FOX news confirms that Trump disparaged veterans ...

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...from The Atlantic article

I’ve asked numerous general officers over the past year for their analysis of Trump’s seeming contempt for military service. They offer a number of explanations.

Yet another, related, explanation concerns what appears to be Trump’s pathological fear of appearing to look like a “sucker” himself. His capacious definition of sucker includes those who lose their lives in service to their country, as well as those who are taken prisoner, or are wounded in battle. “He has a lot of fear,” one officer with firsthand knowledge of Trump’s views said. “He doesn’t see the heroism in fighting.” Several observers told me that Trump is deeply anxious about dying or being disfigured, and this worry manifests itself as disgust for those who have suffered.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or being physically attacked and injured, your family threatened and property vandalized. All that can and has happened in addition to one's employment being deliberately sabotaged.
Once Trump is out of office, things will return to normal ...

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And we haven't established that any of it is true. There's no particular reason to think it is but there are several reasons for thinking it's not.

That's why the discussion turned to what a candidate is best off doing when he is attacked like this.

There is every reason to this this is true -- his treatment of John McCain starting back in 2015, when Trump claimed he liked "people who weren't captured." Thinking that those that are captured or killed in action are "losers" seems to fit with that mindset.

The issue here, to me, seems to be that the comments in France seem to still be unverified -- it seems to be only the Atlantic who is claiming it. I'm not sure if that is because there weren't many staffers in the room at the time, and it comes from John Kelly (who as Chief of Staff often would be alone with Trump) or just is an exaggeration -- though it has been verified that Trump did not attend because he did not want to go, not to any logistical issue.

The issue for you, several sources (such as the Washington Post and Fox News) have independently verified the comments at Arlington National Cemetery. The other issue is Trump destroys his own credibility denying these claims when, in the middle of his Tweet storms, he denies the comments he is on tape making about John McCain. Again, these type of comments fit in perfectly, and so seem to be very believable, with some of the comments he made while trying to denigrate Sen. McCain.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, he's guilty of it even if he is not guilty of it. I'm not completely surprised that this finally came out.
He was already guilty of it (i.e. John McCain, Gen. Kelly's son).

This are just new incidents being reported ...

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Once Trump is out of office, things will return to normal ...
I'm almost certain that that will not happen.

These people live for the conflict. But having tasted of victory, they will simply redirect their acts of violence and intimidation against a wider range of chosen enemies.

• Winner
Reactions: Searching1God
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm almost certain that that will not happen.

These people live for the conflict. But having tasted of victory, they will simply redirect their acts of violence and intimidation against a wider range of chosen enemies.
Sounds more like the Tea Party ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
He’s having a twitter meltdown over this. It really hit a nerve!
100% - and you can tell it hit a nerve with his followers just by their posts in this thread. Meltdown is exactly the right word.

Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Something has to be done about all these news articles that won't put a name on their sources. In the past it was OK because news organizations always verified what was said before publishing. Now they just run with a statement as fact.
It's called smear piece and it's been their favorite tactic in the past years.

They rely on most people not really reading the fine prints but running away with the titles.

• Agree
Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Typical smear piece of yellow journalism. The title of the link does not match what's inside the article, which clearly states

...claimed the president referred to American World War I veterans buried in France's Aisne-Marne American Cemetery, as "losers" and "suckers" back in 2018, a claim which Griffin admitted she had not confirmed.

Don't believe me, see for yourself, take the time to click on the link and actually read the article.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Typical smear piece of yellow journalism. The title of the link does not match what's inside the article, which clearly states

...claimed the president referred to American World War I veterans buried in France's Aisne-Marne American Cemetery, as "losers" and "suckers" back in 2018, a claim which Griffin admitted she had not confirmed.

Don't believe me, see for yourself, take the time to click on the link and actually read the article.
If he works it right, he can get just the people who meet with his approval hired at all major news outlets, that way he won’t have to have any “bad press”.
Winning!

Upvote 0

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If he works it right, he can get just the people who meet with his approval hired at all major news outlets, that way he won’t have to have any “bad press”.
Winning!
No.

We need to have journalists that are impartial and who have enough integrity to report fact based news, instead of becoming gossip columnists who are giving "tea" based on unnamed sources.

Upvote 0