Freewill?

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello everyone. I would like to discuss freewill, and whether such a thing is possible Scientifically, Logically, and according to Scripture. I will start with Logic.

I have a choice between A or B. God knows that I will choose A. By my freewill I choose B. Please explain. Thank you all and God bless you.

on the one hand, the human beings must feel and be free, first because God wants it to be so, but on the other hand, the belief/persuasion [that the human/besouled being has an absolutely free will/choice and that it is (ostensibly) better to have such] is a deception in the faith, because the position of the soul in this regard is between two masters, God and the "darkness", while it cannot do anything alone i.e. without God or the "darkness", so if in such circumstances it prefers/chooses to have free will/choice, then this will mean that it may kind of dissociate from God in that way

Blessings

Reactions: anonymouswho
Upvote 0

anonymouswho

Jul 28, 2015
✟16,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, the "time" most people can perceive at most is the "virtual time".

If you can get to the the real "real time", then you can see the past, present, and the future taking place simultaneously, not everything at the same time though.... Our brain could only process limited information at a time.

I don't quite understand what you mean here. You said that if we saw real time, we would view it all "simultaneously", "but not at the same time". I don't mean to be rude, but simultaneous and "same time" mean the same thing don't they? I do believe God "sees" the future, but I do not believe He "exists" in the future, in the present, and in the past simultaneously. The only reason God knows the future is because He caused it. It's like if I am about to turn a doorknob, and I imagine myself doing it. I perceived the future happening, but I do not yet exist in the future. Of course, in this case, a wild bear could jump out and scare me away. Then, despite seeing the future, it didn't actually come to pass. When God sees the future, it is definite. This is why, when you see the future, you cannot stop it. You can warn others, but the only people who will listen are those which God chooses to save (from this particular situation).

Remember when Abraham pleaded with God not to destroy Sodom and Gommorah? Abraham asked for mercy, and God said He would give it "if" He finds ten righteous people. God didn't have to send his messengers to know if there were ten righteous people there. He sent His messengers to pull Lot and his family out, because they were the only righteous (except for Lot's wife that turned). He had already made up His mind, and God does not repent:

"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" Numbers 23:19

Your Welcome and God Bless to you too!

I am interested in Quantum Mechanics....but I never really got to it. I have to get back to my calculus and differential equations from scratch to get deep understanding of it in math. It's been so many years since I was in engineering in college and used anything other than Algebra for the last 13 years in the jobs I held.

I don't see any reason to get into equations, but I will provide some when we get further along. My problem is not in the idea that the equations are wrong, my problem is that Particle-Wave Duality is a contradiction.

In the 1920's, Albert Einstein and some of the greatest scientists who ever lived were studying this new field of Quantum Mechanics. The problem was, everytime they tried to measure the position of a particle, it's momentum changed; and vice versa. This is what we call the "Uncertainty Principle". Einstein thought this was ridiculous, as it appears to contradict everything we know about how the world works. That is where the famous "Schrodinger's Cat" illustration comes from. Schrodinger was not trying to prove the Uncertainty Principle's validity, he was trying to show how unreasonable it is. Here is what he wrote:

"One can even set up quite ridiculous cases. A cat is penned up in a steel chamber, along with the following device (which must be secured against direct interference by the cat): in a Geiger counter, there is a tiny bit of radioactive substance, so small, that perhaps in the course of the hour one of the atoms decays, but also, with equal probability, perhaps none; if it happens, the counter tube discharges and through a relay releases a hammer that shatters a small flask of hydrocyanic acid. If one has left this entire system to itself for an hour, one would say that the cat still lives if meanwhile no atom has decayed. The psi-function of the entire system would express this by having in it the living and dead cat (pardon the expression) mixed or smeared out in equal parts."

Copenhagen read this, and finally interpreted it to mean that while the box is closed, the system simultaneously exists in a superposition state of "dead cat" and "living cat", or "Particle-Wave duality". I myself do not believe in zombie cats. Neither did Einstein.

Niels Bohr, however, did believe in zombie cats. He debated Einstein about Quantum Mechanics, by which Einstein famously said, "God does not play dice", and Bohr responded, "You do not tell God what to do". Needless to say, Bohr won the debate, and science has relied on this nonsense for almost a century.

However, what they probably won't tell you in school is that this whole situation was solved by a brilliant physicist named Louis de Broglie. He could not accept this contradiction, so he worked out what is called the "Pilot-Wave" interpretation. According to this, a particle's momentum and position are determined when it bounces off of a corresponding wave. We are not able to predict this, because to do so would require us to know the position of every particle in the universe. However, there is One who knows all things, for He has determined it.

There are a few scientist that are trying to provide evidence of Pilot-Waves. Here are a few articles about it:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/blogs/physics/2014/09/quantum-physicists-catch-a-pilot-wave/

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...ithout-all-probabilistic-weirdness-180951914/

So why would Bohr go with such an irrational interpretation, when de Broglie had shown that there was a very rational interpretation? Freewill.

Here is an interview with Niels Bohr, where he explains that freewill is exactly why he argued for this nonsense:

https://www.aip.org/history-programs/niels-bohr-library/oral-histories/4517-5

Here is a video where Michio Kaku uses the Uncertainty Principle as an excuse for free will:

http://bigthink.com/dr-kakus-universe/why-quantum-physics-ends-the-free-will-debate

And here is an article where Stephen Hawking uses the Uncertainty Principle to explain how "something can come of nothing":

http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html

The Scriptures say that God is in complete control, and that He knows all things. Science, logic, and reason all confirm this. I would not have looked up these things just for the fun of it. I studied them because the Scriptures do not say we have a freewill, but all of Christianity and all of the world says we do. And what does Christianity use freewill as an excuse for? An eternal hell where our loving Father is going to torture billions and billions of people forever and ever (how does forever have an 'and ever'?). Blasphemy.

Anyways, I hope you found this as interesting as I do. Thank you my friend and God bless you.

Upvote 0

anonymouswho

Jul 28, 2015
✟16,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As for the example you've provided it's totally incoherent. If God knows that you will choose A then you will choose A otherwise the first half of the sentence is hogwash.

Hello friend and thank you for the reply. Yes, I know it's incoherent. That was the point. Yet, that is what it must mean if we are to have a "free" will. If God knows we will choose A, then in order to have a free will, we should have the choice to choose B instead. However, this is impossible and clearly a contradiction, so we therefore must choose what God has determined we will choose. Thank you friend and God bless you.

Upvote 0

anonymouswho

Jul 28, 2015
✟16,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then you should not make statements such as : "However, if God knows every possibility that could happen from both A and B, but doesn't know which one you will ultimately choose, then He essentially knows nothing."

This to me is an argument against the very thing you say you support, so to me you were arguing against the very thing you say you support???? Perhaps we were both misunderstanding, but your original assumption was still flawed. One can not choose B if God knows you are going to choose A because you will choose A, and vice versa.

I'm sorry friend, let me explain what I mean about God knowing all possibilities.

[Note: this is not what I believe. I am giving you an example of what I thought you believed]

You're walking down a road and you come to a fork. You can either go left or right. Under the "infinite possibilities" idea, God does not know if you will choose left or right, but he knows infinite possibilities about where either path will lead you. Let's say right leads you to a church, and left leads you to a satanic ritual.

God doesn't know which you'll choose, but He knows what will happen (all the way to your death) under both options. If you go right, God knows you'll find the church and say the sinners prayer and have some babies and blah blah blah. If you go left, God knows you will find the satanic ritual, join, and spend the rest of your life worshipping some mythical character named Lucifer.

So under this idea, God doesn't actually know what you'll choose, but he knows everything that will happen for either option. That is why I said He ultimately doesn't know anything if this is true.

I hope that clears everything up. Thank you my friend and God bless.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,553.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If God knows we will choose A, then in order to have a free will, we should have the choice to choose B instead. However, this is impossible and clearly a contradiction,....
I politely suggest you are assuming too much. I know it seems impossible to you - I used to be in the exact same place about this as you appear to be. After much debate, I became convinced that despite the seeming ironclad logic of what you are saying, it is really not that simple. I will try to find more relevant information.

Upvote 0

anonymouswho

Jul 28, 2015
✟16,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A very interesting question (Freewill), of course. With respect to your A,B question: I believe your scenario is not possible - if God knows you will choose A, you will indeed choose A, but can still do so perfectly "freely". I used to think that if God knows that I will choose A, this robs me of my freedom to choose B. But I have since been convinced this is not so, although I forget the relevant argument (which is relatively subtle, if I recall). Also, your A, B question can be completely generalized away from a religious setting. In other words, if we imagine that there is any agent who perfectly knows the future, you get the same fundamental question.

Hello and thank you for joining us. Yes, I know it's not possible. I think you realized that by now, but I just wanted to make sure I'm not misunderstanding you.

Just so we all realize this is a lot more complicated than it might seem, consider the following treatment from the respected Stanford Encyclopdia of Philosophy:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/free-will-foreknowledge/

I confess I have not read it, but the point is that it is certainly not obvious that if God know the future perfectly, this robs us of our free will. I believe this is actually not the case, but I forget how I came to that conclusion. But I do remember, it was a complicated argument that convinced me that God can know the future without robbing us of free will.

I have read that article, thank you. I read all the articles on Stanford because they are amazing. I recommend everyone here read them as well. Here is another good one:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/determinism-causal/

The excuse given in these articles for how we could possibly have freewill is Quantum Mechanics. I addressed this to timewerx ealier today. It's pretty long, but maybe you will find it interesting. It's on page 7 just a few messages before this one.

The theological excuse is that "God is outside of time" or "eternal"...whatever the heck that means. At the end of my reply to timewerx I explained why I believe the church uses freewill. I hope your enjoying this discussion so far, and I look forward to conversating with you. Thank you and God bless my friend.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
If He is Omniscient then He is also Omnipotent and has unlimited power to do anything. That means He has the power NOT to know what your decision will be if He chooses NOT to know. He has the power not to interfere with your decision so that it is truly your choice.

Hi,

Yes. I have had this ~experience with him. On a certain issue with me, he, God The Father, chose not to know. At the same time in my life, Jesus, God The Son did something, that showed me He was knowledgeable of my thoughts, years earlier.~

What, I can understand from that, is He did not know something about me, by some mechanism, which I do not understand, yet.

Whether, my changed status, from one who knew of God, like Job, to one who knew God, like Job after seeing God, had something to do with God no longer monitoring my thoughts, before typing these words, I have not thought on.

Yet, much dealing, with God, personally and Trinitarianly, has changed after Mary, The Virgin Mary, wanted to give me a'~A GIFT~' and after God helped her, get me to comply, she gave me that '~A GIFT~' and slowly after that my thoughts could be monitored, but eventually were not, as I was changed, so that I could be asked, that question, and TOTALLY understand, what it meant.

Even after the question was asked, I could still surpr~ise my listeners, even when my listeners were what is also called God.~ Faustina I think had that relationship with God in her later years also, so it is not a precedent. It is the way it is, with certain relationships, in time, or development maybe, with God. One day I actually said something quite carelessly in front of everyone. He responded, in such a way, that, my view of God The Father (not my personal name for him) was forever changed. ~I never ever thought, he could be hurt.~ He, he was though. My eyes even now are wet. My chest hurts. My throat will take some time to unclench. For you all, I will wipe my eyes eventually........... It is done now... It hurts that much.
~He, he responded with: "** **** Love!!!!!" And, I don't know what kind of l.........yes. Yes I do. He, he responded wi.......no. No I don't actually know. I thought I did. That Love!!!!! hit me in my side. I couldn't move anymore. ~I was standing. I still was...... I was walking. Not anymore.~ I had to find a chair eventually to sit down in. It was right there. I sat down. It was that intense. In about twenty minutes with nothing changing in what I was going to do next and next, ~with all of them there~, I was recovered enough to just do, and realize.~ He can be hurt, when He lets himself be personable with me~, and by extension, with every and anyone, He extends that too.

~Even Jesus, I treat personably, and even The Holy Spirit, and of course Mary. There is......~

LOVE,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

anonymouswho

Jul 28, 2015
✟16,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jer 19:5 "They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind:" If God knows everything then how did He not know this?

I definitely agree with lesliedellow. But thank you for posting this.

"And go forth unto the valley of the son of Hinnom, which is by the entry of the east gate, and proclaim there the words that I shall tell thee" Jeremiah 19:2

God says they did this in the Valley of Hinnom, which in Greek is Gehennah. That's irrelevant, but I thought it was important nonetheless. Thank you friend and God bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone. I would like to discuss freewill, and whether such a thing is possible Scientifically, Logically, and according to Scripture. I will start with Logic.

I have a choice between A or B. God knows that I will choose A. By my freewill I choose B. Please explain. Thank you all and God bless you.
i feel compelled beyond my will to reply to this .. -wait .. no i don't ,but i did ,but i haven't really ;)

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Yes. I have had this ~experience with him. On a certain issue with me, he, God The Father, chose not to know. At the same time in my life, Jesus, God The Son did something, that showed me He was knowledgeable of my thoughts, years earlier.~

What, I can understand from that, is He did not know something about me, by some mechanism, which I do not understand, yet.

Whether, my changed status, from one who knew of God, like Job, to one who knew God, like Job after seeing God, had something to do with God no longer monitoring my thoughts, before typing these words, I have not thought on.

Yet, much dealing, with God, personally and Trinitarianly, has changed after Mary, The Virgin Mary, wanted to give me a'~A GIFT~' and after God helped her, get me to comply, she gave me that '~A GIFT~' and slowly after that my thoughts could be monitored, but eventually were not, as I was changed, so that I could be asked, that question, and TOTALLY understand, what it meant.

Even after the question was asked, I could still surpr~ise my listeners, even when my listeners were what is also called God.~ Faustina I think had that relationship with God in her later years also, so it is not a precedent. It is the way it is, with certain relationships, in time, or development maybe, with God. One day I actually said something quite carelessly in front of everyone. He responded, in such a way, that, my view of God The Father (not my personal name for him) was forever changed. ~I never ever thought, he could be hurt.~ He, he was though. My eyes even now are wet. My chest hurts. My throat will take some time to unclench. For you all, I will wipe my eyes eventually........... It is done now... It hurts that much.
~He, he responded with: "** **** Love!!!!!" And, I don't know what kind of l.........yes. Yes I do. He, he responded wi.......no. No I don't actually know. I thought I did. That Love!!!!! hit me in my side. I couldn't move anymore. ~I was standing. I still was...... I was walking. Not anymore.~ I had to find a chair eventually to sit down in. It was right there. I sat down. It was that intense. In about twenty minutes with nothing changing in what I was going to do next and next, ~with all of them there~, I was recovered enough to just do, and realize.~ He can be hurt, when He lets himself be personable with me~, and by extension, with every and anyone, He extends that too.

~Even Jesus, I treat personably, and even The Holy Spirit, and of course Mary. There is......~

LOVE,
That is the whole point. Either man has to die or God has to die. So Jesus died for us. "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."

I remember when I was in Hong Kong and I had to decide if I was going to get married or not. I wanted God to decide for me. I wanted Him to make the decision. He left it up to me, I had to decide for myself. It was my decision, not His.

How is it that Luke took the time to get to know Mary and tells us a lot about her and the early stores she would tell about Jesus. Like the time when He was 12 and he stayed behind at the temple. You would think that because Jesus asked John to take care of Mary that he would get to know her and tell us more, but he does not tell us as much as Luke does.

Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If He is Omniscient then He is also Omnipotent and has unlimited power to do anything. That means He has the power NOT to know what your decision will be if He chooses NOT to know. He has the power not to interfere with your decision so that it is truly your choice.
That would be using his omnipotence to NOT be omniscient. If he chose to do so, he wouldn't be omniscient.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't quite understand what you mean here. You said that if we saw real time, we would view it all "simultaneously", "but not at the same time". I don't mean to be rude, but simultaneous and "same time" mean the same thing don't they?

Sometimes, I could see the past, present, and the future all at the same time. But not all time.

If I did, all I would see is just random white noise and that will not make sense. Sometimes I get 6 minutes but not 10 minutes.

There is a possible way to set specific dates into the future to "view". But you need to have the "gift" in the first place.

I do believe gduty "sees" the future, but I do not believe He "exists" in the future, in the present, and in the past simultaneously.

We also exist in the past, present, and the future. You can in a limited fashion interact with yourself from another time. There seems to be a mechanism in place preventing more elaborate interaction. It is often limited to verbal and brief instances of telepathy. It's very difficult to get a highly detailed message through.

The only reason gduty knows the future is because He caused it. It's like if I am about to turn a doorknob, and I imagine myself doing it. I perceived the future happening, but I do not yet exist in the future. Of course, in this case, a wild bear could jump out and scare me away. Then, despite seeing the future, it didn't actually come to pass. When gduty sees the future, it is definite. This is why, when you see the future, you cannot stop it. You can warn others, but the only people who will listen are those which gduty chooses to save (from this particular situation).

I'm still trying to find a loophole.

Remember when Abraham pleaded with gduty not to destroy Sodom and Gommorah? Abraham asked for mercy, and gduty said He would give it "if" He finds ten righteous people. gduty didn't have to send his messengers to know if there were ten righteous people there. He sent His messengers to pull Lot and his family out, because they were the only righteous (except for Lot's wife that turned). He had already made up His mind, and gduty does not repent:

Sometimes there's a difference between between a revelation from God against what you'll actually see in the future. What you'll see is most likely already set. God may say something different to test people.

In the 1920's, Albert Einstein and some of the greatest scientists who ever lived were studying this new field of Quantum Mechanics. The problem was, everytime they tried to measure the position of a particle, it's momentum changed; and vice versa. This is what we call the "Uncertainty Principle". Einstein thought this was ridiculous, as it appears to contradict everything we know about how the world wsearchs. That is where the famous "Schrodinger's Cat" illustration comes from. Schrodinger was not trying to prove the Uncertainty Principle's validity, he was trying to show how unreasonable it is. Here is what he wrote:

Maybe because at certain scales, our notion of time begins to break down. Perhaps what they saw are paradoxes of a non-linear time experienced at such scales and energy levels.

Like playing back a badly-damaged VHS tape :)

Copenhagen read this, and finally interpreted it to mean that while the box is closed, the system simultaneously exists in a superposition state of "dead cat" and "living cat", or "Particle-Wave duality". I myself do not believe in zombie cats. Neither did Einstein.

I think the Shrodinger's Cat is simply an extrapolated virtual reality but not reality itself. Alternate realities don't exist. It is just virtual and real and virtual is analogous to ideas, day dreams, imagination, etc.

The Universe works quite like the human mind/consciousness. Lots of abstract stuff. I won't be surprised if one day, we discover we are all living in someone else's brain. Someone who is an artist, a poet, a philosopher, and a scientist.

Niels Bohr, however, did believe in zombie cats. He debated Einstein about Quantum Mechanics, by which Einstein famously said, "gduty does not play dice",

Einstein was right. He also had the "gift". It was late in his life when he realized it. Not enough time to play with it.

The Scriptures say that gduty is in complete control, and that He knows all things. Science, logic, and reason all confirm this. I would not have looked up these things just for the fun of it. I studied them because the Scriptures do not say we have a freewill, but all of stories fictionity and all of the world says we do. And what does stories fictionity use freewill as an excuse for? An eternal hell where our loving Father is going to torture billions and billions of people forever and ever (how does forever have an 'and ever'?). Blasphemy.

Anyways, I hope you found this as interesting as I do. Thank you my friend and gduty bless you.

I agree, yes, free will is only an illusion at best.

Hell is probably figurative. But I don't think it's a place of eternal torture. There's no use for it. However, the evil will still be deleted. Still the best place to do it with intense heat, like you find in the middle of thermonuclear explosions, quick and painless.

Quite interesting indeed, non-linear time is the answer. Mainstream science has shunned it so far because until now they still don't believe that information can be sent back in time. Perhaps their crazy experiments at CERN and LHC might eventually show them. God Bless to you too!

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

There are some things even an omnipotent being can't do, and one of them is to defy his own nature. For example, God cannot commit suicide, because immortality is intrinsic to his nature.

Upvote 0

anonymouswho

Jul 28, 2015
✟16,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes, I could see the past, present, and the future all at the same time. But not all time.

If I did, all I would see is just random white noise and that will not make sense. Sometimes I get 6 minutes but not 10 minutes.

There is a possible way to set specific dates into the future to "view". But you need to have the "gift" in the first place.

Yeah, I definitely don't have any gift such as this. My wife has dreams though, and sometimes she will wake up, tell them to me, and a week later it will happen. She doesn't like it though. I tell her that she could indeed be prophecying, but she doesn't like to talk about it.

We also exist in the past, present, and the future. You can in a limited fashion interact with yourself from another time. There seems to be a mechanism in place preventing more elaborate interaction. It is often limited to verbal and brief instances of telepathy. It's very difficult to get a highly detailed message through.
I'm still trying to find a loophole.

This is something I have a hard time accepting. Actually, this is why I began to test "eternity" to begin with. The orthodox says that we will go to "hell" for "eternity", so I reasoned that this means we must have been in hell infinitely in the past, right now, and infinitely in the future. This couldn't be so, because then there would be no moment that I could exist here in the present.

Interacting with the past seems to be paradoxical to me. Perhaps one can see past events that they did not experience themselves, but I do not believe there could be interaction. If I was dying from poison, and went back in time to warn myself, then my past self would not drink the poison. Therefore, in the future, I would have no reason to go back in time to warn myself. That would mean the event never happened.

Sometimes there's a difference between between a revelation from God against what you'll actually see in the future. What you'll see is most likely already set. God may say something different to test people.

I agree with this. I believe the future is set, but that God may show you something that "should under the present situation happen", but the reason He is showing you is because you're supposed to stop it. Look at Jonah. He told the people of Nineveh "Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown." That was what "should" have happened under the situation of their current wickedness. However, God made sure Jonah made it there, and He made sure Jonah did as he was told. So the prophets work wasn't useless, but it was God that ultimately saves everyone.

Maybe because at certain scales, our notion of time begins to break down. Perhaps what they saw are paradoxes of a non-linear time experienced at such scales and energy levels.

Like playing back a badly-damaged VHS tape :)

Are you referring to entanglement? I do not believe time breaks down at the quantum scale. It may be relative to our experience of time, but I do not believe it collapses. Here is a quote from one of the articles about entanglement:

"In standard quantum mechanics, the effect is rationalized as the instantaneous collapse of the particles’ joint probability wave. But in the pilot-wave version of events, an interaction between two particles in a superfluid universe sets them on paths that stay correlated forever because the interaction permanently affects the contours of the superfluid. “As the particles move along, they feel the wave field generated by them in the past and all other particles in the past,” Bush explained. In other words, the ubiquity of the pilot wave “provides a mechanism for accounting for these nonlocal correlations.” Yet an experimental test of droplet entanglement remains a distant goal."

It says in the standard model, the particle-wave collapses. In the Pilot-Wave model, the two particles paths are forever correlated, because they will always move according to every particle and wave interaction of the past.

I think the Shrodinger's Cat is simply an extrapolated virtual reality but not reality itself. Alternate realities don't exist. It is just virtual and real and virtual is analogous to ideas, day dreams, imagination, etc.

The Universe works quite like the human mind/consciousness. Lots of abstract stuff. I won't be surprised if one day, we discover we are all living in someone else's brain. Someone who is an artist, a poet, a philosopher, and a scientist.

The first three words of Genesis says:

"B'reshit bara elohim"

In first prepares gods

John 1:1 says:

"En arche ēn ho logos"

In first was the reason

YHVH says:

"Thus saith YHVH the King of Israel, and his redeemer YHVH of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside (next to) me there is no God (elohim).

I believe you're correct.

Einstein was right. He also had the "gift". It was late in his life when he realized it. Not enough time to play with it.

Einstein is definitely one of my favorite Scientists. If you watch the video of Kaku, he says that Einstein believed criminals were predetermined to commit their crimes, but they should still be punished. Kaku says this like it is ridiculous, but he fails to see that every system of chastisement, whether it be our children or criminals, is based on Cause and Effect. Otherwise, we would have no need to chastise because we would have no reason to believe it would effect the person. I'll have to study up on Einstein's gift. I hadn't heard this before.

I agree, yes, free will is only an illusion at best.

Hell is probably figurative. But I don't think it's a place of eternal torture. There's no use for it. However, the evil will still be deleted. Still the best place to do it with intense heat, like you find in the middle of thermonuclear explosions, quick and painless.

Quite interesting indeed, non-linear time is the answer. Mainstream science has shunned it so far because until now they still don't believe that information can be sent back in time. Perhaps their crazy experiments at CERN and LHC might eventually show them. God Bless to you too!

Like I said, I do not believe information can be sent into the past either. I'm not saying you're wrong, but can you reconcile it with the paradox I left above? Maybe what I wrote isn't a paradox at all, but I can't find a way to understand it.

I believe the "evil" will be deleted as well.

"As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world (Greek: the age).
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; (Greek: all the causes of sin and the practicing of lawlessness)
And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear." Matthew 13:40

"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:21

Thank you friend, this is a fun conversation. God bless you.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

anonymouswho

Jul 28, 2015
✟16,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0