophecy, everything is in symbols. It doesn't mean that some one will be on a LITERAL white horse with a LITERAL bow. Animals in prophecy throughout the entire Bible always represent a power. Besides, this was just the first seal (I believe) there were still 6 left, so it couldn't have been the coming of the Son of Man

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
Did "St." Constantine conquer with a bow, but no arrows? The prophecy states that the white horse rider had a bow but no arrows. In prophecy, everything is in symbols. It doesn't mean that some one will be on a LITERAL white horse with a LITERAL bow. Animals in prophecy throughout the entire Bible always represent a power. Besides, this was just the first seal (I believe) there were still 6 left, so it couldn't have been the coming of the Son of Man
LOL. What good is a bow with no arrows? Of course the first horseman (St. Constantine) used arrows!

The Revelation can only be opened by the second coming of Jesus, which was in 312AD.

Upvote 0

donfish06

Oct 24, 2013
Lima, Ohio
✟8,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL. What good is a bow with no arrows? Of course the first horseman (St. Constantine) used arrows!

The Revelation can only be opened by the second coming of Jesus, which was in 312AD.

If Jesus came back then the world would be destroyed by know.

The prophecy in Revelations shows NO ARROWS, so Constantine couldn't have fulfilled it

Upvote 0

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There is no scripture which says that the world will be destroyed. God promised that He would NEVER again destroy all flesh.

Upvote 0

donfish06

Oct 24, 2013
Lima, Ohio
✟8,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no scripture which says that the world will be destroyed. God promised that He would NEVER again destroy all flesh.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

ALL flesh won't be destroyed. The Bride will be with Jesus

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican

The prophecy in Revelations shows NO ARROWS, so Constantine couldn't have fulfilled it
The second coming is the coming of the sign of the Son of Man in the clouds coupled with Jesus coming into power (through St Constantine who rode a white horse and conquered with a bow).

You are so ridiculous in saying the first horseman conquered with a bow and no arrows. That is impossible.

Upvote 0

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
The expression "heaven and earth" was often a Hebrew merism for "the book of the law," that is, the Mosaic covenant. (e.g., Deuteronomy chapters 30-32).

"Heaven and earth (Moses) shall pass away. But my words shall not pass away."

God said that He would never again destroy the earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

donfish06

Oct 24, 2013
Lima, Ohio
✟8,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The second coming is the coming of the sign of the Son of Man in the clouds coupled with Jesus coming into power (through St Constantine who rode a white horse and conquered with a bow).

You are so ridiculous in saying the first horseman conquered with a bow and no arrows. That is impossible.

Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

It makes no reference to arrows. Your idea of the second coming of Christ is warped

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

It makes no reference to arrows. Your idea of the second coming of Christ is warped
The only purpose for a bow is to shoot arrows. Your idea of a bow without arrows is warped. Constantine is the only logical candidate for the first horseman largely because bows and arrows are no longer used in warfare.

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yeah.

I guess you would have to be one tough dude to conquer with a violin bow.

That is pretty silly.

I'm trying to think of what in the world any of this has to do with preterism -- oh yeah - there are 312 AD preterists - "Constantine Preterists" - bow-huntin' preterists...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am interested in studying Full Preterism

which is not allowed in GT/End Times

no partials - no Mormons - no Muslims - no other eschatology
Subscribing........

http://www.christianforums.com/t2367396-12/
Full Preterism-Where is the scriptural evidence?

I have read and read and read the Bible numerous times in search of the answers as to why some people accept the Full Preterist view of prophecy and cannot make sense of any of it. I know there are preterists on this forum and I just want to get an understanding of why you believe what you believe. Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah.

I guess you would have to be one tough dude to conquer with a violin bow.

That is pretty silly.

I'm trying to think of what in the world any of this has to do with preterism -- oh yeah - there are 312 AD preterists - "Constantine Preterists" - bow-huntin' preterists...
HUH?

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
The second coming was in 312AD when the sign of the Son of Man appeared in the clouds, and Jesus came into power through St. Constantine who rode a white horse and conquered with a bow.. The day the sign appeared is known as the turning point of history because ever since that day, Christian nations have been the dominant force on earth. And Constantine sent his messengers with a trumpet, and gathered the elect of all the Church together, to Nicea.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I would just like to reiterate - as I did in the "Preterism scriptural evidence thread"

that this 312 AD jazz is NOT anything a standard Full Preterist or even a Partial Preterist would hold

it's just an off-the-wall interpretation WELL APART from "Preterists" as a whole

Biblical prophecy was fulfilled by 70 AD

a SPIRITUAL VICTORY had been won

IN JESUS' OWN GENERATION!!

No "waiting and waiting 2 thousand years for Jesus to actually WIN"

no waiting and waiting for a revamped NATIONAL ISRAEL and a focus on a rebuilt temple and red heifers and oh my God -

having begun in the spiritual, will ye now be made perfect by THE FLESH??

Physical Israel and a "restored land" and animal sacrifices after the ONE PERFECT SACRIFICE has been made?

oh, He got beat up and crucified in His time but some day bye and bye pie in the sky he will come back and ACTUALLY WIN --

nahh

He won when He said he would

in the generation to which He came

Upvote 0