Texas
✟2,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't seem to understand what it says. It explicitly says that he thinks gravity must be mediated - and it is. The fact is that it was Newton who developed the Universal Law of Gravitation that allowed us to measure the force of gravity.

Again, he said what he said. His words, not mine. You are pitting Newton against Newton.

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟234,873.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
I did. I was not impressed. Why did you find it convincing?

I watched it too, and was equally unimpressed. It consists of a sequence of claims unsupported by any material evidence.

Upvote 0

OnePath

Oct 26, 2021
Texas
✟2,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

are you aware ships sail around the world?

I normally don't do this, but if you're going to keep responding on a flat earth thread, you should at least be aware of some of the basics of the concept. Circumnavigation on a globe and a flat earth both result in a circular course. This video gives a brief simplified overview of the concept.

You might want to stay on that channel a while if you think having an understanding of the topic might be beneficial to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I normally don't do this, but if you're going to keep responding on a flat earth thread, you should at least be aware of some of the basics of the concept. Circumnavigation on a globe and a flat earth both result in a circular course. This video gives a brief simplified overview of the concept.

You might want to stay on that channel a while if you think having an understanding of the topic might be beneficial to you.

Hilarious video. The title alone broke quite a few irony meters.

Do you understand yet how you admitted to not having any scientific evidence for the Flat Earth? Scientific evidence is a well defined concept. I can find quite a few sources that will give essentially the same definition as in my sig.

In the sciences cowardice is not allowed. One must put one's money where one's mouth is, so to speak. To even have evidence one must first have a testable hypothesis. A hypothesis is essentially a model of your beliefs. The model needs to be testable. Otherwise you only have an ad hoc explanation. Those are worthless in the sciences.

Now you know. Do you think that you can develop a testable model. If you saw Behind the Curve you would have seen an experiment that would have provided scientific evidence for the Flat Earth run by various Flat Earthers. One as using light at night to show that there was no curve. That failed. The results were what one would expect with a curve. Another member somehow acquired a very expensive laser based gyroscope. They set it up and said that it should not change. If they were wrong they would observe a drift. To be precise, they would observe a 15 degree per hour drift. Guess what they saw?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

perhaps you are paranoid
Or perhaps you are. Since my explanation does not require anything extraordinary it looks as if you are the sufferer.

You have yet to state what convinced you from that video? The ship looked huge to me. Did it look huge to you? If that is the case why didn't anyone else see it? Why didn't anyone else record it? I would have. I would only have had to take my phone out and I would have a video as good as theirs was.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

I focus on the people who took photo and video evidence

And it appears that you were fooled. Have you ever watched a magic trick? It is fun when you first figure out how they did it. After that they tend to get boring rather quickly. This is no different. Once again, if it was real countless people would have observed it and recorded it. That they did not should give you a hint.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.