Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Carlson freely admits that his job is to editorialize and give opinion. I find his observations more persuasive than news presented on several channels, including that of Fox itself.
Certainly. That is the nature of his program. And there's nothing unusual about it.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Certainly. That is the nature of his program. And there's nothing unusual about it.

True, sadly so many people gain their perspective and opinions based solely on the biased skewed opinions of such. There is a good reason that a judge essentially ruled that carlson (and I'm sure many others left and right) are not credible sources .. and that was also the fox news defense. It is simply the times we live in where credible sources are dismissed and people choose to be spoon-fed from their biased infused desserts...

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
True, sadly so many people gain their perspective and opinions based solely on the biased skewed opinions of such. There is a good reason that a judge essentially ruled that carlson (and I'm sure many others left and right) are not credible sources .. and that was also the fox news defense. It is simply the times we live in where credible sources are dismissed and people choose to be spoon-fed from their biased infused desserts...
...and the ones whose views we disagree with we call biased and not credible, while we laud the ones whose views we do like as credible and unbiased. Yes, I know.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...and the ones whose views we disagree with we call biased and not credible, while we laud the ones whose views we do like as credible and unbiased. Yes, I know.

Perhaps, or one can choose not to get involved with commitment to some pundit personality. One can take the brute facts give consideration to the patterns of behavior, past rhetoric, and note various other factors to arrive at a considered conclusion. One can choose to research issues with a bit more depth, often finding that the attributed statements and slant of such were taken out of context, cherry picked/quote mined, twisted, and such for the promotion of that bias.

You may "laud" the personality that is attuned to your bias...but not everyone does. There exist any number of legitimate sources that are rated high quality and least biased... I'm not going to look up various examples but here is one of hannity, perhaps overall worse than others:

(60) Sean Hannity caught in a blatant lie - YouTube

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps, or one can choose not to get involved with commitment to some pundit personality. One can take the brute facts give consideration to the patterns of behavior, past rhetoric, and note various other factors to arrive at a considered conclusion. One can choose to research issues with a bit more depth, often finding that the attributed statements and slant of such were taken out of context, cherry picked/quote mined, twisted, and such for the promotion of that bias.
Sure. That would be the ideal, but in the post I replied to, it looked to me that the comments were not meant as generalizations.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sure. That would be the ideal, but in the post I replied to, it looked to me that the comments were not meant as generalizations.

Fair enough, I was simply suggesting that reliance on any pundits, political entertainers, and such is part of the undoing of an informed citizenry. Perhaps, we can agree on that....

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
People watch too many political pundits, whether they are Fox pundits, CNN pundits, MSNBC pundits or others. Most don't tell listeners the facts but instead twist the facts to lead people like the Pied Piper.

CNN does a great job telling the facts. Apparent liberal bias on that channel is still factual, unlike Fox and OAN intentionally spreading stupid lies.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Nine of Spades

♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤
Nov 13, 2020
Texas
✟28,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
‘Tucker Carlson Tonight’ Draws Record 4.3 Million Viewers In 2Q – Deadline

News

Fox News Channel’s Tucker Carlson Tonight drew a record 4.331 million viewers in the second quarter and 791,000 in the 25-54 demo, making it the number one program in all of cable news among both total viewers and demo for the first time since launch, according to the network and Nielsen Media Research. This comes as Fox News Channel wrapped the second quarter of 2020 with the largest audience in network history in both total day and primetime, Nielsen says.

Tucker Carlson is a reputable, astute journalist who isn’t afraid of being politically incorrect, nor does he fear being reprimanded by all those woke leftists who want to hurt people with whom they disagree. Our country needs more reporters like Carlson who tell it like it is.

• Agree
Reactions: seaofsand
Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Tucker Carlson is a reputable, astute journalist who isn’t afraid of being politically incorrect, nor does he fear being reprimanded by all those woke leftists who want to hurt people with whom they disagree. Our country needs more reporters like Carlson who tell it like it is.

The people who pay Carlson’s salary , even they don’t believe what comes out of his mouth.

You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers

• Winner
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Quasiblogo

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2007
Continental U.S.
✟972,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The execs know that the advertisers know that avid viewers of his are in agreement with large swaths of what he says. And when not, I’m grateful that he is exercising his freedom of press/speech right to be heard or ignored.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums