FOX news confirms that Trump disparaged veterans ...

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The cartoonists are having a field day.
unknown loser.jpg

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, he's guilty of it even if he is not guilty of it. I'm not completely surprised that this finally came out.
If he admitted to it the only shocking thing would be that he had the integrity to come clean.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In case you haven't figgered it out not all "leaks" are true....
The thing is, if it’s not true, why would Trump assume the info came from someone close to him? I’m just speculating. His complete meltdown on Twitter yesterday also points to this being true.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Kelly, being the way more honorable of the two....
AND Trump is likely freaking out because he fears losing more military votes. Then he goes on a mean tirade against a 4 star general. SMART!

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
AND Trump is likely freaking out because he fears losing more military votes. Then he goes on a mean tirade against a 4 star general. SMART!
When you're the object of a big and pre-planned lie that's sprung in the middle of a campaign, you're going to be upset. It doesn't really matter who the candidate is.

Reactions: Searching1God
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When you're the object of a big and pre-planned lie that's sprung in the middle of a campaign, you're going to be upset. It doesn't really matter who the candidate is.
Being upset is understandable. Bringing even more attention to the lie by tweeting about it 20 times in a day is just stupid. Successful leaders know that when the enemy ridicules you with something untrue, ignoring it is the best strategy. Giving it attention shows they “got” to you.

Isn’t there an illustrated “art of war for dummies“ they can give him?

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To be fair I have listened to several Republicans that voted for him and are sorry that they did. What they say is that they thought he was putting on a show, it wasn't how he really is and that he would be different when he was elected.
I didn't vote for Trump. But I thought he was putting on an act. Nobody could be that horrible or wrong.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Being upset is understandable. Bringing even more attention to the lie by tweeting about it 20 times in a day is just stupid.
That's possibly so, but as others have noted the candidate, any candidate, is on the horns of a dilemma when this happens to him. If he brushes it off and offers no defense, he is sure to be accused of verifying the charges since it will be said that "he couldn't refute what was charged."

Successful leaders know that when the enemy ridicules you with something untrue, ignoring it is the best strategy. Giving it attention shows they “got” to you.
Maybe with other kinds of leadership, but usually not in the case of election campaigns. However, I'm open to being proven wrong if you can think of a few cases in which some bombshell of an accusation was sprung on a presidential candidate and he did just brush it off and benefit from having taken that course of action.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's possibly so, but as others have noted the candidate, any candidate, is on the horns of a dilemma when this happens to him. If he brushes it off and offers no defense, he is sure to be accused of verifying the charges since it will be said that "he couldn't refute what was charged."
. You let others refute it. For instance, a bunch of ppl tweeted in his support. He didn’t have to retweet all of those.

Maybe with other kinds of leadership, but usually not in the case of election campaigns. However, I'm open to being proven wrong if you can think of a case where some bombshell of an accusation was sprung on a presidential candidate and he did just brush it off and benefit from having taken that course of action.
I’ll go as far as to say that the norm is for politicians to brush it off and let others come to their defense. You don’t see Joe Biden tweeting about not being sleepy. Obama sustained all kinds of attacks, the birther conspiracy being the most prominent, without stooping to indulge them. Hillary ignored all kinds of attacks.
Let’s be real - do you think that Trump gathered his smartest advisors to come up with the best strategy for responding to this accusation, and they chose the strategy of Trump tweetbombing us for 5 hours? That was no strategy, that was pure emotional impulse. Politics is war, and in war the lack of discipline and strategy will kill you.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
  • Haha
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
. You let others refute it. For instance, a bunch of ppl tweeted in his support. He didn’t have to retweet all of those.
I agree with the part about tweets, but if the accused says nothing significant in his own defense, he usually is still subject to being thought guilty.

And then, look what the opposition does with those other people who spoke up and said something that did not confirm the charges--John Bolton, in this case, who only a month ago was hailed by the same folks as a paragon of truth, unimpeachable, and so on? You know.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,231.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
We’ve established that it’s a lie? Do you have a link to that evidence? I have a few friends reposting this story, but since you’re saying that it’s in fact lies, I’ll have to let them know...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, at least it’s Americans who are “interfering with our elections” this time.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Oh, ok. So we haven’t established that any of this is a lie. Gotcha.
And we haven't established that any of it is true. There's no particular reason to think it is but there are several reasons for thinking it's not.

That's why the discussion turned to what a candidate is best off doing when he is attacked like this.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,231.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
And we haven't established that any of it is true. There's no particular reason to think it is but there are several reasons for thinking it's not.

That's why the discussion turned to what a candidate is best off doing when he is attacked like this.
Why is there no particular reason to think that it’s true?

• Optimistic
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0