Bukit Timah, Singapore
Visit site
✟7,876.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Last night I had a dream.

I woke up in the middle of the night, and i sensed a presence around.(i've been having these things for almost a year, daily, evil spirits tormenting me). Two days ago I just received my gift of tongues in full.(previously i had doubts). So this morning when i got scared I prayed in tongues for the spirit to leave. By the time i spoke the fourth word the spirit got so close and i spoke louder and louder, and suddenly i felt as if i had a sword in my hand, and began stabbing the presence which was making me frightened. After several seconds of fighting i felt the spirit back off, it seemed like it got injured, it seemed to be screaming. Then my vision blacked out(i think i entered a dream).

In this dream I was in the same position as before i blacked out. For about 1 second i saw a triangular black structure(flat, like paper, measuring about 1 metre on each side.)right in front of me. It looked like a large piece of cloth, or a flag i dont know, but after that second it seemed like it got overpowered by something else, and boomed it disappeared, as if it got rammed.

Then in front of me appeared something beautifully white and translucent. At first I couldn't make out what it was, i thought I saw an evil spirit's robe, but looking more closely, there were actually two arms stretching towards me with the long sleeves of the white robe.(looks like jesus' robe) No face, nothing, just two arms, and then i realised that his palms were together, forming a shape of a cup(like how we cup water with our hands) but containing nothing . Immediately i knew it was the lord reaching to me, and I placed my hands inside his palms which was about maybe 30-40cm across, that big. I felt the warmness of his hands, and i remembered i was thanking him "thank you lord, thank you lord, thank you jesus..." for about 15-20 seconds, and the image disappeared. He did not say anything to me.

Could that dream mean more than just jesus rescuing me from the evil presence? Or was it not an evil presence(The bible tells us that people were afraid when they saw an angel). Maybe it was the Holy Spirit? But i could clearly feel that that presence backed out after speaking in tongues and stabbing it, thats why i think it's an evil spirit.

Or was God confirming that i was a mighty warrior(on the same day i received the gift of tongues, someone from the healing ministry told me to pray on the spot for something, the prayer(aloud) went like this "Dear Lord, what do you want to give me?" and I'm supposed to say out whatever i hear. I replied "I heard God saying he's giving me a sword." And that guy prophesied that , "You are God's mighty warrior, believe this, and reject the lies that you're not good enough.") because I was suddenly given a sword to stab the evil presence? And the empty cupped hands means that he has given me a gift?

Or is there some other message?:confused:
I would really appreciate it if someone could interpret this for me, because I personally am not gifted in interpretation fo dreams.
Thanks for your help!:wave:

God bless,
Wonderous

Shizzle

Mar 19, 2005
✟8,792.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Ephesians 6:11-18 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

Pray in tongues alot, i reccomend this guys section on tongues(praying in the spirit), its okay to skip around just start at beginning of smaller segments. http://eaglevision.com.my/ps9enter.htm
Go to the index to find the other teachings if they interest you.

Upvote 0

wonderous

Jun 22, 2007
Bukit Timah, Singapore
Visit site
✟7,876.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Ephesians 6:11-18 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

Pray in tongues alot, i reccomend this guys section on tongues(praying in the spirit), its okay to skip around just start at beginning of smaller segments. http://eaglevision.com.my/ps9enter.htm
Go to the index to find the other teachings if they interest you.

so is praying in tongues the message for me?? Is that all God's telling me? Somehow i feel there's more :idea:
The link you gave me said that there are two types of tongues, a Man-to-God tongue and a God-to-Man tongue. Currently, I have only one 'main'(Man-to-God) tongue, is it possible to have more than one Man-to-God tongue?(eg, when a pastor lays hands on me).
And how do I differentiate between God-to-Man and a Man-to-God tongue?

Hoping someone with experience could explain, :groupray:
Wonderous

Upvote 0

stafy

Apr 5, 2007
✟15,449.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
dear Wounderous, The first one (man to God) is a general gift for all believers, the second (God to man) is a spcealised gift for certain beleivers, of which God alone decides who gets it and who doesn't, just as not all, have all the gifts, but only that which God desires for you.

Upvote 0

wonderous

Jun 22, 2007
Bukit Timah, Singapore
Visit site
✟7,876.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
dear Wounderous, The first one (man to God) is a general gift for all believers, the second (God to man) is a spcealised gift for certain beleivers, of which God alone decides who gets it and who doesn't, just as not all, have all the gifts, but only that which God desires for you.

In that case is it possible to have more than one (man to God) tongue?

Upvote 0

Shizzle

Mar 19, 2005
✟8,792.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
We all can pray in tongues to God, just sometimes the Holy Spirit has us speak a real language that people near understand, we cant control that. I wasnt saying i thought praying in tongues was the message from the dream, just that tongues n the sword of the spirit are related thought that was interesting. Praying in tongues long hours is just something to strive for...

Upvote 0

wonderous

Jun 22, 2007
Bukit Timah, Singapore
Visit site
✟7,876.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
the moment i saw your first post i thought your interpretation was that God has given me the gift of tongues, which is related to the sword of the spirit like what you said.

i was explaining to my dad about what i thought was your interpretation(before i saw your most recent post):
"When the evil spirit came to me, i suddenly felt as if i had a sword in my hand" - God has given me the sword of the spirit
"I stabbed the spirit and spoke in tongues, and the evil spirit left" - Accompanied by the tongue was the sword of the spirit. This overpowered the enemy.
"God's cupped hands which i saw right after being 'rescued' " - God's telling me, "You just witnessed how your tongues managed to drive away the evil spirit. I have given you the gift (empty cupped hands)"

My dad said that interpreting dreams is not complex, one does not need to be intellectual to interpret dreams. And dreams are just a simple message from God to us. I thought 'your interpretation' was logical and simple, and yes maybe all God is trying to say is that he's given me tongues as the Sword of the spirit to conquer the evil powers. It was a simple reminder:thumbsup:

If anyone has other interpretation i'm open to listen to them, so feel free to share it with me! :)
Thanks!

Blessings,
Wonderous

Upvote 0

wonderous

Jun 22, 2007
Bukit Timah, Singapore
Visit site
✟7,876.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I think that maybe God gave you a message like this "Don't have fear of the dark, because now you received the Holy Spirit, that is your weapon to fight the dark"..

just my Opinion
thanks a lot! We dont need to fear because we have the Holy Spirit! But i think i still have a fear of demonic attacks at night because i'm getting them so often, and i hope you guys can pray for me so that I wont fear :)

Upvote 0

JeyJack

With him,impossible doesn't exist!
Jun 24, 2007
Italy
✟18,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
thanks a lot! We dont need to fear because we have the Holy Spirit! But i think i still have a fear of demonic attacks at night because i'm getting them so often, and i hope you guys can pray for me so that I wont fear :)
It's normal to have fear at start don't worry,you have just to pray more and to read the Bible,it will increase your faith,and when you will be full of faith you won't have fear anymore :) I had your same problem but then I realized that I CAN'T have fear because God is with us and because he gave us the authority aganist satana,when some evil spirits are around and you say "I chase you in the name of Jesus" they can just run away :cool:

However,
Can I ask you what's your name? I will pray for you :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wonderous

Jun 22, 2007
Bukit Timah, Singapore
Visit site
✟7,876.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
It's normal to have fear at start don't worry,you have just to pray more and to read the Bible,it will increase your faith,and when you will be full of faith you won't have fear anymore :) I had your same problem but then I realized that I CAN'T have fear because God is with us and because he gave us the authority aganist satana,when some evil spirits are around and you say "I chase you in the name of Jesus" they can just run away :cool:

However,
Can I ask you what's your name? I will pray for you :thumbsup:
My name is Leonard. Thanks for your encouragement and advice! And your prayers!

I will follow your advice and increase my faith!

O yes, and i also fear that because i'm becoming more spiritual, i'm exposing myself to the spiritual reality, and the devil is now after me! Pray that i will continue to open myself to the spiritual realm and not be afraid! Thank you!

Blessings,
Wonderous

Upvote 0

Shizzle

Mar 19, 2005
✟8,792.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Just a thought id like to share is that when Jesus told the disciples to wait for the Holy Spirit,

Acts 1:4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.
Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

He told them that they would recieve "power" when the Holy Spirit came on them.

Acts 2:3-4 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

They didn't recieve power, but tongues of fire. Put 2 and 2 together, and you see that tongues are the key to allowing the power of God to work through us. The site I linked to has alot of good teaching, and he seems to be of the opinion that if you pray in tongues for long enough your mind will become at rest. I haven't had time yet to go on a tongues spree, letting myself get to distracted, want to spend like 10 hours in a row of praying in tongues while not doing anything else except maybe reading the bible.

Upvote 0

wonderous

Jun 22, 2007
Bukit Timah, Singapore
Visit site
✟7,876.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Just a thought id like to share is that when Jesus told the disciples to wait for the Holy Spirit,

Acts 1:4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.
Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

He told them that they would recieve "power" when the Holy Spirit came on them.

Acts 2:3-4 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

They didn't recieve power, but tongues of fire. Put 2 and 2 together, and you see that tongues are the key to allowing the power of God to work through us. The site I linked to has alot of good teaching, and he seems to be of the opinion that if you pray in tongues for long enough your mind will become at rest. I haven't had time yet to go on a tongues spree, letting myself get to distracted, want to spend like 10 hours in a row of praying in tongues while not doing anything else except maybe reading the bible.
thanks for the sharing! I will spend more time speaking in tongues :)

Upvote 0