• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Freedom from OCD!

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think that has helped me a lot is to know that if these were truly my thoughts against the spirit I would be happy and go on and enjoy my life but the fact that they're not mine and that it would even cause the slightest Panic or anxiety proves that it's not mine

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that has helped me a lot is to know that if these were truly my thoughts against the spirit I would be happy and go on and enjoy my life but the fact that they're not mine and that it would even cause the slightest Panic or anxiety proves that it's not mine
Exactly! You're on the right track! So...what can you do today to treat this as OCD? What steps or goals can you create to start moving up out of this?

Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey man I know the Bible quite well I certainly don't claim to know it all but I know it very well sometimes it seems the more you fight the worse it gets sometimes you just have to trust God but it does get very strange the battle is intense especially for me being a preacher the Mind thoughts were okay but it's when they want to come out of my mouth or they do come out of my mouth as if it's some type of compulsion I guess the thoughts came so much and so bad that it begin to try to come out of my mouth as a compulsion well I would say something along the lines of the you know is demonic and then I would put a not the end of it to cancel it out it became a crazy obsession I'm embarrassed to say I still fight this though the fear and everything is alleviated quite a bit because it's been there for so long my mind it's become like a habit to read the word Holy Ghost and feel the feelings I do and hear the thoughts I do deep down I know it's not me but it's all up to God

Just know that you are NOT a lone. ( 1 Corinthians 10:13 )
"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man:..."
There is no new temptation, many people have suffered what you have and won!
You can win against this in the name of JESUS! ( Psalms 18:1-3 )

Just know that this is the highest level satan can go and when you win against this you will be one of the highest levels in the kingdom of GOD.
GOD would NOT let you go through it if you couldn't win.
If you would like to talk more you can email me at 1am3laine2@gmail.com

Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

You should be happy that these voices are NOT yours because if they were then you would be guilty of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit = unforgiveable sin.
( matthew 12:31-32 , mark 3:28-30 , Luke 12:8-10 )
So I'm NOT really understanding what you are saying here in the quote above!!!!!!!!!!

People get blasphemous tourettes saying "F the Holy Spirit" when they are doing jobs, school, exercising, reading etc things that take a lot of mental or physical strength.

Many people who get blasphemous thoughts have to drop school and work if they get TOO loud because you can always get a new job or go to school. You can't get a new spirit.

If you must work or go to school you need the easiest possible work because the MAJORITY of the time you will be speaking against the blasphemous thoughts which will go away over time.
For some people it's months for some it's years.

Upvote 0

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You should be happy that these voices are NOT yours because if they were then you would be guilty of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit = unforgiveable sin.
( matthew 12:31-32 , mark 3:28-30 , Luke 12:8-10 )
So I'm NOT really understanding what you are saying here in the quote above!!!!!!!!!!

People get blasphemous tourettes saying "F the Holy Spirit" when they are doing jobs, school, exercising, reading etc things that take a lot of mental or physical strength.

Many people who get blasphemous thoughts have to drop school and work if they get TOO loud because you can always get a new job or go to school. You can't get a new spirit.

If you must work or go to school you need the easiest possible work because the MAJORITY of the time you will be speaking against the blasphemous thoughts which will go away over time.
For some people it's months for some it's years.
I was just saying that nobody in their right mind would ever want to think these thoughts constantly nonstop against the spirit if they did they would have to be truly sadistic or absolutely beyond God being able to help them. What helps me sometimes is the fact that the thought they produce anxiety if they were truly mine I would think The thoughts and enjoy them and it would not ruin my life at all

Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was just saying that nobody in their right mind would ever want to think these thoughts constantly nonstop against the spirit if they did they would have to be truly sadistic or absolutely beyond God being able to help them. What helps me sometimes is the fact that the thought they produce anxiety if they were truly mine I would think The thoughts and enjoy them and it would not ruin my life at all

Some people start hearing blasphemy against the Holy Spirit right after they spoke against Him. So they hear the thoughts because they have merged with a fallen angel and still don't like them.

Also some people love blaspheming the Holy Spirit because they do it all the time. Like people who took the "Blasphemy Challenge" by the rational response squad. You can also look on youtube under " I deny the Holy Spirit ".
You truly find it's soooooooooooo many crazy unforgiven people in the world!

here are some links below
blasphemy challenge - YouTube
i deny the holy spirit - YouTube

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some people start hearing blasphemy against the Holy Spirit right after they spoke against Him. So they hear the thoughts because they have merged with a fallen angel and still don't like them.

Also some people love blaspheming the Holy Spirit because they do it all the time. Like people who took the "Blasphemy Challenge" by the rational response squad. You can also look on youtube under " I deny the Holy Spirit ".

You are entitled to your opinions and ideas, just please be aware that saying things like this, and posting links like these, can be really triggering and counterproductive for someone with OCD who has an obsession about blaspheming. Obsessive-compulsive disorder is not the same thing as really wanting to blaspheme. People with OCD have the fear of doing something that they never, ever would want to do in the first place. For example, some people with OCD are terrified that they want to stab or sexually molest someone. Do they really want to? No. They are horrified at the thought of doing so, and just feeling like they want to gives them intense amounts of anguish. OCD is about learning to trust your own mind again, to realize the truth - that you don't really want to do those things, and that all the fear and doubts that your mind is sending you is just OCD trying to provoke you to be fearful - because that's how our brains are wired. We are predisposed to anxiety, so if our brains can find something to be anxious about, they do. It's about learning that those thoughts being thrown at us by OCD are NOT true and we don't have to believe them. It can be a confusing and frightening disorder but with the help of God, we can learn to not to believe the thoughts, and to believe the truth once more!

Reactions: fauna
Upvote 0

Subaru17

Apr 4, 2017
Usa
✟21,404.00
Marital Status
Single
Exactly, people don't understand the difference between a spiritual dilemma and a mental health issue. I'm sorry but I refuse to believe that anyone who doesn't want to blaspheme the holyspirit can. And that anyone who feels any guilt at all has blasphemed. I have intrusive thoughts about harming people that I love. Does that mean I'm a sadistic evil person? As long as you try to to treat OCD with spiritual reasoning, you won't get anyway. I tried it didn't work. This is also the OCD forum.....

Upvote 0

Subaru17

Apr 4, 2017
Usa
✟21,404.00
Marital Status
Single

What is the basis of the facts behind this idea of people hearing
Blasphemous thoughts after speaking against the spirit? And merging with a fallen angel etc?

Also, I don't really know how you figure there are so many unforgiven people in the world...is that for you to decide?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Blasphemous thoughts after speaking against the spirit? And merging with a fallen angel etc?

Also, I don't really know how you figure there are so many unforgiven people in the world...is that for you to decide?
Although I agree with you, I don't think this is really a good place to start a debate. Maybe you can pm each other if you want to discuss it. This thread is about dealing with obsessive-compulsive disorder, so let's keep it civil and on topic.

Upvote 0

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know what blaspheming the spirit is it’s a sin of finality ....its calling the Holy Ghost the work of Satan.... and it is unpardonable when it is done maliciously and knowingly.....when somebody does commit this Sin I believe they’re already in a position wear their heart is extremely hard and they hate God...... and where God himself could show up and show them a miracle and they would steal not even want him.....my point I’m making is I love the holy spirit......as most of you say I may have OCD......I do believe the devil himself is playing off maybe a mental illness.......I do believe the root of it is demonic I believe the devil can cause chemical in balance in the brain.......As Christians I do believe we fight the adversary who walks about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour hour and yes he loves to make us think we have blasphemed and sined away our day of grace.......it is distressing to think that I would really want to curse the spirit or have these thoughts ....all I’m saying is mental disorders suck I believe in Jesus and if it were not for him I certainly would have not made it this far praisethe lamb of God......I am a pastor I know the word of God it very well I know how to wage spiritual warfare sometimes I believe God allows things for certain reasons just as he did Job all I’m saying is that mental disorders suck and it’s nice to find others who have been through the same thing that we can comfort one another...........

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
2 Corinthians 1:3-4.........
[3] Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; [4] Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God...........Can I get amen!!!

Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I was trying to show him what true blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is. Because the more the voices stay sometimes they can confuse a person into believing they committed the unpardonable sin.

I was showing these links as references

When a person commits the unpardonable sin they merge with demons that won't go away. ( matthew 12:31-32 , mark 4:28-30, luke 12:8-10)

The more the voices stay the more they can wear a person out. That's why he has to speak against them in the name of JESUS often so they will die down and eventually disappear.

I always feel for people experiencing blasphemous OCD because they have to deal with everyday life and salvation issues because they are in a BATTLE FOR THEIR IMMORTALITY. Because the demons usually inflict some sort of pain via the mind or body to get a person to blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

I said they're so many unforgiven people in the world because it's soooooooooooo many people on youtube who have blasphemed the Holy Spirit which is the unforgiveable sin via the "Blasphemy Challenge".

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2 Corinthians 1:3-4.........
[3] Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; [4] Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God...........Can I get amen!!!
Amen! :) Sometimes it's been hard for me to understand why I have OCD, but I know God is using it to make me stronger, and to help me better understand others who have OCD and who struggle with things in general. Nothing like going through pain ourselves to make us more empathetic. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just wanted to ask a question and see what kind of answers I get here's the question can Satan and or his demons read our minds?

I know people say satan can't read minds but I definitely think he can. ( 2 Corinthians 10:5 ).
Because the imaginations that exalt themselves against the knowledge of GOD do go in our minds so satan does have access.
Some people give satan too much credit while others don't beware of him enough.

Upvote 0

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well the reason I asked is because so many times I would just think on the Holy Spirit or think on something of the Bible and then my mind would perverted or curse it in some ungodly Manor. Even when I first got saved I was reading about the unpardonable sin silently in my head and as soon as I got to that verse I heard a curse word against the spirit the thing is is I did not have my finger on the Bible and I was not reading aloud so either I thought it myself which I know I didn't or else the enemy can read my mind

Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well the reason I asked is because so many times I would just think on the Holy Spirit or think on something of the Bible and then my mind would perverted or curse it in some ungodly Manor. Even when I first got saved I was reading about the unpardonable sin silently in my head and as soon as I got to that verse I heard a curse word against the spirit the thing is is I did not have my finger on the Bible and I was not reading aloud so either I thought it myself which I know I didn't or else the enemy can read my mind

If you would just think on the Holy Spirit and a curse word would come then it is definitely satan's devils in your mind. They can't do that inless they knew what you were thinking.
satan can read and does have access to thought even though some preachers would say no.
People usually think the thoughts could be them but trust me there under demon attack.
The only thoughts that are yours are the ones you agree to.
How has your mind been today? Have you been reading psalms 18?

I'm sure some people can even argue in their mind against the voices with their own thoughts while the demons scream blasphemes against the Holy Spirit at the same time in their mind. So it's like tens/hundreds/thousands of voices arguing at the same time in the mind so then they realize those voices aren't them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have read Psalms 18 as I have so many times before but I read it very carefully and slowly so I know God's going to deliver me. Another question along with the thoughts I even have feelings and voices that seem to say I agree with the thought well as what I think to myself surely I don't agree with this nonsense a feeling comes over me so real that almost makes me believe as if I do agree with the thoughts so I know the powers of Satan must be so real to where you cannot even distinguish but I know that God is able to keep me from falling but yes I love Psalms 18 I know all about the sorrows of Hell come passing me about but yet Jesus has delivered me a calvary's cross

Upvote 0