Freemasonry and Christianity

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
For the last time, what claims are you referring to?

Bill (William) Schnoebelen, Ex Vampire, Ex Ninety Degree Freemason, Ex Satanist
6) Bill joined Masonry precisely because he thought it WAS a pagan, occult institution (and it is!) That is perfectly straightforward. He joined it because he had been led to believe by his teachers and his studies that it was a well-spring of occult and esoteric knowledge and power, even though most Masons do not know this.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Bill joined Masonry precisely because he thought it WAS a pagan, occult institution (and it is!) That is perfectly straightforward. He joined it because he had been led to believe by his teachers and his studies that it was a well-spring of occult and esoteric knowledge and power, even though most Masons do not know this.

This is it?

1. He thought it was pagan (and liked that). If so, he was wrong, dead wrong, absolutely wrong.

2. He "had been led to believe" that it was an occult organization. That's also wrong. There is nothing to this claim.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is it?

1. He thought it was pagan (and liked that). If so, he was wrong, dead wrong, absolutely wrong.

2. He "had been led to believe" that it was an occult organization. That's also wrong. There is nothing to this claim.

Do you view Schnebolen as a charlatan or phony?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Do you view Schnebolen as a charlatan or phony?
I couldn't really answer that without studying his book(s) and TV interviews. There could always be other reasons for him to be disseminating false charges against the fraternity.

Upvote 0

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We went to a concert recently, and the opening song contained the lyrics
"Are you on the Square? Are you on the Level?"
Could not help but notice the masonic reference therein.

There are times that I do miss the fellowship and brotherhood of the lodge, but at the same time, understanding how cliquish it is, and how I failed to discover anything mystical or even spiritual, no reason really to try to go back.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Like all human societies, they're populated by humans. ;)

On the one hand, I agree that there are no deeply mystical goings-on, but on the other hand I am often surprised at how the members from all walks of life do speak kindly of all the other members, never really vilify them even when something stupid has been done, and try--at least try--to live up to a higher standard than they had when they came in. And that's to say nothing of the simply heroic charity work that even old men volunteer to do for complete strangers (such as involving the Shriners' hospitals)--without ever calling attention to it.

But I can't deny that each lodge, like each church or civic organization, has different people for members and they can't all be identical. If the lodge you remember was cliquish, I would call that bad luck, but I believe it happens. In fact, I know of some that probably do meet that description in my own neighborhood.

Upvote 0