FLAT or ROUND Earth?

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,359.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Don't tell me, it's upside down in yours ?

Maybe this video will help explain this...........
That's if the moon is directly overhead on a flat earth. But In the real world, if the moon is low on the horizon looking south for someone in the northern hemisphere, it will be low on the horizon looking north for someone in the southern hemisphere (if they are on the same longitude). And one will see it upside down compared to the other.

You need to think these through.

Now, have you seen the Southern Star yet? Chop chop, we need to get on to maps when we've explained the Southern Cross.

Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,598.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well tell me, did God make the sun & the moon in equal measure or not ?
You claim He did, but you haven't provided any Scriptural reference. So did you just make that up or do you have a verse from the Bible?

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,598.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Don't tell me, it's upside down in yours ?

Maybe this video will help explain this...........

Another dose of stupid from Eric "the idiot" Dubay. When the moon is just above the horizon, on a flat earth someone in Brazil would see exactly the same view as someone in North America. They don't though because we don't live on a flat earth.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,268.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Citation that he didn't please.
The original claim came from you. The burden of proof is on you. Yet more evidence that you do not understand first principles of science, of logic, or of debate. If you wish to have productive discussion on this forum you need to address all of these weaknesses. You might grow to like it.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟31,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The original claim came from you. The burden of proof is on you. Yet more evidence that you do not understand first principles of science, of logic, or of debate. If you wish to have productive discussion on this forum you need to address all of these weaknesses. You might grow to like it.

Rubbish, this works both ways.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,598.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Nope. You made a false claim and I called you out on it. I haven't made any claims about the relative 'measures' of the sun and moon.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟31,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope. You made a false claim and I called you out on it. I haven't made any claims about the relative 'measures' of the sun and moon.

But you can't answer the question can you ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟31,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God didn't place the sun at the center of the Universe for our earth and moon to orbit, he placed two great lights in the firmament to give us light by day & light by night & also for signs and seasons.

And these two lights are of equal measure.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,268.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, as in so many other things, you are mistaken. All I can do is offer to educate you. If you refuse the opportunity it is your loss.

If you take a moment to think about it you will realise that if the "two lights" truly were of equal measure then the moon, passing as it must in front of the sun, would always obscure it completely (a total eclipse) and never only cover a portion of it, leavin a ring visible (an annular eclipse).
Moreover, if we are taking a measure of any light we must, naturally, include their brightness - and clearly the sun is the brighter of the two.
In short, almost everything you have stated or implied in this thread has been incorrect, some of it so badly wrong it is best described as nonsense. You don't have to continue in this state of confusion and misinterpretation. The real world is so much more intersting if only you will open your mind to it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟31,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you take a moment to think about it you will realise that if the "two lights" truly were of equal measure then the moon, passing as it must in front of the sun, would always obscure it completely (a total eclipse) and never only cover a portion of it, leavin a ring visible (an annular eclipse).
I appreciate what your trying to say but;

The moon only ever catches up with the sun when there is a total eclipse, otherwise the moon will never catch up with sun.

You could say that sun & the moon is one giant clock.

a prague clock zz.jpg

Prague's famous clock.

Isn't this why God placed them in the firmament, for times & seasons ?

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: Genesis 1:14

Upvote 0