Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

to their credit the military was chasing it
Really? Where is the evidence of that? If the video is the only source that makes that claim once again alarm bells should go off.

You gave me a date and a very rough location. Nothing was to be found when I did a Google search of that. Once again, countless people would have seen that and videoed it. That appears to be the only source. That screams "Fake!"

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

magic is real too

No, it really is not. I would post some Penn and Teller videos for you, but they tend to use crude language sometimes and that is frowned upon here. Magic is also called "illusion" because they know that they are lying to you. Most adults know that it is fake too. It is just fun to see.

• Agree
Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

because you lack faith / the presence of doubt

just as delusion would lead someone to flat earth

I suppose I should just think we are human
Wow! One hundred percent backwards as usual. When ideas cannot be tested, such as your failed video that should have had thousands that saw it, they tend to be wrong. You are no different from a Flat Earther in this regard. The evidence tells us that the Earth is not flat. The evidence also tells us that no one has a reliable siting of aliens.

You are embracing a delusion. Or actually in this case and illusion.

Upvote 0

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
UFO%20Artist%20John%20Emmett.jpg

Artist Rendition

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

the UFO I saw (at a young age)
The problem is that people are easily confused. I am not saying that you are lying. People see UFO's all of the time, That merely means that they see something in the air that the DO NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS. The error is in assuming that something that one did not understand was an alien. Right now it appears that you cannot reason rationally since you seem to want what you saw to be an alien.

How would you test what you saw? You probably can't. That means that it was not a reliable observation. Did you make a recording of it? Then all you have is memory and memory is highly plastic. Your mind can and does change the "facts" of a memory. It is why eye witness testimony is extremely unreliable. In a murder case it is the weakest evidence that a prosecutor can legally present. It can be highly convincing to others that do not realize how unreliable memory is.

Did you have a friend with you when you saw it? Here is one test that you could take to see how reliable your memories are. Both of you would have to write down what he saw, without talking to you or you talking to him at all. Any discussion of it would make the experiment worthless. Then compare notes. You would probably be very surprised as to what was written.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

honestly you don't know

but you think you do

honestly this is common
You only have mere belief. I base my beliefs upon testable observations.

You should be more skeptical. You appear to be making the error of conflating skepticism with denial. They are totally different. A skeptic, once given reliable evidence, will change his mind. A denier will not. I explained to you why your evidence was probably faked. You had no response to those explanations. In other words you tacitly admitted that you were wrong.

Do you have a way of confirming that video? It failed my test spectacularly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.