• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

For those who have or do doubt God exists

kodadog1024

Aug 17, 2011
✟10,640.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On 23 November 1654, between 10:30 and 12:30 at night, Pascal had an intense
religious vision and immediately recorded the experience in a brief note to himself which began: “Fire. God of Abraham, God of Isaac, God of Jacob, not of the philosophers and the scholars...” and concluded by quoting Psalm 119:16: “I will not forget thy word. Amen.” He seems to have carefully sewn this document into his coat and always transferred it when he changed clothes; a servant discovered it only by chance after his death. This piece is now known as the Memorial.

In 1662, Pascal’s illness became more violent, and his emotional condition had severely worsened since his sister´s death, which happened the previous year. Aware that his health was fading quickly, he sought a move to the hospital for incurable diseases, but his doctors declared that he was too unstable to be carried. In Paris on 18 August 1662, Pascal went into convulsions and received extreme unction. He died the next morning, his last words being “May God never abandon me,” and was buried in the cemetery of Saint-Etienne-du-Mont.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kodadog1024

Aug 17, 2011
✟10,640.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yea, kinda of like Harold Camping spent millions upon millions of dollars on billboard ads stating Judgement Day (the return of Christ) was May 21, 2011. Harold Camping may want a refund.... Every nation, every person could agree that 2012 is the end of the world. You and I could go into our own little corner, curl up into a ball, and rock ourselves into a deep sleep over our worry OR ...or we could know and trust in God's word, that has been written and has been in use much longer than we can comprehend and know that only God knows the date, and not even His only Son, Jesus Christ, His Right Hand Man, the Lord who rules everything in Heaven and on Earth knows the date. You have a choice. Believe in God, or believe in what culture has falsified and tried to predict forever and has yet to EVER get it right.

Upvote 0

kodadog1024

Aug 17, 2011
✟10,640.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know, that still doesn't help the fact that you think your going to Hell. I'm way ahead of you.

So maybe you should just stay scared the rest of your life, (knowing a God who is TOTAL LOVE, who made you, wants a relationship with you, wants you to be part of His family and love you for eternity,) ... wants nothing more than to send a girl like yourself to Hell, .... just because He has nothing else better to do. That makes total sense now. Yup.

Upvote 0

raven1

Jun 6, 2011
Richmond, Va.
✟2,403.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just feel if there is doubt about 2012 doubt if God exists doubt etc. we can't really trust those are opposing feelings. I think Psychology wise that we might suppress our doubt to make us feel we wont go to hell and doubt doesn't cause us to doubt God exists I am not trying to be mean but what if I am right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mathetes123

Dec 26, 2011
✟10,634.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Do you REALLY doubt he exists? Or deep down you know he does. If God choose you to be saved when he created you, you would not doubt.

God gives us all a measure of faith. It is when we suppress the truth for fear that our deeds will be exposed, that he removes even that measure of faith and gives us over to the delusions of our own making.

Upvote 0

kodadog1024

Aug 17, 2011
✟10,640.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know. I wasn't trying to bring you down, by all means. It's like saying, how do I know I am NOT a killer deep down inside? I can get all the reassurance I want, from friends, family, even my memories of "I never did this when I was a kid, I was always nice, etc"... it still doesn't change the fact that I have doubt about because it scares the crap out of me. My intrusive thoughts / urges still have the means to make me cry, want to give up sometimes. I have to believe though. I have to do something other than focus on what scares me, my obsession. If I didn't, I would be right back where I was a year ago. And that was a point where I could barely get out of bed, I would cry constantly during the day, lost 30 pounds from not eating (although that may have been a good thing) and just focused on my thoughts and never really did anything about it. You need solutions, rather than focusing on your obsession about your doubt. Start loving God and Christ. Every morning before your feet hit the floor, ask God to give you what you need for the day and tell Him you know you can do this with His help. You'll get through it. You will. :) I will check back on you in a few days (weeks). Me reassuring you everyday isn't helping you, BUT, I will be praying for you every day. This you can count on! :) God Bless.

Upvote 0