Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
flicka said:
^_^

And what I learned from being married: When your in love and make a lifetime commitment to someone everything is special, everything is new. It's a new phase in both or your lives and nothing that happened before that will compare. Just my .02
I'll see your .02 and raise you .02 :)

I don't think my 22 yrs (this month) of filing joint tax returns would have been as good as they were had I not done all that I did prior. I think all that I was through, before I said I do, made all the difference in our success all these years.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
lovegod_will said:
I think extra or pre maritail sex can have a detremental effect upon a marriage, it can breed insecruity and resnetment and also the desire that your partner was better, which is not a healthy thing, just my 2 pence worth

If your partner has the slightest interest in you, and you spend a few years together, your partner will be "better" than anyone.

Upvote 0

Nathan David

Sep 5, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟2,226.00
Faith
Atheist
RevKidd said:
Foreplay before marriage is wrong. And please tell me how it wouldn't be...?
From a Christian perspective: because it doesn't say anything about foreplay in the Bible.

From a humanist perspective: because it doesn't necessarily hurt anybody.

Now, this particular foreplay was definitely wrong because it was done while other people were in the room.

Also, if jkurz's friends are around his age, they are most likely too young to handle this kind of behavior responsibly

Upvote 0

MQTA

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2004
Ft Myers, FL
✟69,630.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
flicka said:
Ok wait...my .02 plus MQTA .02 minus lovegod_will 2 pence = what now?

Sorry, I never was good at math.
Why minus? Now we have 4 cents and 2 pence, or we have 4 cents and owe 2 pence. Make sense? LOL :)

Upvote 0

Nathan David

Sep 5, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟2,226.00
Faith
Atheist
lovegod_will said:
I think extra or pre maritail sex can have a detremental effect upon a marriage, it can breed insecruity and resnetment and also the desire that your partner was better, which is not a healthy thing, just my 2 pence worth
None of my married friends, all of whom had sex with other people before they were married, have found this to be the case.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MQTA

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2004
Ft Myers, FL
✟69,630.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nathan David said:
None of my married friends, all of whom had sex with other people before they were married, have found this to be the case.
That's true! Actually, of all the divorced people I know and have known through the years, now that you mention it, were mostly ALL 'virgins' when they got married. And then they got divorced... WOW! You'd think you could make up for lost time and regrets! Most of them turned into rabbits.

Good point!

Upvote 0

transientlife

lotus on the mount
Mar 21, 2004
✟1,724.00
Faith
Christian
lovegod_will said:

Well I wouldn't contest the idea that extra marital sex would have a detrimental effect upon a marriage...that seems almost obvious. Except I guess, for those couples that have "agreements".
Most times, I would think insecurity begins with the person and may or may not be aggravated by a relationship. My mother's second husband was very very insecure, accused her of cheating all the time (had a list of like 40 guys that he suspected-most of them she'd never met or only met once through him) and no matter what she did to appease or convince him, he wasn't buying. Went so far as that he was gonna put one of those mirrors up in the corner of the kitchen so he could keep an eye on her from the living room to make sure some guy hadn't snuck in the back door. :doh: Also threatened to kill her should he catch her in bed with another man. :mad: But I digress...
As far as premarital sex having the same effect...I'm sure it could happen, but like I said, it's all up to the individual.

Somewhat along the lines of what another poster said: If I'm in love with my partner, there is no desire at all for them to be 'better', because they're as good as it gets already and I'm happy with them. Bedroom adeptness is not that important. Our connection and general happiness is primary.

my 2cents too :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jkurtz

Skeptical Christian
Jun 10, 2004
Can't say that.... I don't trust everyone.
✟8,797.00
Faith
Christian
He is Christian. And he will listen to the word of God. Problem being. There are no verses on Foreplay. Secondly, he is convinced it is alright and if i have no evidence to back up an accusation, than he won't believe me. And I'm afraid it may hurt him in the future.

Upvote 0

MQTA

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2004
Ft Myers, FL
✟69,630.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
what was this situation again? Jkurtz was sleeping over a friends house, and in the middle of the night, while you were supposed to be sleeping, your friend starts playing around with his girlfriend?

Has nobody asked yet, what was a girl doing sleeping over with you guys???? Parents allowed this? Most of the teen girls I know, especially the early teens, 2 guys and a girl aren't even allowed to be ALONE in a room, much less Sleeping Over!

Upvote 0