Flat Earthers, why do drops of liquids become round in free fall?

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
IMO both sides can offer data which supports a real case for their side. Since I have not and (most often) cannot verify their data firsthand, the argument will fall to a belief in their credibility and reputations.

As I've stated, I am agnostic on the issue.
For me... when the masses of people begin to run to the new thing... I tend to look back to where they are running from because, as history has recorded, we tend to run from truth to a lie. I am not saying this is a lie, I am just saying that our history has the masses making the wrong decision and that is often seen best when decisions are made on emotion.

We once believed he earth was flat and then we sailed the seas and altered our views when we didn't fall off. We are now returning to a belief abandoned 600 years ago not because of scientific evidence but because we believe the government has been lying to us about this. We THEN build a case around that... but we didn't arrive there by sound reasoning and science... we arrived there emotionally. That is why I reject this... I will not assume evil and guilt on NASA or anyone else until I have proof. We have photos of the earth taken from space since the late 50's and from more than one nation. Both those nations have to have colluded, their people who were involved, and the countless 10's of thousands (at least) who have taken pictures or seen first hand from space (from many countries) the truth. We are assuming a great evil intent by many thousands over time from different nations and NONE have come forth with ANY evidence against what is being taught. And yet... they all lied and the earth is really flat, at least on one side? :)

Anyway... nice to talk to you.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
IMO both sides can offer data which supports a real case for their side. Since I have not and (most often) cannot verify their data firsthand, the argument will fall to a belief in their credibility and reputations.

As I've stated, I am agnostic on the issue.

I could not disagree more. The evidence for a spherical earth in a heliocentric solar system is completely overwhelming. Not only that but this point of view is supported by 400 years of solid science that has been experimentally verified over and over and over again. There is no physics that explains any other system without invoking magic.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
For me... when the masses of people begin to run to the new thing... I tend to look back to where they are running from because, as history has recorded, we tend to run from truth to a lie. I am not saying this is a lie, I am just saying that our history has the masses making the wrong decision and that is often seen best when decisions are made on emotion.

We once believed he earth was flat and then we sailed the seas and altered our views when we didn't fall off. We are now returning to a belief abandoned 600 years ago not because of scientific evidence but because we believe the government has been lying to us about this. We THEN build a case around that... but we didn't arrive there by sound reasoning and science... we arrived there emotionally. That is why I reject this... I will not assume evil and guilt on NASA or anyone else until I have proof. We have photos of the earth taken from space since the late 50's and from more than one nation. Both those nations have to have colluded, their people who were involved, and the countless 10's of thousands (at least) who have taken pictures or seen first hand from space (from many countries) the truth. We are assuming a great evil intent by many thousands over time from different nations and NONE have come forth with ANY evidence against what is being taught. And yet... they all lied and the earth is really flat, at least on one side? :)
I disagree with your assessment regarding the data. I try not to pre-assume evil or guilt either, but from what I have seen, I do not see these entities as trustworthy - especially when billions and trillions of dollars and their equivalents are concerned.

Anyway... nice to talk to you.
Likewise.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
I could not disagree more. The evidence for a spherical earth in a heliocentric solar system is completely overwhelming. Not only that but this point of view is supported by 400 years of solid science that has been experimentally verified over and over and over again. There is no physics that explains any other system without invoking magic.
Thanks for sharing; I unfortunately do not share your view that the "evidence for a spherical earth in a heliocentric solar system is completely overwhelming".

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for sharing; I unfortunately do not share your view that the "evidence for a spherical earth in a heliocentric solar system is completely overwhelming".

It is possible that is because you have not seen or worked with the evidence personally as I have.

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
It is possible that is because you have not seen or worked with the evidence personally as I have.
Likewise!

I work from the basis of the evidences & data I have seen, as well as my opinion of their sources and their trustworthiness based on prior behavior ... no doubt you do too, and that we have different experiences.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do not see these entities as trustworthy - especially when billions and trillions of dollars and their equivalents are concerned.

Just had a thought about this... my response would be 'fine' but just because you don't trust the agencies (I don't necessarily either) means that 10's of thousands have colluded, from many nations and many agencies and there has not been even ONE whistle-blower with evidence? :) That is why I say we l

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Just had a thought about this... my response would be 'fine' but just because you don't trust the agencies (I don't necessarily either) means that 10's of thousands have colluded, from many nations and many agencies and there has not been even ONE whistle-blower with evidence? :) That is why I say we l
Would you whistleblow, if you were an insider? Given the amount of power they possess?

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Would you whistleblow, if you were an insider? Given the amount of power they possess?
People do... not one person out of the 10's of thousands has enough of an ethical compass to come forward? We can't even whisper a sentence around a classroom and have it come back the same by the end of 30 people. And we expect literally 10's of thousands from different nations, backgrounds, ethinicities... none have even slipped that there might be a flat earth? My gosh... the Vice President of Keurig coffeemakers couldn't even keep from slipping when they made it so only their ink would make their machines work. You have far more faith in man's ability to keep a secret than I do. :)

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
People do... not one person out of the 10's of thousands has enough of an ethical compass to come forward? We can't even whisper a sentence around a classroom and have it come back the same by the end of 30 people. And we expect literally 10's of thousands from different nations, backgrounds, ethinicities... none have even slipped that there might be a flat earth? My gosh... the Vice President of Keurig coffeemakers couldn't even keep from slipping when they made it so only their ink would make their machines work. You have far more faith in man's ability to keep a secret than I do. :)
Given the potential positive and negative incentives, I can see that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

You reference a post I have already addressed? The US government can compartmentalize all they want... we now have CIVILIAN companies in MANY different nations sending various objects into space. AND... we have MILLIONS of astronomers, most unpaid... who have serious enough equipment to see that other planets are round and who PHOTOgraph the rotation of the planets which kills your "one side flat one side round" theory. We are not only dealing with the US government, there are now >>>>70<<<< different nations who have space flight. SEVENTY! And they all are in collusion keeping it a secret that the earth is really flat? Why? If it is flat it is flat... who cares? The earth is a round ball only because that is really what it is.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
You reference a post I have already addressed? The US government can compartmentalize all they want... we now have CIVILIAN companies in MANY different nations sending various objects into space. AND... we have MILLIONS of astronomers, most unpaid... who have serious enough equipment to see that other planets are round and who PHOTOgraph the rotation of the planets which kills your "one side flat one side round" theory.
IMO "other" planets is a misnomer, as it presupposes that Earth is a planet.

We are not only dealing with the US government, there are now >>>>70<<<< different nations who have space flight. SEVENTY! And they all are in collusion keeping it a secret that the earth is really flat? Why? If it is flat it is flat... who cares? The earth is a round ball only because that is really what it is.
How many of them have personally and directly seen the whole Earth?

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How many of them have personally and directly seen the whole Earth?
Well, we have over 500 people now that have orbited the earth... much more than that number have gone sub-orbital so enough that somebody, even on their death bed... would have said something. But, look... believe what you want. If you want to come over and look through my scope that is as tall as you are and we can watch Mar's, chronicle it's rotation, take images of it's craters... I would be happy to do that. You can see it with your own eyes that way. :)

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Well, we have over 500 people now that have orbited the earth... much more than that number have gone sub-orbital so enough that somebody, even on their death bed... would have said something.
But that was not my question ... I was asking if anyone has testified that they have seen the whole of the earth - simultaneously, the whole ball, or the whole pear, etc.?

But, look... believe what you want. If you want to come over and look through my scope that is as tall as you are and we can watch Mar's, chronicle it's rotation, take images of it's craters... I would be happy to do that. You can see it with your own eyes that way. :)
Thanks, but showing me Mars does not directly tell me anything about Earth.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But that was not my question ... I was asking if anyone has testified that they have seen the whole of the earth - simultaneously, the whole ball, or the whole pear, etc.?

Um, yes, in the form of hundreds of thousands or millions of photographs that have never been challenged by anyone but unrelated and untrained internet people who see conspiracies under every rock. Nobody has challenged anything save for a very RECENT movement on the internet by people who have no first hand knowledge of anything. :)

Thanks, but showing me Mars does not directly tell me anything about Earth.

Right... so God created (or this incredible explosion, depending on your beliefs) happened and we can see with our own eyes that Mars is a ball. We have millions of pix that earth is a ball and at least thousands can testify that the pictures are accurate. But that tells you nothing about Earth? :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Um, yes, in the form of hundreds of thousands or millions of photographs that have never been challenged by anyone but unrelated and untrained internet people who see conspiracies under every rock. Nobody has challenged anything save for a very RECENT movement on the internet by people who have no first hand knowledge of anything. :)

Right... so God created (or this incredible explosion, depending on your beliefs) happened and we can see with our own eyes that Mars is a ball. We have millions of pix that earth is a ball and at least thousands can testify that the pictures are accurate. But that tells you nothing about Earth? :)
Is there a possibility that pictures can be computer generated?

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is there a possibility that pictures can be computer generated?
Yes, in 1946 that happened all the time. :)

Seriously... the answer is yes... all of them could be and yet NOBODY from any of those 70 nations, civilian companies, military, astronomy world... none have come forward or even written something or produced something anonymously showing them or EVEN HINTING at them to be false??? Come on...

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Yes, in 1946 that happened all the time. :)

Seriously... the answer is yes... all of them could be and yet NOBODY from any of those 70 nations, civilian companies, military, astronomy world... none have come forward or even written something or produced something anonymously showing them or EVEN HINTING at them to be false??? Come on...
Where can I find a photo of the whole Earth from 1946?

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
I didn't say it was of the whole earth... that was the first photograph taken from space.
Yes, but that's what I'm looking for - unquestionable, unretouched, non-composited photos of the whole earth. And no, examining Mars tells me nothing about Earth - unless one already presupposes that Earth is a planet.

Upvote 0