Dolly Parton says new song about God’s warning to avoid sin ‘came to me in a dream’

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The song, titled 'Don’t Make Me Have to Come Down There,' describes a dream in which God is 'standing on a mountaintop' expressing 'dismay' that His children on earth are failing to heed His guidance and choosing sin over virtue.

(LifeSiteNews) — American country music icon Dolly Parton recently unveiled a new song about God’s warning to human beings to avoid sin, an idea that “came to me in a dream.”

On January 19, the musician’s 77th birthday, Parton announced the spiritual song in an Instagram video. She said that rather than receiving gifts this year, she wanted to give a new song to the world.

“I’ve got a song that I’m dropping today on my birthday,” she said. “It’s a song that kind of came to me in a dream and I felt like it was worth putting out there, something special. Well, it’s special to me.”

“I had this dream about God standing on a mountain, looking down at us, saying, ‘Don’t make me have to come down there.’ And it woke me up. I got up, I started writing this song and over a period of weeks [and] months, I finished it, as things would come to me. And I just felt like I should drop it on my birthday, so I hope you enjoy it.”

Continued below.

• Friendly
Reactions: WarriorAngel