In the Norse Lands
✟54,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Dude, what is with all this political correctness? First you allowed atheists to come on every forum, now you have taken Christian name out of the forums. That is like taking Christ out of Christimas and just calling it imas(Xmas actually means Christimas, the X is a latin thing). This websight is supposed to be a safe haven for Christians. This is riduculous, next atheists will be allowed to flame Christian faith. I don't believe in the sterotype that aethists are evil but some of them seem to enjoy flaming Christians. As far as political correctness goes, I take the South Park stance. Screw political correctness(this is coming from a cartoon made by atheists so even they don't care about being politically correct"

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
It would be a meaningless statement that adds nothing to the discussion apart from negative emotions. That person could just as well say the same thing to you. And how would that make a meaningful discussion?

It is only meaningless if you believe all gods are equal. Do you?

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I cant speak for others, but as for myself, Im not complaining of 'just a name'. Im standing up for my Lord. His name is HOLY and it has been taken from too much already. I didnt come here to seclude myself from non Christians. I came here to fellowship with people who love the Lord as I do.

My Lord and Savior stood up for me in front of that angry mob yelling for his crucifixion, the least I can do is keep his name holy.

Amen!!!

Lisa

Upvote 0

Flynmonkie

The First Official FrankenMonkie ;)
Feb 23, 2004
Home of Harry Truman - Missouri
Visit site
✟20,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
So basically he's turning it into a money machine and plans to sell it in the future for a much higher price.

http://www.afternic.com/name.php?id=13805887

Because he purchased the site he is turning CF into a money machine? I fail to see the proof of your reasoning at this point. Do you see CF for sale somewhere? This shows me that he paid $7k for the title of the site. This is serious business.

Upvote 0

Gazelle

JESUS Lover of My Soul. JESUS I Will Never Let Go!
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
On My Pink Cloud Looking Down!!!
✟551,714.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Gazelle
b.gif
, 3girls2dogs, Basket, berry2000, BlackBerry, Brimshack, Christina M, cygnusx1, dluvs2trvl, drstevej, eastcoast_bsc, Flynmonkie, Garnet2727, Godschosengirl, HopeBforJC, HowardDean, I'ddie4him2 , jamesMarion, Jere209
b.gif
, jesuspickedmeup, joebudda, KarenJoy , KerrMetric, kunabi, L'Anatra, ladyt28
b.gif
, LITB, Lyndiette, Mankin, Marbzz
b.gif
, Markus6, MartinM, meh, monkeypsycho62, Moriah_Conquering_Wind, olafias, pgp_protector, rainygirl, Redneck-Melly, rnmomof7, sc4s2cg , sparklecat , StarJewel, Stormy, SunMessenger
b.gif
, suzybeezy, tashiseisei, tbird_energizerbunny , TrustingmyLord, TuxThePenguin, Tychicus2
b.gif
, uberd00b, violetchick, Vylo, xMinionX, ~Mrs. A2J~

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
And for that matter most of the supportive votes I have seen have been from Christians (not non) who disapproved of the reforms in the first place.

This non Christian mod is not happy with the name change, or the new vision for the site. I didn't sign up for another myspace or facebook thank you.
Personally I'm rather indifferent to the name change. It's an interesting and unusual name, though... it can be seen as both "Forums" and "For U". That's why I like that. :) But the previous name was also good. I'm kind of excited because of the new logo competition which comes with the new name, though. ^_^

Reactions: HopeBforJC
Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
http://www.afternic.com/name.php?id=13805887

Because he purchased the site he is turning CF into a money machine? I fail to see the proof of your reasoning at this point. Do you see CF for sale somewhere? This shows me that he paid $7k for the title of the site. This is serious business.

It is a logical assumption that by having a more secular name, it will be more marketable in the future.

Lisa

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
aww com'on lanakila. i have heard enough of erwin to know that no one pushes him around. it was all orchestrated. we have all been used as puppets. erwin knew from the start, before all this change where he wanted it to go. he was just clever enough for most of us to think we had a hand in it. lol even that it was what we wanted.

i read somewhere from erwin that he actually sold this site, or its management... does anyone remember that or have a link to his post? if erwin is reading maybe he could explain.

the site hasn't been sold stormy ,

[B said:
Erwin[/B]]

Btw, I haven't sold part or all of the site. :) I still own the site 100%. I did have to go and buy the domain foru.ms though. Just so people know. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sc4s2cg

'Cause human tears are older than the rain.
Nov 28, 2004
Somewhere on Earth.
Visit site
✟20,163.00
Faith
Presbyterian
I sadly have to agree with you on that DrSteve. I just let my granddaughter join and now I am so sorry that I did. She loved CF!! Now I am not sure if it is the right place for her here. I will let her stay for now, but I will definitely have to monitor EVERYTHING she is doing! Unfortunately I can't see where she has visited. This really sucks, you know?
www.safeeyes.com, a filter application that is cheap and let's you record everything she does online. :)

G-d bless,
sc

Upvote 0

Melbelle

Deadheadmakeup
Mar 22, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟53,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I cant speak for others, but as for myself, Im not complaining of 'just a name'. Im standing up for my Lord. His name is HOLY and it has been taken from too much already. I didnt come here to seclude myself from non Christians. I came here to fellowship with people who love the Lord as I do.

My Lord and Savior stood up for me in front of that angry mob yelling for his crucifixion, the least I can do is keep his name holy.
I have to agree, I am not to much upset about the name, but I am not found of it, however I am upset that christian boards were shoved to the bottom, its just starting to make me feel that christ is being take out of this place, slowly but surely.

The changes that were done on 7/7/07 were fine, I am more then happy to alow nonchristians in the christian boards. But to shove the boards to the bottom, like its no big deal, bugs me. I also agree with Little owl, I signed up for a christian forum, not a myspace networking type site. There are plenty of myspace wannabe sites out there, we don't need another one.

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

What You See Is What You Get!
Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What was the purpose of the member vote then? The majority vote was to keep it the same....

I don't understand why you are so blatently disregarding the feelings of the majority of the members.

I understand that you want this to be an outreach and I think that's a great idea but I also think that you are going the way of society and minimizing the feelings, stand and principles of christians.

I haven't read the other posts in this thread as they are numerous but I wanted to voice my feelings to you Erwin.

Upvote 0

HisGrace58

† Washed White as Snow by the Blood of Jesus †
Jul 3, 2007
Visit site
✟23,921.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

AMEN!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jere209

Legend
Jul 24, 2007
Being propped up by His hands
✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sure no pun was intended here, as we are all , or er, the majority, upset that His name was removed..
that was just uncalled for, KM..:(
Originally Posted by KerrMetric
One mans blasphemy is another mans apologetic.

How has it CHANGED. Because of the bloody name? Come on - get serious.

Who cares to be honest.

Quote:
Because of the bloody name?
I'm sure no pun was intended here, as we are all , or er, the majority, upset that His name was removed..
that was just uncalled for, KM..:(

Again, over and over you continually overlook the reason for everyone being upset. why?

Upvote 0

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Steve ...

What was the use of all those options presented to us ? What was the use ? It was a lie to believe they were being considered . I commend him for nothing at this point . I blame him at this point for upset to many Christians without due cause...

Sun
Erwin...

You gave us options to vote on . You played a bad game with people here. You should not have done that. You led us to believe you were thinking things over and then slam you hit with a vengeance by taking CHRIST NAME off this site.

Vengeance is not yours or mine. It belongs to the Lord !

:(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.