Florida health care can now be denied based on moral, ethical, religious beliefs.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Health care providers and payors [e.g. your employer's insurance plan] can deny services based on their moral, ethical and religious convictions​

The legislation defined "conscience-based objection" as based on "a sincerely held religious, moral, or ethical belief." At several points over the legislative session that adjourned last week, Republican lawmakers invoked their Christian beliefs to question the existence of transgender people and support bills that restricted their access to transition-related medical care.

While the legislation says that health care providers can't use it to deny care based on a patient's race, color, religion, sex or national origin, attempts by Democratic lawmakers to extend those protections to gender identity and sexuality failed.

• Informative
Reactions: wing2000

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,409.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Crazy.

I'm not a soldier but I'm hoping this could be confirmed.

If enemy combatants are captured in grave distress, is it not part of the Geneva convention that they are required to receive appropriate care from the capturing nation?

Cause that implies that warring enemies have more right to socialized health care any American.....and a BASIC RIGHT to health care that transgender Americans don't have.

Americans complain about international laws limiting their sovereignty because they can't be the jerks they feel they have the right to be, I guess.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Crazy.

If enemy combatants are captured in grave distress, is it not part of the Geneva convention that they are required to receive appropriate care from the capturing nation?

Cause that implies that warring enemies have more right to socialized health care any American.....and a BASIC RIGHT to health care that transgender Americans don't have.

Americans complain about international laws limiting their sovereignty because they can't be the jerks they feel they have the right to be, I guess.
I highly doubt that an injured soldier who was fighting against America's armed forces will be seeking treatment for a sex change.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,409.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I highly doubt that an injured soldier who was fighting against America's armed forces will be seeking treatment for a sex change.
"If your grandmother had wheels, she would be a bike".

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I doubt even more highly that medical personnel who would refuse patients due to sexuality are in involved in gender affirming care.

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,447.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Crazy.

Combatants have a right to receive basic treatment, but the capturing nation is not obligated to fix every medical issue the soldier might have (like a cavity in a tooth or a mental disorder). If you want to say that preventing someone from bleeding to death is equally important and necessary as performing a double mastectomy on them if they so wish... that's debatable.

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I doubt even more highly that medical personnel who would refuse patients due to sexuality are in involved in gender affirming care.
That's because competent medical personnel aren't involved in denial of the science of their own field of work.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As people are pointing out, this is no longer guaranteed to queer people in Florida.
Can you point to any part of legislation there that says those people can't receive basic medical treatment?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,409.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Combatants have a right to receive basic treatment, but the capturing nation is not obligated to fix every medical issue the soldier might have (like a cavity in a tooth or a mental disorder). If you want to say that preventing someone from bleeding to death is equally important and necessary as performing a double mastectomy on them if they so wish... that's debatable.
No actually.

What I wanted to say, I said.

Enemies of America can get better socialized medical care than transgender americans

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No actually.

What I wanted to say, I said.

Enemies of America can get better socialized medical care than transgender americans
Can you point to a single instance where a transsexual person was not treated for a broken arm, or fractured rib, or mental illness?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Can you point to any part of legislation there that says those people can't receive basic medical treatment?
"While the legislation says that health care providers can't use it to deny care based on a patient's race, color, religion, sex or national origin, attempts by Democratic lawmakers to extend those protections to gender identity and sexuality failed."

If a medical provider has a 'conscience-based objection' to treating gay people, they don't have to.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Can you point to a single instance where a transsexual person was not treated for a broken arm, or fractured rib, or mental illness?
With respect to this law, it won't take effect until July.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
So not every doctor and insurance plan is required to provide transition-related medical care.
The law doesn't say anything about any particular type of medical care.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The law doesn't say anything about any particular type of medical care.
"bills that restricted their access to transition-related medical care". What other kind of care have to do with transsexuals? If a transexual needs an appendectomy, they don't require any kind of care that's different from anyone else. In a situation like that, they're just a patient just like any other patient.

If I was a doctor I would not want to perform a sex change operation or perscribe puberty blockers. But if that patient needed anything else routine, I would have no problem whatsoever providing it. The same thing would be true if a patient came in to have the tip of their nose cut off and have their tongue forked. I wouldn't want to do that procedure either. I'd refer them to another doctor. Even when it comes to routine procedures, doctors often decide to hand it off to another doctor. When I needed an impacted wisdom tooth removed, my dentist didn't feel comfortable with removing it, so he sent me to another dentist.

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0