Freemasons - good or evil?

C

crashedman

:scratch: :scratch: :doh:

With me, I tend to put on a covering of black humour in order to conceal the nice affable guy underneath.

Only today I was given the cold shoulder by the moderator of another internet group when I was taking the mickey on my Yahoo! profile out of an advertising slogan that read 'Everytime you touch, God kills a kitten' and some people who perform acts of cruelty because they say 'God told me to do it.'

One lady even threatened to report me to the RSPCA, even though I've never had a history of animal slaughter (apart from having killed flies, cockroaches and mosquitoes).

I don't know, do some people take everything literally?
Just because I might joke about animal cruelty and religious related abuse, it doesn't mean that I am the sort of person who actually perpetrates these acts.

It's like what Boy George once said when everyone quizzed him about him telling the media he preferred a strong cup of tea to sex. He said 'If you believe that, you'll believe anything!' :confused: :confused:

Crashedman

Upvote 0
crashedman said:
I don't know, do some people take everything literally?
Just because I might joke about animal cruelty and religious related abuse, it doesn't mean that I am the sort of person who actually perpetrates these acts.

Crashedman
You know big 'D', there are some things in this world you shouldn't joke about, because it's a bit insensitive, ie; animal cruelty, and religion...oh, and celebrity abortions too hmmm??!! :sigh: You know what I'm talking about.

You need to watch what you type you know, because not everyone on the net can see you are apparently joking about certain things which might hit a nerve, much like that guy who accused you of being a pedophile because you joked about sex with kids or something like that?? I thought you would've learnt by now.

I haven't decided if I'm, glad or not that I know what type of humor you indulge in, although I often wish I could blank those days out.

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

TheListener said:
I know some satanists, and you would think that they are very nice people until you told them you're a Christian.
EH? You know some satanists Listener? Struth mate....listen...sometimes fools can rush in where angels fear to tread. I'd kep my distance there if I were you...like ... uhm ... those people are known to do some pretty weird things to christians so I've heard. You keep away from them!

Upvote 0
V

victorash

Ok I joined the Freemasons because my Father was one and some close friends were also Freemasons and you had to be a Christian and the Bible was always used (I thought ). After I became Freemason a number of doubts began to arise! Why aren’t woman allowed to join? Why is it so secret?
But for me the deciding factor was discovering that the God Freemasons worship depends on where they live, and personal belief. God is referred to as (G.A.O.T.U. Great Architect of the Universe). True Freemasonry teaches all masons can be “saved” it is only necessary to have a belief in a Supreme being, this may be the God worshiped by Hindus, Moslems, Buddhists, Jesus is not necessary for salvation. True Christians are meant to witness to those who do not know Jesus as their saviour, but as a Freemason this is something you are not allowed to do. This is why I left. Have a look at the sites below check what they say about Freemasons is true, then check what the bible says and ask God to tell you the right choice.

http://www.whatismormonism.com/freemasonry/

http://www.ephesians5-11.org/ex_masons_for_jesus/answers.htm

God Bless

Upvote 0

TheListener

Save a cow - eat a vegetarian!
Aug 22, 2004
Sydney
✟11,948.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Bevlina said:
EH? You know some satanists Listener? Struth mate....listen...sometimes fools can rush in where angels fear to tread. I'd kep my distance there if I were you...like ... uhm ... those people are known to do some pretty weird things to christians so I've heard. You keep away from them!
Unfortunately I do have contact with them for reasons I won't go into. Don't worry, I always pray for protection from curses and influences before and after I come into contact with them and so far haven't had any problems.

We have intersting conversations sometimes and so far there has been nothing, no question they threw at me which wasn't already answered in the Bible. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

thejesusfish90

G'day Victor

Ok I joined the Freemasons because my Father was one and some close friends were also Freemasons and you had to be a Christian and the Bible was always used (I thought ). After I became Freemason a number of doubts began to arise! Why aren’t woman allowed to join? Why is it so secret?
But for me the deciding factor was discovering that the God Freemasons worship depends on where they live, and personal belief. God is referred to as (G.A.O.T.U. Great Architect of the Universe). True Freemasonry teaches all masons can be “saved” it is only necessary to have a belief in a Supreme being, this may be the God worshiped by Hindus, Moslems, Buddhists, Jesus is not necessary for salvation. True Christians are meant to witness to those who do not know Jesus as their saviour, but as a Freemason this is something you are not allowed to do. This is why I left. Have a look at the sites below check what they say about Freemasons is true, then check what the bible says and ask God to tell you the right choice.
Praise God that he was able to lead you away from these lies and into the truth that can be found in jesus' death on the cross...Oh and Welcome to the Aussie Forums on CF....Im sure you'll find yourself very at home here and befriended very quickly....:wave:

Your Brother in Christ

Chris

Upvote 0

foursquareman

Ordinary Superhero
May 20, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟8,710.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
TheListener said:
Unfortunately I do have contact with them for reasons I won't go into. Don't worry, I always pray for protection from curses and influences before and after I come into contact with them and so far haven't had any problems.
Just remember, greater is He that is in you :)

Upvote 0
T

thejesusfish90

Just remember, greater is He that is in you :)
Yeah...Def...There are alot of satanists at high schools these days...I find it really scary, considering exactly what they worship, and some of the horrible stuff they do, and alot of them were drawn in by the freak/rebel/scare everyone you know/go against your parents culture...

Oh and Happy Birthday Foursqaureman...:clap::) :clap: :)

YBIC

Chris

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

loribee59

Beautiful hearts and minds makes me swoon! :)
Mar 11, 2003
Keizer, OR
✟23,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Omigosh....to think that I'd want to go THAT far into being this involved with the Masons!

You see...I joined Rainbow for Girls when I was 13 and I remember very well the initiation rites that I went through. I remembered some of the stuff that we do inside our "temple" that was NOT to be shared with the public...secret words, secret signs, etc. They do have Job's Daughters, and DeMolay for boys. My sister, Julie, and my brother Duf were involved with that, as well. We have the Masons for the men, and Eastern Stars for the women.

When I became born again a couple of years after I left Rainbow, I didn't know about the sinister involvement of Masonry until a year after that. At that one point, when my sister was being installed as "Worthy Advisor" I was her guest "Chaplain" to bless her installment. I was very uneasy being there! All this rituals and dressing up to impress, and this secrecy, it was ridiculous.

When my sister and I went to the reunion 5 years ago, I was put off by their clicheness (sic), their snobbiness, there were only a couple of folks who were nice, but overall, I still never felt comfortable. Why I went was because of some of girls that were in Rainbow were there too.

It isn't the people I'm dealing with, it's WHAT they are involved in, is what I have a problem with. They have NO idea of what they're getting into! You ever see a 5 point star? Yep, it's all over the Masons.... turn it around & you have a symbol of Satan (in the shape of a goat)! :eek:

Boy, am I SO glad I'm OUT of it! *whew*

~Lori

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

loribee59 said:
Omigosh....to think that I'd want to go THAT far into being this involved with the Masons!

You see...I joined Rainbow for Girls when I was 13 and I remember very well the initiation rites that I went through. I remembered some of the stuff that we do inside our "temple" that was NOT to be shared with the public...secret words, secret signs, etc. They do have Job's Daughters, and DeMolay for boys. My sister, Julie, and my brother Duf were involved with that, as well. We have the Masons for the men, and Eastern Stars for the women.

When I became born again a couple of years after I left Rainbow, I didn't know about the sinister involvement of Masonry until a year after that. At that one point, when my sister was being installed as "Worthy Advisor" I was her guest "Chaplain" to bless her installment. I was very uneasy being there! All this rituals and dressing up to impress, and this secrecy, it was ridiculous.

When my sister and I went to the reunion 5 years ago, I was put off by their clicheness (sic), their snobbiness, there were only a couple of folks who were nice, but overall, I still never felt comfortable. Why I went was because of some of girls that were in Rainbow were there too.

It isn't the people I'm dealing with, it's WHAT they are involved in, is what I have a problem with. They have NO idea of what they're getting into! You ever see a 5 point star? Yep, it's all over the Masons.... turn it around & you have a symbol of Satan (in the shape of a goat)! :eek:

~Lori
Struth Lori! The things we do as kids huh? I went to a catholic school ("For Lahdies .....!!!) so we never knew about anything like that. But, feel that the Freemason's are a bit over the top in all their secrecy.
We see some going off to lodge with their little black case with some kind of an apron in it. Scary stuff.

Upvote 0
C

crashedman

loribee59 said:

~Lori

Lori,

Not all of them worship the Judeo-Christian god we know as Satan.

In some religious cultures the upside-down pentagram represents the ancient 'horned god' known as Pan, and they do not give their obeisances to Satan even if they might do things that we find reprehensible.

You've got to be *very* careful about generalising non-Christian religions.

Crashedman

Upvote 0

loribee59

Beautiful hearts and minds makes me swoon! :)
Mar 11, 2003
Keizer, OR
✟23,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
crashedman said:
Lori,

Not all of them worship the Judeo-Christian god we know as Satan.

In some religious cultures the upside-down pentagram represents the ancient 'horned god' known as Pan, and they do not give their obeisances to Satan even if they might do things that we find reprehensible.

You've got to be *very* careful about generalising non-Christian religions.

Crashedman

Actually, you'd be surprised just how much of the non-Christian religions have origins from the time of ancient Babylon, which it branches out to modern-day religions we have now. Pan was an ancient Greek god, a horned god that came from Babylon, when Nimrod was its ruler at that time. He wore a horned crown.. and it could be possible that Nimrod was the ancient founder of Masonry. Those Masonic symbols originates from ancient Babylon! Here's a couple of books to read up on if you wish:

http://www.biblebelievers.com/babylon/

And this lady wrote a book about Freemasonry, and some of the Masonic sites shoot it down, saying that she takes things out of context, including the infamous letter by Albert Pike the 33rd Degree Mason about Lucifer.

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/anti-masonry/miller_e/occult_theocrasy.html

One of the Masonic sites tried to do "damage control" with this one (you'll have to scroll down to find that "Luciferien Letter"):

http://members.aol.com/forumlead/Biographies/Freemasonry-albertpike.htm

I, for one, don't really care for them, simply because of the mysteriousness that surrounds it. Before I became a Christian, I thought I had it good. Just after I became a Christian, I started to feel uncomfortable and I had NO idea why I felt that way....and, unbeknownst to me, I started to have the gift of discernment, and that was when I decided to quit Rainbow for good. I just don't like the feeling I had when I go in there. *brrr*

It's not to bash Masonry, but I'm just sharing what I know and what I've experienced nearly 25-30 years ago. I can't tell you can't join the Masons or the Eastern Stars, but I can tell you to use your spiritual gifts to discern things around you, it is the best gift God have given for your protection. :)

~Lori

Upvote 0