• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Freedom from OCD!

JesusIneedYou

Jan 13, 2016
Colorado Springs
✟8,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
wh
I was free of OCD, those intrusive thoughts that come like repeating themselves over and over and we think those are our thoughts and scares us because we think we are the ones thinking that stuff and usually is very disturbing ideas the content of those thoughts, and are against what we want.

But i can't share my testimony here, which i find annoying, because of forum rules.

God can free us of those chains like the OP said!

why cant you share it i would love to hear it? this is exactly what i go through, think the thoughts are me and i try to control them trying to change them to positive :((((((( I now give the thoughts to JESUS <3333333333

Reactions: NBB
Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,I want to ask you some questions,can you give me a private message please? I don’t know how to use this site :))
If you need help with OCD, feel free to pm me as well. (Or request me to pm if you don't know how. :) )

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
wh

why cant you share it i would love to hear it? this is exactly what i go through, think the thoughts are me and i try to control them trying to change them to positive :((((((( I now give the thoughts to JESUS <3333333333
Are you getting any sort of help for your OCD? It is highly treatable, and for some people medications and/or therapy can help. I've never done either, but I've learned how to treat the thoughts and it helps a lot.

Upvote 0

MeganO

Jan 5, 2019
Ohio
✟15,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Fauna I have ocd severe ocd I have blasphemous thoughs toward the Holy Spirit and I was fight it by saying I refuse to call the Holy Spirit the devil and I was so mad at him and confused and have ocd I said He is by accident or I am not sure if it was by accident because my ocd makes things confusing can be forgiven??????????
I dont think God will never

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fauna I have ocd severe ocd I have blasphemous thoughs toward the Holy Spirit and I was fight it by saying I refuse to call the Holy Spirit the devil and I was so mad at him and confused and have ocd I said He is by accident or I am not sure if it was by accident because my ocd makes things confusing can be forgiven??????????
I dont think God will never
There is hope! Many many Christians with OCD get hung up on this particular obsession, but as with any obsession there is hope for overcoming it. First may I ask, are you getting any professional help for your OCD?

Upvote 0

JesusisKing77

Jan 3, 2019
Texas
✟9,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,I’m going through the same thing you are and I’m desperate for help ,are you still active on the forums I really want some peace and to talk to somebody that has gone trough this I feel i am beyond forgiveness and God just won’t accept me anymore that he left me alone by myself,I’m afraid :(

Upvote 0

JesusisKing77

Jan 3, 2019
Texas
✟9,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is hope! Many many Christians with OCD get hung up on this particular obsession, but as with any obsession there is hope for overcoming it. First may I ask, are you getting any professional help for your OCD?
I’m so confused and afraid,how did you overcome this fear ?

Upvote 0

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I love the Lord so much but I'm so confused as five years ago silly little Blasphemous thoughts filled my mind as fear of the unpardonable sin try to come against me I've been saved almost four or five years prior to this so from October 2013 until now I just don't understand I've not given up but it's hard my mind is constantly thinking ungodly things against the holy spirit it's almost as if my brain is accustomed to him it's like my brain wants them there it's like a part of me wants to think then it's so crazy and confusing been raised in church all my life truly gave my heart to Christ in 2009 can somebody please tell me that they know and can relate I mean no matter what I read what I talk about what I do regarding Christ his were his Spirit my brain immediately curses it then it adds on to it constantly cursing and cursin I have severe derealization and depersonalization from this anxiety so bad I went to the hospital even called the EMS constantly feeling numb to Jesus scared that you're the one thinking the thoughts which it feels that way now after 5 years it's like I can't live without them but the real me hates them everyday my mind is constantly cursing conjuring up thoughts it's crazy I love the Lord but I just wish it could be like when I first got savedcan somebody please tell me they can relate the anxiety the fear going crazy I'll wake up to Blasphemous thoughts then I feel like I'm going to lose my mind nothing's real I'm falling down a black hole everyday I feel like I've lost the old me I don't know how to get me back these thoughts have ruined my life ruined my mind I tried to ignore them but it's like they've been there so long my mind doesn't know what life is without them it's crazyI know God's there I believe in God I'm not some reprobate atheist that hates God or at least I don't want to be that somebody please help me this sucks

Upvote 0

JesusisKing77

Jan 3, 2019
Texas
✟9,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I love the Lord so much but I'm so confused as five years ago silly little Blasphemous thoughts filled my mind as fear of the unpardonable sin try to come against me I've been saved almost four or five years prior to this so from October 2013 until now I just don't understand I've not given up but it's hard my mind is constantly thinking ungodly things against the holy spirit it's almost as if my brain is accustomed to him it's like my brain wants them there it's like a part of me wants to think then it's so crazy and confusing been raised in church all my life truly gave my heart to Christ in 2009 can somebody please tell me that they know and can relate I mean no matter what I read what I talk about what I do regarding Christ his were his Spirit my brain immediately curses it then it adds on to it constantly cursing and cursin I have severe derealization and depersonalization from this anxiety so bad I went to the hospital even called the EMS constantly feeling numb to Jesus scared that you're the one thinking the thoughts which it feels that way now after 5 years it's like I can't live without them but the real me hates them everyday my mind is constantly cursing conjuring up thoughts it's crazy I love the Lord but I just wish it could be like when I first got savedcan somebody please tell me they can relate the anxiety the fear going crazy I'll wake up to Blasphemous thoughts then I feel like I'm going to lose my mind nothing's real I'm falling down a black hole everyday I feel like I've lost the old me I don't know how to get me back these thoughts have ruined my life ruined my mind I tried to ignore them but it's like they've been there so long my mind doesn't know what life is without them it's crazyI know God's there I believe in God I'm not some reprobate atheist that hates God or at least I don't want to be that somebody please help me this sucks
Some say that sin is unbelief ,or that if your worried you’ve committed it then you probably haven’t done it,i struggle with the same toughts,you probably keep thinking those toughts because your used to them,your brain is accustomed to them.Theres a doctor named Caroline leaf that says the toughts we have are made physically in the brain so that’s why their so hard to get rid of I think,because they are physically there,I think that the LORD knows your toughts and that you don’t mean them,He knows your heart ,a verse that keeps me goin is John 16:33 In this world you will have trouble but take heart! I have overcome the world.

Upvote 0

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Some say that sin is unbelief ,or that if your worried you’ve committed it then you probably haven’t done it,i struggle with the same toughts,you probably keep thinking those toughts because your used to them,your brain is accustomed to them.Theres a doctor named Caroline leaf that says the toughts we have are made physically in the brain so that’s why their so hard to get rid of I think,because they are physically there,I think that the LORD knows your toughts and that you don’t mean them,He knows your heart ,a verse that keeps me goin is John 16:33 In this world you will have trouble but take heart! I have overcome the world.
I just hate the 24 feeling of melancholy derealisation and door depersonalization maybe I stressed for so long that my body has just shut down

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusisKing77

Jan 3, 2019
Texas
✟9,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m so confused and afraid,how did you overcome this fear ?
Sorry for my late reply. I don't remember if I've actually had the specific theme of blaspheming or not, but I know many many people with OCD have. In a nutshell, the key to getting out of the OCD cycle is to stop playing in it. The way OCD works is that it sends you a thought it knows will scare you - e.g. "What if I committed the unpardonable sin?" or it sends you a blasphemous thought and makes you think you want to think it. This is all in the hopes that you will freak out. "Normal" people use their common sense and filter such a thought out, knowing that the odds of it being true are slim. Those of us with OCD get stuck on such a thought, being afraid that it is true. The more we don't want it to be true, the more thoughts our OCD sadistically sends to us. So, the key to getting out of the cycle is to stop doing our compulsions, whatever those may be. For a blasphemous thought, it may be trying to block the thought or cancel it out, by doing a physical action or some sort of mental "action." Other common compulsions include asking for reassurance and researching, trying to "figure out" if we have done some bad thing or would actually want to do it. Our job is to sidestep the OCD by NOT doing these compulsions. This is very very hard because the compulsions provide short-term relief: "Do this and you'll feel better." But we never do feel better, because the OCD always finds another angle from which to torment us. So we have to basically "give up" trying to feel better. We recognize that the thoughts we are having are meaningless things our brain is throwing at us, and that we do not want them even though we feel like we do. Then we start acting as if the thoughts are meaningless, by ignoring them and refusing to do our compulsions. If we persevere in this, our brains gradually get the message that we are NOT listening to the anxiety signals it's sending us, and it begins sending us fewer thoughts. It's a tough process, but it really works and is so worth it. There's a lot more I could say about this, but I'll stop for now. Feel free to pm me anytime, and also to join "Christianity and Anxiety Disorders" Facebook group if you want more support. I'll also provide links to some of my favorite resources below:
http://ocdandchristianity.com/
Welcome
https://noiseinyourhead.com/free-video-series/
https://www.ocdonline.com/

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What strategies are you using to deal with the OCD? Also see my response to JesusisKing above.

Upvote 0

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What strategies are you using to deal with the OCD? Also see my response to JesusisKing above.
honestly after 5 years I'm to the point now I've tried to just let it go and totally trust God what makes it worse is the feelings I now have their opposite to that which I want and they're so convincing.......after doing literally a trillion compulsions to relieve the anxiety which was stupid to begin with now I'm having a battle trying to stop compulsions they're almost habitual or automatic or a habit but yes this theme is very distressing because now it has feelings with it that made me feel that it's what I believe and what I want it's crazy but like I said I'm letting it go sometimes I'll catch myself doing compulsions without knowing it or even thinking Blasphemous thoughts without knowing it it's a hard battle.......I literally feel like something has control over my mind and vocal chords I feel possessed which I know is totally untrue but that's just the way you feel

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, having deep-rooted OCD can be really hard, and it's difficult to move forward despite our feelings. The good thing is that even though OCD can affect our thoughts and emotions, it does not have to control our actions. I pray that you will continue to experience victory over your OCD.

Upvote 0

zachariahjosephturner

Jesus saves
Sep 8, 2014
✟60,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, having deep-rooted OCD can be really hard, and it's difficult to move forward despite our feelings. The good thing is that even though OCD can affect our thoughts and emotions, it does not have to control our actions. I pray that you will continue to experience victory over your OCD.
yes it's silly feelings so strong making me believe I love and cherish the thoughts and would rather think thetm then what I should be thinking........ I can handle the thoughts but the feelings they're just a monster feeling hatred and disgust and weird feelings towards the Holy Spirit of that when it happens drive you absolutely insane can OCD do that I hate hate hate those feelings!!!!!!but I would not even be sitting here and have made it this far we're not for Jesus

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
yes it's silly feelings so strong making me believe I love and cherish the thoughts and would rather think thetm then what I should be thinking........ I can handle the thoughts but the feelings they're just a monster feeling hatred and disgust and weird feelings towards the Holy Spirit of that when it happens drive you absolutely insane can OCD do that I hate hate hate those feelings!!!!!!but I would not even be sitting here and have made it this far we're not for Jesus
Yes, that's exactly what OCD does! What resources do you have for learning about and growing over OCD? Professional help, books/websites, support groups?

Upvote 0

JesusisKing77

Jan 3, 2019
Texas
✟9,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry for my late reply. I don't remember if I've actually had the specific theme of blaspheming or not, but I know many many people with OCD have. In a nutshell, the key to getting out of the OCD cycle is to stop playing in it. The way OCD works is that it sends you a thought it knows will scare you - e.g. "What if I committed the unpardonable sin?" or it sends you a blasphemous thought and makes you think you want to think it. This is all in the hopes that you will freak out. "Normal" people use their common sense and filter such a thought out, knowing that the odds of it being true are slim. Those of us with OCD get stuck on such a thought, being afraid that it is true. The more we don't want it to be true, the more thoughts our OCD sadistically sends to us. So, the key to getting out of the cycle is to stop doing our compulsions, whatever those may be. For a blasphemous thought, it may be trying to block the thought or cancel it out, by doing a physical action or some sort of mental "action." Other common compulsions include asking for reassurance and researching, trying to "figure out" if we have done some bad thing or would actually want to do it. Our job is to sidestep the OCD by NOT doing these compulsions. This is very very hard because the compulsions provide short-term relief: "Do this and you'll feel better." But we never do feel better, because the OCD always finds another angle from which to torment us. So we have to basically "give up" trying to feel better. We recognize that the thoughts we are having are meaningless things our brain is throwing at us, and that we do not want them even though we feel like we do. Then we start acting as if the thoughts are meaningless, by ignoring them and refusing to do our compulsions. If we persevere in this, our brains gradually get the message that we are NOT listening to the anxiety signals it's sending us, and it begins sending us fewer thoughts. It's a tough process, but it really works and is so worth it. There's a lot more I could say about this, but I'll stop for now. Feel free to pm me anytime, and also to join "Christianity and Anxiety Disorders" Facebook group if you want more support. I'll also provide links to some of my favorite resources below:
http://ocdandchristianity.com/
Welcome
https://noiseinyourhead.com/free-video-series/
https://www.ocdonline.com/
Thank you so much for the advice and links,I started to do say no the the compulsions and it has worked for a while,then of course it gets worse but I’m working on it,the hard part is it feels like I’m rebelling against God Himself,like It’s His will to have me like this,fearing Him so that I would obey His every command and never break a rule or sin,and if I do He will cut me off,the rational part of me knows that’s not true ,but at the same time it just feels so real,I’m just scared of God,I want to go back how it was before ,me and Him now it’s I do this and don’t do that then I can come to me,otherwise it’s all I’m vain :( also thank you for linkin those websites :)I’ve seen the ocd and Christianity and I’ve been surprised with how many famous past Christians have struggled with this disease:)and a lot of modern day believers too,I’m the Bible there is a verse explaining how we should come as a community and we’ll talk about our problems ,I don’t remember but it’s in the New Testament how beautiful :)

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you so much for the advice and links,I started to do say no the the compulsions and it has worked for a while,then of course it gets worse but I’m working on it,the hard part is it feels like I’m rebelling against God Himself,like It’s His will to have me like this,fearing Him so that I would obey His every command and never break a rule or sin,and if I do He will cut me off,the rational part of me knows that’s not true ,but at the same time it just feels so real,I’m just scared of God,I want to go back how it was before ,me and Him now it’s I do this and don’t do that then I can come to me,otherwise it’s all I’m vain :( also thank you for linkin those websites :)I’ve seen the ocd and Christianity and I’ve been surprised with how many famous past Christians have struggled with this disease:)and a lot of modern day believers too,I’m the Bible there is a verse explaining how we should come as a community and we’ll talk about our problems ,I don’t remember but it’s in the New Testament how beautiful :)
Yes, saying no to OCD is always scary, but it's worth it in the end!! :)

Upvote 0