United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NCDC: Climate of 2009 - May Global Analysis

People can rationally argue about the relative contributions of man-made versus natural causes of global warming, but it still seems irrational to argue that global warming isn't happening....

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
62 and rain in Utah today. I gotcher global warming right here buddy.
So? In my hometown, it's been unseasonably dry and quite warm.
What is your point? BEcause where you live it isn't warmer, then clearly the rest of the earth could never be experiencing global warming? Seems more than a bit self centred.

Only the fourth warmest around the globe? Well, if the other three years occurred recently then obviously the globe MUST be cooling. Fourth? Please.

...sigh

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hmm. Let's try something easier. After looking at this graph (see combined land and ocean bargraph) and see that it is indeed the fourth highest average temperature on the chart?

glob-may-pg.gif

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And every Kool-aid drinker knows that IPCC politicians = scientists

I'm not asking whether the warming trend is man-made or a natural cycle. Can we at least agree that global warming is indeed happening?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DieHappy

and I am A W E S O M E !!
Jul 31, 2005
✟26,607.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yay!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I like the idea a livable Antarctica. Think of all the real estate!

Indeed. Since humans can't survive north or south of the 20 degree latitudes without shelters and clothing, I wonder what the "correct" temperature of the earth should be.

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not. It's not. It's not. Gee, this is fun.

I'm just trying to get a sense of the level of denial that is taking place. Thanks for anchoring one end of the continua.

Upvote 0
Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says

But by all means, let's pass Cap and Trade so we can destroy industries and the personal fiscal wealth of every single citizen. By Obama's own words Gateway Pundit: Obama Admits Cap & Trade Will Cause Electricity Rates to Skyrocket (Video)

Stop the insanity. For God's sake.

GE owns MSNBC "go green" and is positioned to win huge from Obama's plans. So strange they are also the administration's loudest cheerleader.

I know there are smart people out there willing to set aside party politics and engage their minds. Go on Democrats, be smart, think about the truth and the ramifications of what is in our future if we act precipitously.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saving Hawaii

Sep 6, 2008
Chico, CA
✟5,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe the Earth is warming, I also believe the earth is cooling at times.

Nobody disagrees with that. Climate scientists are well aware that there are plenty of natural forcings that cause these sorts of warming and cooling events. The current warming trend is taking place at an unusually quick rate and is almost certainly a result of anthropogenic forcing (especially since some of the major natural forcings indicate that we should be experiencing some cooling right now).

As someone else said, 4th warmest, means 3 others happened before. Might we know when the other 3 happened? 2-4yrs ago? Or hundreds of years ago?

All four are within the past eleven years.

Upvote 0

Saving Hawaii

Sep 6, 2008
Chico, CA
✟5,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Reading the entire article you posted is usually in your best interest my friend. Is it not telling that you're citing a scientist who completely dismisses the greenhouse effect, even though the Earth's significant greenhouse effect is the only reason this planet isn't a ball of ice (much like Mars)?

To speak to the Martian warming trend though, this isn't something especially exciting and it's been addressed and explained in scientific literature as being largely a result of Mars' inconsistent albedo (reflectivity if you want to call it that). You're aware that Mars is well known for its large dust storms that have a tendency to reshape the Martian landscape, no? These storms rearrange soil and in doing so sometimes make the planet a lighter or darker planet which is going to change how much energy it absorbs and how much is reflected back into space. This process feeds back into itself further reducing albedo until you have a planet wide storm that settles dust everywhere and you're back to the start.

Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says

But by all means, let's pass Cap and Trade so we can destroy industries and the personal fiscal wealth of every single citizen. By Obama's own words Gateway Pundit: Obama Admits Cap & Trade Will Cause Electricity Rates to Skyrocket (Video)

Stop the insanity. For God's sake.

GE owns MSNBC "go green" and is positioned to win huge from Obama's plans. So strange they are also the administration's loudest cheerleader.

I know there are smart people out there willing to set aside party politics and engage their minds. Go on Democrats, be smart, think about the truth and the ramifications of what is in our future if we act precipitously.

What concerns me is the willingness of Republicans to simply dismiss science because they're unwilling to admit that they were wrong in the first place. How ideological and fearful of truth do you have to be to get to that point?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
IPCC politicians = scientists
What does that even mean and what is it based on?

As someone else said, 4th warmest, means 3 others happened before. Might we know when the other 3 happened? 2-4yrs ago? Or hundreds of years ago?
I stated that. But I was being facetious.

What you appear to be doing is taking a stance against any action that a company undertakes to become more environmentally conscious. You complain about GE and MSNBC, but heck, there is no reason why every organization in the States should not try to position themselves in a way to benefit from more a business environment that emphasizes green technology.
Make the investment.

Upvote 0

Shadowfax503

Jan 15, 2008
Near "Four score and seven years ago" Pennsylvania
✟8,565.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I still do not understand the big deal about Global Warming.
Hasn't science shown that there were more animals and plants around back in the "warmer" dinosaur age than now? If that is the case then the way I see it is Global Warming is the best thing that has happened for the planet in a long time.

Upvote 0