Florida continues to kill it!

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Wow, youd think it was all the Walmarts that had to shut down rather than the entire cruise industry.

This is because you live on the boat. An outbreak is an outbreak on the boat. Then its show over. Why do you think the cruise industry wants the option to require a vax? Hint: its not so they can turn away customers.
It is so they can turn away customers because if they defy Floridas laws nobody will be allowed to depart on the cruise at all.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you a doctor?

Anyone who is a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, etc........ knows better than to give one size fits all medical advice to large groups of people they have no medical histories on.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If the vaccine works as well as they claim, who exactly is endangered?

Those under the age to be vaccinated thus far, those who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons, the small percentage who were vaccinated, but did not build the proper immune response for one reason or another (ie taking immunosuppressive drugs, certain medical conditions, those who had an improper time between doses, etc....) and those who choose not to be vaccinated.

I have yet to read any of the vaccines induce a 100% effective immune response in 100% of the people receiving it.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Those under the age to be vaccinated thus far, those who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons, the small percentage who were vaccinated, but did not build the proper immune response for one reason or another (ie taking immunosuppressive drugs, certain medical conditions, those who had an improper time between doses, etc....) and those who choose not to be vaccinated.

I have yet to read any of the vaccines induce a 100% effective immune response in 100% of the people receiving it.
I'm having trouble believing the promise that if you get the vaccine you are immune to death from C19 myself which is what they are essentially peddling to those who the left fearmongered into getting vaccinated.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
While we are at it... we should make the vaccine card a global vaccine ID so every country can know you have been vaccinated and lets first put all your medical history on the card (or the global ID computer system) and later lets allow a global group of appointed folks regulate rules based upon the ID and when the global group gets enough acceptance lets decide that it will add gun registration to the ID because too many people are mass murderers with guns it is now a mental health issue to own a gun. Next we need to put Drivers license info on it because we have people driving with medical issues that need to be regulated. We can then say in order to make sure voting is safe we need to prove to the poll workers you have the C19 vaccine so now it is a voting ID along with vaccine ID.

If you don't see a concern for this happening then you trust government way more than you should.

I think that anyone that doesn't want to follow health protocols should be free to do so. Just don't let them be in public where they can endanger others.

I understand that this is more of a New England view that a FL or TX view. In those states, sharing disease is a badge of honor, as it was made obvious at the 2020 trump rallies.

Cruise companies have a choice.
1) They can welcome the unvaccinated on board in FL, understanding that the passengers won't be free to get off in lots of ports.
2) Not land in FL.

What they will NOT do is stop requiring vaccinations in other states. That is the world standard.

If there is a business landing in FL and accepting the unvaccinated, then so be it. Go for it. Give all the warnings. Deal with the consequences.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm having trouble believing the promise that if you get the vaccine you are immune to death from C19 myself which is what they are essentially peddling to those who the left fearmongered into getting vaccinated.

No vaccine is 100% effective. Repeat 100 times.

Vaccines are routinely required in lots of places for lots of reasons. Repeat 100 times.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I think that anyone that doesn't want to follow health protocols should be free to do so. Just don't let them be in public where they can endanger others.

I understand that this is more of a New England view that a FL or TX view. In those states, sharing disease is a badge of honor, as it was made obvious at the 2020 trump rallies.

Cruise companies have a choice.
1) They can welcome the unvaccinated on board in FL, understanding that the passengers won't be free to get off in lots of ports.
2) Not land in FL.

What they will NOT do is stop requiring vaccinations in other states. That is the world standard.

If there is a business landing in FL and accepting the unvaccinated, then so be it. Go for it. Give all the warnings. Deal with the consequences.
I am ok dealing with a 0.185 percent chance of death by covid totally vs having to jump through endless hoops and taking unneeded vaccines. I've never taken a flu vaccine and don't care to take a Covid one at this time and there is a lot of us that think all this fearmongering has to stop. If you are healthy to begin with then likely your chance of death is more along the range of 0.05% as a lot of the deaths to date were from elderly and weak or compromised immune systems. We are currently doing 3 times better than the 1918 spanish flu yet people are acting like things are WORSE than it was then. Deaths and infections were falling way before the vaccines were having any affect on things and I bet the same fearmongerers are now claiming the drop is because vaccinations are rising but it is also likely that virus has used up all the folks that are easily infected and made sick/dead and now we are vaccinating people who have already fought off C19 and likely the vaccine isn't helping them at all statistically but they are taking a chance of death from side effects.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
If the vaccine works as well as they claim, who exactly is endangered?
Those whom they want to shame of course. I remember the glee that the left had when Trump got C19 and the silence when he got over it in a week with no side effects afterwards which put a damper on the fearmongering.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Then it is probably best if those people you mentioned should either accept the risk if they choose to go on a cruise or not go at all.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For some, the risk of COVID19 is so small that they have a greater risk from vaccine than the virus itself.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
For some, the risk of COVID19 is so small that they have a greater risk from vaccine than the virus itself.
It is possible that there is some fudging of statistics going on with all of this, as there has been a lot of deception from Fauci and company I wouldn't put it past others to follow suit for their own profit. Unless we get new strains I think C19 is on the way out of here for most of us, those who hid better from the start are likely the ones now getting hit hard. Our state here started dropping we only had 14 cases in a week of C19 here that is only 2 a day for a city of about 400k if that tells you something. we were averaging less than 140 a day in february the drop started mid January and has fallen since then might as well say C19 is about history for this city.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
The whole state has had 100 cases last week and only 1 death for a population of about 4 million I think. According to statss about 35% of the population is fully vaccinated and we look to be near herd immunity which leads me to believe that over 30% of the population has natural immunity now if not more. If Florida is in similar shape they could easily load the ships with all non vaccinated people and likely not have but maybe 1 or 2 asymptomatic people show up on board.
1 death out of 400k is 0.00025% chance of death, lower than the chance the vaccines equate themselves. Oh, and on top of that we canceled mask mandates at the end of May here so for almost 2 weeks about half the population isn't wearing masks now and stats never went up, only went down

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

There's also the fact that the more people are unvaccinated, the more the virus spreads, and therefore the more it mutates, which leads to a higher possibility of new variants emerging that the vaccines we have aren't effective against. By refusing to get vaccinated you are endangering everyone.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The whole state has had 100 cases last week and only 1 death for a population of about 4 million I think. According to statss about 35% of the population is fully vaccinated and we look to be near herd immunity which leads me to believe that over 30% of the population has natural immunity now if not more. If Florida is in similar shape they could easily load the ships with all non vaccinated people and likely not have but maybe 1 or 2 asymptomatic people show up on board.
1 death out of 400k is 0.00025% chance of death, lower than the chance the vaccines equate themselves. Oh, and on top of that we canceled mask mandates at the end of May here so for almost 2 weeks about half the population isn't wearing masks now and stats never went up, only went down

Which state?

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I have not read that. Which vaccine website is reporting this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0