✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good Day,

SNIP.... "The about-face is an apparent submission to Gov. Ron DeSantis, who has insisted that there will be no exception made for cruise companies to a newly passed Florida law that fines companies $5,000 each time they ask a patron to provide proof of vaccination. Royal Caribbean International’s sister brand Celebrity Cruises (both owned by Royal Caribbean Group) is still requiring all passengers 16 years old or older be vaccinated on its seven-night Caribbean cruises that are restarting from Port Everglades on June 26."

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/bu...0tLQhZG2oYJ42l-uVnuy-8hAvKx-om8VuqySiT0w-1_o0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I suspect we won't fully understand how the phrase "Florida continues to kill it" applies until reports are back from the first few Royal Carribean cruises. Best wishes to them all.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Good Day,

SNIP.... "The about-face is an apparent submission to Gov. Ron DeSantis, who has insisted that there will be no exception made for cruise companies to a newly passed Florida law that fines companies $5,000 each time they ask a patron to provide proof of vaccination. Royal Caribbean International’s sister brand Celebrity Cruises (both owned by Royal Caribbean Group) is still requiring all passengers 16 years old or older be vaccinated on its seven-night Caribbean cruises that are restarting from Port Everglades on June 26."

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/bu...0tLQhZG2oYJ42l-uVnuy-8hAvKx-om8VuqySiT0w-1_o0

The cruise line should have stuck to their guns and pulled out of Florida if it came down to it!

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good Day,

Yes, endangering people can lead to killing people.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, endangering people can lead to killing people.
I agree. We should make everyone at the southern border show they are vaccinated before allowing them in.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟838,804.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Can they give a substantial discount to passengers who submit proof of vaccination? Something like three thousand dollars off...

Let's be clear. These cruises now welcome the unvaccinated. It is a place where they can gather and pass the disease among themselves. Apparently, the company thinks that there is a marker for such cruises.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the article:
OP_article said:
The summer cruises announced by Royal Caribbean International Friday are still pending approval from the CDC after each ship successfully completes a test cruise with volunteer passengers.

The CDC has so far approved nine cruise ships, including Freedom of the Seas, Carnival Horizon and MSC Meraviglia from PortMiami, for test cruises, meaning the ships won’t meet a CDC threshold of 95% of passengers and 98% of crew be vaccinated, and two ships — Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Equinox from Port Everglades — for revenue cruises.
What does this mean for the cruise companies? Do they need federal certification?

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's be clear. These cruises now welcome the unvaccinated. It is a place where they can gather and pass the disease among themselves. Apparently, the company thinks that there is a marker for such cruises.

Good Day,

Everyone I have talked to self identifies as vaccinated... so there is no issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the article:

What does this mean for the cruise companies? Do they need federal certification?

Good Day,

It is just a test cruise to ready the staff, and has no bearing on the Florida laws.

IN Him,

Bill

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good Day,

It is just a test cruise to ready the staff, and has no bearing on the Florida laws.

IN Him,

Bill
What is just a test cruise? The article mentioned more than that:
article said:
The CDC has so far approved nine cruise ships, including Freedom of the Seas, Carnival Horizon and MSC Meraviglia from PortMiami, for test cruises, meaning the ships won’t meet a CDC threshold of 95% of passengers and 98% of crew be vaccinated, and two ships — Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Equinox from Port Everglades — for revenue cruises.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I agree. We should make everyone at the southern border show they are vaccinated before allowing them in.
Agree. Everyone should have to be vaccinated. And not just people coming from the southern border.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Agree. Everyone should have to be vaccinated. And not just people coming from the southern border.

Let's be fair, not everyone. There are some people with medical conditions that would make vaccination unsafe for them.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
The cruise line should have stuck to their guns and pulled out of Florida if it came down to it!

Doesn't really matter many ports of call are are in countries where they don't have as good access to the vaccine as we do.

Seriously hoping DeSantis gets voted out in 2022 if I am still living in Florida and will be defeated in 2024 if he runs for president. That man has no business running this country as it is money above lives with him.

• Winner
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Good Day,

I agree and like a lot of stuff of Florida and Ron DeSantis, but this one area I might do differently if I was governor. I guess I would be willing to let the Cruise lines run things according to how they see fit, and let the market place motivate them to relax their standards over time.

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good Day,

In a totalitarian state, like a fascist state or a communist state, government tries to run the businesses, controlling them in more micro detail.

Part of the wonderful heritage of America is that we've had much less of that than so many other nations.

So, while DeSantis is making a serious error of trying to micromanage and control a private business he doesn't own -- a mistake a Republican should know better than to do -- Republican voters can vote for someone else in the next primary election for governor and try to get a better Republican candidate.

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Florida ports are integral to their business ... which is just getting going again ...

...well, when one market becomes unappealing one moves elsewhere. There are a lot of other ports in the US.

Upvote 0