Freemasons - good or evil?

C

crashedman

Hi,

What does everyone think about the Masonic order?

Are they all hardworking, benevolent people who support children's charities and care for their elderly in hospitals or are they really a front for an evil, sinister cult involved in murder and conspiracy and using religious tolerance as a means for recruitment?

I've been reading a book aboutthem called the Brotherhood which seems to implicate them as some kind of bestial spiritual group as well as members being sworn to secrecy as to what goes on in their temple and lodges.

Some of the worlds well-known political figures and celebrities are Masons - probably the best known being Prince Philip and President Bush. They claim to be the oldest religion in the world, whereas other information says that they started in England in the late 18th century and spread to America from there.

Hitler apparently tried to put an end to the movement, but was unsuccessful.

Crashedman

Mack

Sep 28, 2004
Badin, NC
✟7,648.00
Faith
Christian
Regarding your question about masons, perhaps a little reading in the book of kings and king soloman would assist you.
King Soloman was the first mason. A cult? not by any stretch of ones imagination. Is not the bible the rule and guide of faith? Consider looking in the bible to find a religion that pertains to: Methodist, Baptist, Presbyterian, etc. You will not find it. Christianity is the religion, based on the biblical teachings.
The foundation of masons is the bible, in and of itself, not the modifications brought about by Methodist, Baptist, etc.

Upvote 0

MadeInOz

Contributor
Jun 7, 2004
Brisbane
✟20,513.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
AU-Labor
Hmmmm... I think there is more to it than what appears on the surface, and is revealed to lower level masons. I have a book at home which was written as an expose of sorts by a very high level mason. It is quite an interesting, and ... frankly scary read.

There is a difference between being a stone mason, and being a free mason... pth...

Upvote 0

Sascha Fitzpatrick

Apr 29, 2004
✟9,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have to get talking to Mum about this - apparently someone in our family was quite high up in the Masons years and years ago, and knew a lot of the 'truth' about masonic beliefs - they aren't the nice little Christianese group they pretend to be. Unfortunately it's only the high ups that really discover this, and by then, it's too late (and too dangerous) to get out.

We had a couple of curses broken off our family that were placed on us by Masons after my relative left.

Sasch

Upvote 0

~*ZEE*~

Senior Veteran
Sep 30, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
✟16,932.00
Faith
Christian
I'm in the midst of a course on Freemasonary at the moment, so after thorough reading, and qualified instruction I can honestly state that the sect is absolutely ungodly (call it evil if you will).

The basis of the Freemason's movement is that all religions can reside in unity (Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Wiccans...you name it), to do so all major world religions are combined to create one huge blasphemic religion.

On the surface it looks like a harmless club where grown men relive their childhood by making harmless pacts in dramatised rituals (the fact that they make a show of being charity friendly helps the innocent facade). But in reality exists the worship of other gods and Satan, blood covenants, sacrifice (in the higher levels) and violent oaths (which, incidentally, bring curses throughout the generations).

Freemasonry is a mixture of all ancient pagan religions - Egyptian, Persian, Assyrian, Babylonian, Greek, Indian, Quasi Jewish etc. Freemasons worship the 'Great Architect of the Universe' or Jah Bul On. Jesus is regarded as 'just another prophet'. The sect presents itself as a priesthood (a false priesthood, might I add!) with priests, prophets, annointing with oil, communion and regalia.

Freemasonry exists from the basis that Kind Solomon, King Hirim of Tyre and his architect Hiram were the first Grand Masters. Hiriam discovered the 'real long lost name of God' (as if God would lose His name!) in a vault hidden under Solomon's temple, this name is Jah Bul On.

Jah = Syrian word for 'lord' or 'powerful'
Bul = Baal as a diety (whose worship focuses on sexuality with sacred harlots)
On = Egyptian God 'father of all' (worshiped by Hindu's and Egyptians)

In the 'name of God' alone it is obvious that this isn't at all a godly faith. It just goes to show, knowing of so many leaders and people who call themselves Christians being a part of the Lodge, how successful Satan is at blinding people who are supposed to be enlightened!

Freemasonry = very ugly.:sick:

• Informative
Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

~*ZEE*~

Senior Veteran
Sep 30, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
✟16,932.00
Faith
Christian
Sascha Fitzpatrick said:
We had a couple of curses broken off our family that were placed on us by Masons after my relative left.
:( I'm glad you found someone to help your family get the better of some of those oaths. It's terrible how many people in my course at the moment are getting a picture of the tragedies in their life through the renouncing of oaths we do. Now they realise why horrible deaths and accidents are occuring in their family, it's all in relation to their ancestors taking ungodly oaths.

What Christian's don't get is that God takes oaths as seriously as He does blessings. We inherit curses, blessings and mantles from our families and where blood oaths and covenants are concerned, in order to break them, they must be renounced and then the blood of Jesus must be applied.

With Freemasonry we're talking some hideous oaths... like "my left breast torn open, my heart plucked out and given as prey to the wild beasts of the fields and fowls of the air" in the event that a Mason reveals the secrets of the Order to an outsider. Such an oath (this is a mere 2nd degree oath!) is sealed by kissing the Bible and attributes to heart attacks, heart disease, breast cancer and even death by animals *insert gross stories here*

The threat of these vows are real...*shudder* But the blood of the Lamb protects, so God has provided away to heal and relinquish His children.

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
Sascha Fitzpatrick said:
I have to get talking to Mum about this - apparently someone in our family was quite high up in the Masons years and years ago, and knew a lot of the 'truth' about masonic beliefs - they aren't the nice little Christianese group they pretend to be. Unfortunately it's only the high ups that really discover this, and by then, it's too late (and too dangerous) to get out.

Sasch
I know exactly what you mean. I had to renounce some of these curses too. Some of the things "prayers" the freemasons do, is pretty gross, it almost made me physically ill.

It is definitely a secret society, there are no windows on the buildings and even the smallest of country towns often have a masonic lodge.

My very basic understanding is they pray to the great architect, who people in the lower levels believe is God, but when they get to the higher levels they find out that it's actually Satan they are praying to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

thejesusfish90

Anytime i see apologetics publications there free masons are alongside other cults....I cant believe they do that sort of stuff!!....My school is really really close to this huge retirement home/lodge they own, and looks so innocent from the offset-you'd never guess that they were like that...but obviously appearances can be decieving...

YBIC

Chris

Upvote 0

Lori-lee

Aug 31, 2004
Perth
✟8,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
AU-Labor
Yes, but so are Christians to outsiders.

Hmm, let's see......exorcisms, wearing a reminder of a hideous torture and death around our necks, being 'slain' in the spirit and hitting the floor, drinking the blood and eating the body of someone (and dont say 'symbolically' coz it isnt to Catholics), speaking in tongues, being married to a spirit at a young age......................

I'm not saying Freemasonry isnt bad, altho if it is, it really must be the top 1%, and all the rest are charitable Christian fellows. What I'm saying is that anything that you aren't used to, or that goes on behind closed doors seems sinister.

And i guess we'll ever really know. I know there a quite a few "i left and here's whats really going on...." type books and stories, but you can't really rely on them either. I don't think that the 'bad' top percenters would reveal sinister and creepy goings-on to someone who was flaky. And somebody who is wronged or upset, may be selective with the truth or perhaps twist it completely. Plus (yes, i can be cynical at times)........there's lots of money for anybody with an 'exclusive' story full of juicy secrets.

Like i said, I'm not denying that some masons 'might' be evil, but, there have been priests who i would call evil and many others somewhere between the 2 who i would call evil. I don't "know" for certain either way, I just worry about how I live my own life. (I would also say that i would never join the masons, but thats not an option, since i dont have the required testosterone level.lol)

Upvote 0
C

crashedman

Lori-lee said:
Yes, but so are Christians to outsiders.

Hmm, let's see......exorcisms, wearing a reminder of a hideous torture and death around our necks, being 'slain' in the spirit and hitting the floor, drinking the blood and eating the body of someone (and dont say 'symbolically' coz it isnt to Catholics), speaking in tongues, being married to a spirit at a young age......................

Yes, this is very scary! I have been 'slain' in the spirit and hit the floor at a church in 1991 and ended up becoming completely deranged with being unable to concentrate at work, hearing voices in my head and convinced that everybody thought I was evil.

Most people do not associate this with Christianity, but rather the work of some occult group putting on a Christian face. Most churches don't do stuff like this, fortunately.

I have no wish to join the Masons either, but they now have a group for women called 'Job's Daughters' and I think the 'Rainbow Order For Girls' is also linked with them too.

Crashedman

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

Bevlina

I have been slain in the spirit too - but it didn't have that impact on me Dario - instead - I drove home as drunk as a skunk! Got lost on a road I know like the back of my hand too! But must say, I had a wonderful sleep afterwards.
Often wonder what would have happened if I'd been put on a breathalyser - because - I had drunk no alcohol. hahaha!! I'll never forget the look on my late husband's face as I floated in the door with the Bible under one arm and a huge bunch of silver beet in the other I'd been given by a friend at church....

But...I do have an Uncle whom I don't know who is very high up in the Freemason's. He sort of initiates people or something.
Don't they ride a goat at the Freemason's meetings?

Upvote 0
C

crashedman

Hi Bevlina,

I have never been to a Mason's meeting before, so I don't know. AFAIK, their meetings range from informal Lodge gatherings to temple worship.

I have a friend whose father is a Mason, and one night he tried to snick into the temple to find out what actually went on there as his dad would never tell him what they were about.

He was greeted at the door by some masked guy in a white robe, armed with a dagger and he yelled "What do *YOU* think you're doing in here??" He just ran for home and never went there again.

Crashedman

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not Australian but here's my take on the topic. I did a short bit of research today about Freemasons and I must conclude that they are not evil. In fact, they do quite a bit of good for society. And the Bible says "you will know them by their fruits" right?

Upvote 0

Eph. 3:20

Aug 19, 2004
Santa Clarita, Ca.
✟778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey Crashed-

This same topic is being discussed in relationship to Masonry/Mormonism at this link

http://christianforums.com/t961651

Joseph Smith was a mason and took the rituals and the symbols and incorporated them into the temple ceremonies and the symbols into the temple architecture. As you will see, the mormon argument is that the symbols have changed meanings now, so a pentagram, upside down stars and all seeing eyes are all accepted as good things now (according to them).

Most of the responders to your post are correct. There is a outer and a inner core. The outer core does the charitable work and puts on the public front while the inner core is into something much darker.

Here's a couple of quotes and a link so you can see for yourself:

"When a Mason learns the key to the warrior on the block is the proper application of the dynamo of living power, he has learned the mystery of his Craft. The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands and before he may step onward and upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply energy." [The Lost Keys To Freemasonry, Manly P. Hall, published by the Macoy Publishing and Masonic Supply Company, Inc., Richmond, Virginia, 1976, p. 48; [Emphasis added]

Another 33rd Degree Freemason, Foster Bailey wrote this...
"The Masonic Movement ... is the custodian of the law; it is the home of the Mysteries, and the seat of initiation.* It holds in it symbolism the ritual of Deity, and the way of salvation is pictorially preserved in its work.* The methods of Deity are demonstrated in its Temples, and under the All-seeing Eye the work can go forward.* It is a far more occult organisation than can be realised, and it is intended to be the training school for the coming advanced occultists." [Bailey, Externalisation of the Hierarchy, p. 511]

Here is the link

http://www.cuttingedge.org/free001a.html

Hope this helps.

Eph. 3:20

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
Holly3278 said:
I'm not Australian but here's my take on the topic. I did a short bit of research today about Freemasons and I must conclude that they are not evil. In fact, they do quite a bit of good for society. And the Bible says "you will know them by their fruits" right?
Yes, it is important to recognise people for their fruits, but sometimes people put on acts of kindness. Some people are deceptive.

Upvote 0