May 28, 2015
✟611,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Everyone in the Bible is white. Surely know that. White, blonde haired and blue eyed.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
That has got to be the funniest thing I have read here in months.
Hey guys, did you know that the Jews of ancient Israel are white, blonde haired and blue eyed? Holy Smokes, who'd a thunk it?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I cut this wood each spring. I get a permit to cut in the State Forest where I hunt. $15/5 cords of standing dead or fallen trees only, no live trees. I use a cordless Oregon chain saw (love it). I also buy a cord of split oak each year. I burn the ones I cut whole as 'topper' logs. Makes a great fire. I load the wood into the back seat of my car. Five or six trips and I've got my wood for the next winter. Heats the whole house and the apartment above.

View attachment 176686
Good job.....

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Everyone in the Bible is white. Surely know that. White, blonde haired and blue eyed.
Now that it came up, was ANYBODY in the Bible white ? was anyone blue eyed? blonde ?
I don't remember anyone important in the Bible noting any eye or hair color, Except Jesus, of course.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
so nobody cares if you're offended about other people's cultures or how they celebrate them. That's Trump's world, right?
Jesus said they are blessed who are NOT offended by Jesus or anything/anyone of Jesus.
Was anyone 'rightly' offended ?
Does "putting out" / shunning idolators/idolatry count ?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I know that that's a familiar slogan, but it seems fair to say. And the so-called "diversity" that our government and society is pushing is of the second variety.

The reason that many people are opposed to this push is precisely because it no longer is a matter of achieving the 'melting pot' that so many Americans used to speak of with pride.
Probably through realization the "melting pot" canard was a farce that never actually existed that people eventually gave up on it.

Reactions: Hetta
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Probably through realization the "melting pot" canard was a farce that never actually existed that people eventually gave up on it.
Opinion or do you have some "evidence".......

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,359.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I disagree. While the melting pot analogy is not perfect, and a uniform goo is not part of the American ideal, being an American was the dream of most immigrants from an earlier era--to do what Americans do, even to the point of taking on American names.
I would posit that isn't exactly right. As a child of immigrants and someone who has put his ear to a LOT of immigrants' stories, they have no particular allegiance to ONE place. All immigrants are looking for is "betterment for their children (or themselves). In other words, reaping the benefits of living in America is NOT the same thing as being an American. My dad did not choose Canada because being Canadian would be the awesomest; he chose it because of the incentives offerred in coming to Canada were great at the time.
That's why you still see so many people celebrating their culture in Canada. Sure they are happy for their opportunities they are given, that doesn't mean they have given up their early lives, childhood, and identity.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,256,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
A lot of people chose America because of the promise of religious and economic freedom and oppurtunity, not because they wanted to learn English, become Protestant, and live in the suburbs.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
A lot of people chose America because of the promise of religious and economic freedom and oppurtunity, not because they wanted to learn English, become Protestant, and live in the suburbs.
something wrong with doing all those things....?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,256,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
something wrong with doing all those things....?

No, just stating a fact.

BTW, before WWI, German was about as common a language as Spanish is today in the US. For many years, German-Americans resisted assimilation quite a bit, and were often treated with suspicion, and in some cases, hostility (as the case with Germans in Texas during the Civil War and afterwards). They had different language and different religions (at one time Lutherans were not considered part of the Protestant mainstream, and Catholics definitely were not). Yet today, the history of German-Americans is obscured by the "melting pot" myth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys, did you know that the Jews of ancient Israel are white, blonde haired and blue eyed? Holy Smokes, who'd a thunk it?
I guess you've never seen any Christian artwork. I have photo right here in the box of photos I have been sorting out that has my youngest child posed next to a print of Jesus that was taken at our last church. Sure enough, brown/blonde hair and blue eyes (the image of Jesus, not my kid). That was my experience growing up in European schools and churches also - Jesus looked far from Jewish. Those images have changed, and Jesus is depicted far more realistically now.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
No, just stating a fact.

BTW, before WWI, German was about as common a language as Spanish is today in the US. For many years, German-Americans resisted assimilation quite a bit, and were often treated with suspicion, and in some cases, hostility (as the case with Germans in Texas during the Civil War and afterwards). They had different language and different religions (at one time Lutherans were not considered part of the Protestant mainstream, and Catholics definitely were not). Yet today, the history of German-Americans is obscured by the "melting pot" myth.
You could not be more wrong in that assumption.
"I fights mit Sigel." Go check out that phrase. Germans played a major role in the Civil War.
Yes, the Germans in Texas would not join the Conferate cause which is why they were treated with suspicion. (New Braunfels is a great place and Schlitterbaun(sp?) there is the best waterpark in the country IMO)
You will need to provide so evidence about Lutheranism not being considered mainstream as I could not find anything to support that.
BTW, if you ever get to Milwaukee, Maders serves authentic German fare served by German waitresses. Please have a Franziskaner Dunkel for me.....

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I guess you've never seen any Christian artwork. I have photo right here in the box of photos I have been sorting out that has my youngest child posed next to a print of Jesus that was taken at our last church. Sure enough, brown/blonde hair and blue eyes (the image of Jesus, not my kid). That was my experience growing up in European schools and churches also - Jesus looked far from Jewish. Those images have changed, and Jesus is depicted far more realistically now.
Any idea when the artwork was produced? I mean was it sometime before 100BC?....50BC?....50AD?....Something tells me my chain is getting jerked.....LOL....maybe yours too.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Any idea when the artwork was produced? I mean was it sometime before 100BC?....50BC?....50AD?....Something tells me my chain is getting jerked.....LOL....maybe yours too.....
That's just silly. How is my chain being jerked when I personally saw "statues" of the Sacred Heart, prints, paintings all showing this very Europeanised Jesus? The church we attended where the photo was taken was an American Methodist church. My son was approximately 4yo, so that would be 12 years ago. And no, I'm not reproducing that photo here (privacy and all that).

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever seen a movie/tv show about Jesus? Robert Powell (brown haired, blue eyed Brit), Max von Sydow (brown haired, blue eyed swede), Brian Deacon (brown haired, blue eyed Brit), Jim Cavaziel (brown haired, blue eyed American).

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Have you ever seen a movie/tv show about Jesus? Robert Powell (brown haired, blue eyed Brit), Max von Sydow (brown haired, blue eyed swede), Brian Deacon (brown haired, blue eyed Brit), Jim Cavaziel (brown haired, blue eyed American).

Everyone knows that Jesus was black. ^_^

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You'll have to go and find a "safe place" away from all those brown skinned people you so deplore.

I deplore bad behavior by anyone (and I am safe from them, mostly). :D

Upvote 0