United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trump urges Florida to welcome cruise ship with deadly coronavirus outbreak

(Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Tuesday urged Florida officials to open an Atlantic Coast port to a Dutch cruise ship stuck at sea with a deadly coronavirus outbreak onboard, urging the governor to drop his opposition.

Weighing in on the fate of Holland America Line's MS Zaandam during a White House briefing, Trump said he would call Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, who has declared the vessel unwelcome to prevent its sick passengers from being "dumped" on his state.

"They're dying on the ship," Trump said, adding, "I'm going to do what's right, not only for us but for humanity."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Trump is making big decisions daily
and they are not easy ones.
All should be in support
of him at this time.
M-Bob

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I vote to allow the ship to dock in Florida.

Although I can't resist the urge to ask this question. Why are people still embarking on cruises when there is a deadly global pandemic going on??

Aren't cruise ships the worst possible places to be in these times?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure seems that way.
I'm with you
Trump is making the right decision here.
Hard one but, right one.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I vote to allow the ship to dock in Florida.

Although I can't resist the urge to ask this question. Why are people still embarking on cruises when there is a deadly global pandemic going on??

well my understanding the cruise ship left the day before the recomendations to not go on cruise ships hit.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
well my understanding the cruise ship left the day before the recomendations to not go on cruise ships hit.

Shouldn't they have immediately turned around and set sail back home or to the closest port with an airport?

• Prayers
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This would clearly be the humanitarian thing to do. I don't think it's a hard decision at all.

Well if this doesn't go perfectly
as usual they will blame Trump.

Our liberal goat fell down yesterday
and broke her leg
complained all afternoon that
it was Trump's fault.

M-Bob

• Haha
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Shouldn't they have immediately turned around and set sail back home or to the closest port with an airport?

That I'm not sure about, my understanding is they tried to return to port or various ports and were rejected, but no idea how far intro the trip that was.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well if this doesn't go perfectly
as usual they will blame Trump.
M-Bob
Cynicism is a circular reasoning. Who are they (besides your goat), and even if they exist why/how would that change what's the correct thing to do in any way, and make it a harder choice?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Who are they

Democrats... I'll say it:

democrat
[ˈdeməˌkrat]
NOUN
Democrats (plural noun) a member of the Democratic Party.

Need further clarification?

even if they exist why/how would that change what's the correct thing to do in any way, and make it a harder choice?

Because Orange man bad. Everything even loosely associated to Trump must be obstructed. They will find some issue with it no matter what he does. If he accepts the boat or not. There will be issues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Democrats... I'll say it:

democrat
[ˈdeməˌkrat]
NOUN
democrats (plural noun) · Democrats (plural noun) a member of the Democratic Party.

Need further clarification?
Respectfully, it's not right for me to assume that anyone else should speak for M-Bob.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because Orange man bad. Everything even loosely associated to Trump must be obstructed. They will find some issue with it no matter what he does. If he accepts the boat or not. There will be issues.
Perhaps I'm not being clear. I had already perceived this same sentiment above in M-Bobs post. What I was asking is if "they" exist, how/why would that change what is the right thing to do in any way so as to make it a harder choice?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps I'm not being clear. I had already perceived this same sentiment in M-Bobs post. What I was asking is if "they" exist, how/why would that change what is the right thing to do in any way so as to make it a harder choice?

That would depend on what political goal they feel they could achieve at Trump's expense. Unfortuniatly, that has to be considered for the safety of those on the vessel. What will it cost to aid them? And will congress block them to spite Trump, or use the passengers plight to force some sort of legislation? Will congress call it racist to quarantine them and try to force them into general population? Whatever is going to make this more difficult, confused, and possibly more catastrophic is more than likely how this is going to be handled. I actualy wonder how this is already being spun in the media. I haven't checked on it yet.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That would depend on what political goal they feel they could achieve at Trump's expense. Unfortuniatly, that has to be considered for the safety of those on the vessel. What will it cost to aid them? And will congress block them to spite Trump, or use the passengers plight to force some sort of legislation? Will congress call it racist to quarantine them and try to force them into general population? Whatever is going to make this more difficult, confused, and possibly more catastrophic is more than likely how this is going to be handled. I actualy wonder how this is already being spun in the media. I haven't checked on it yet.
Cynicism is a circular reasoning, (It's self fulfilling in the perceived outcomes of those who reason upon it).

The issues you describe as the costs or burdens placed on the American people for taking care of these foreigners, would naturally occur in due course through the narratives of pros and cons that come when weighing what is the right thing to do. However the fear or expectations of what others might say pro or con should never factor into the process of deciding the right thing to do, particularly when one views empathy as God's Spirit. By contrast, any deliberation that would include how a person would look to others would be based on carnal vanity accordingly.

While there are things the President says and does that do display judgment based on carnal vanity, this decision does not appear to be one of them. That is to say, that if any lives are saved because of this decision, it would be fitting that Trump should thank God rather than himself, and so should those people. However since cynicism is self fulfilling in it's reasoning, it's understandable how/why "they" will be accused of not wanting to give Trump any credit for it, if "they" say that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Cynicism is a circular reasoning, (It's self fulfilling in the perceived outcomes of those who reason upon it).

The issues you describe as the costs or burdens placed on the American people for taking care of these foreigners, would naturally occur in due course through the narratives of pros and cons that come when weighing what is the right thing to do. The fear of what others might say pro or con should never factor into the process of deciding the right thing to do, particularly when one views empathy as God's Spirit. By contrast, any deliberation that would include how a person would look to others would be based on carnal vanity.

While there are things the President says and does that do display judgment based on carnal vanity, this decision does not appear to be one of them. That is to say, that if any lives are saved because of this decision, it would be fitting that Trump should thank God and so should those people. However since cynicism is self fulfilling in it's reasoning, it's understandable that "they" will be accused of not wanting to give Trump any credit for it, if "they" say that.

It's not about giving credit or what might be said. It is accepted as 'known', what will be said is negative, and no credit will be given. The problem lies in what will actualy be done to hinder Trump.

Quick examples:

On the border, the democrats blocked funding for beds, food, hygienical, and even medical supplies. Then blames Trump for their living conditions.

Hurricane Maria. Democrat officials block shipments, stage a trucking protest, and even hid away much needed supplies from getting to people in need. Even throw away food and water or leave it to rot on runways. They then blame Trump for their conditions and get on various forms of media to constantly lambast him for not sending aid.

COVID-19. In January the Democrats were still impeaching Trump, and even tho Trump raised the flag, created a task force, closed off travel to China, enacted the CDC quarantine stations, and declared a national emergency, the democrats were arguing about witnesses during the impeachment trial. Then they block funding for aid, and relief for those affected by the pandemic 3 times. They would not even vote unless they got legislation from the green new deal passed. That's right. They would not even give the money to aid us until we were bent over a barrel.

Occam's razor. What is one to expect?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not about giving credit or what might be said. It is a given what will be said is negative, and no credit will be given. The problem lies in what will actualy be done to hinder Trump.

Quick examples:

On the border, the democrats blocked funding for beds, food, hygienical, and even medical supplies. Then blames Trump for their living conditions.

Hurricane Maria. Democrat officials block shipments, stage a trucking protest, and even hid away much needed supplies from getting to people in need. They then blame Trump for their conditions and get on various forms of media to constantly lambast him for not sending aid.

COVID-19. In January the Democrats were still impeaching Trump, and even tho Trump raised the flag, created a task force, closed off travel to China, enacted the CDC quarantine stations, and declared a national emergency, the democrats were arguing about witnesses during the impeachment trial. Then they block funding for aid, and relief for those affected by the pandemic 3 times. They would not even vote unless they got legislation from the green new deal passed. That's right. They would not even give the money to aid us until we were bent over a barrel.

Occam's razor. What is one to exspect?
I don't believe you understand my meaning from the get go. Otherwise you and perhaps M-Bob would see that what you are explaining would carry the implication that Trump's decision was based on vanity in some degree which made the decision hard for him.

I have no idea whether what you say in your examples of hinderance is accurate or not. That is not meant to be derogatory towards you, so you will forgive me if I don't just take your word for it.

Moreover, I don't believe it's accurate in answering my question of how this would make the decision to do the right thing harder. But as it may pertain to my point of cynicism being counter productive, according to the report, the immediate hindrance is DeSantis, and he's not a Democrat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe you understand my meaning from the get go. Otherwise you and perhaps M-Bob would see that what you are explaining would carry the implication that Trump's decision was based on vanity in some degree which made the decision hard for him.

I honestly believe that point of veiw is based on favorable views of this President being found offensive. Trump is not allowed to get any credit or unopposed results. Thusly, anything favorable must be prideful boosting from an underserved individual.

Basically, he does not have his dissenters permission to be right. So he will be veiwed as arrogant even if he is right.

I have no idea whether what you say in your examples of hinderance is accurate or not. That is not meant to be derogatory towards you, so you will forgive me if I don't just take your word for it.

You will forgive me for pointing out admitted ignorance of such an important topic, that you have obviously founded your beliefs upon. If you do not know.... how can you firmly stand in one position or the other? Or is your mind decided that Trump will be wrong no matter what the issue is? So why bother looking?

This is the year 2020. You do not have to take my word for anything. There is no reason why you can not find this information that I state collaborates my position for yourself.

Moreover, I don't believe it's accurate in answering my question of how this would make the decision to do the right thing harder. But as it may pertain to my point of cynicism being counter productive, according to the report, the immediate hindrance is DeSantis, and he's not a Democrat.

Both Democrats and Republicans are in the same boat. Democrats are just the face of this since they are the majority in the house.

• Agree
Upvote 0