Florida
✟116,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've always wondered what difference it makes. Because I don't really care if the Earth is flat or round. Outside of proving "they LIED to us!", I don't see how it matters any.
That's because you never had a family member attempt to traverse the globe pole to pole and fall off the edge ... never to be seen again. :(

[;)]

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Experience
Sorry, that sounds like confirmation bias. People have a tendency to believe what they want to believe. One reason that the sciences are so successful in solving problems is that they have found ways to deal with that tendency. The sciences are evidence based. Not feeling based. One has to be willing to put one's beliefs to the test. If one cannot think of a possible test to refute one's ideas one is not using the scientific method. One cannot even have evidence for one's beliefs if one is not willing to test them.

That is why the Flat Earth woo woo fails so badly. Every Flat Earthers that I know of is deathly afraid of testing their ideas properly. There is no Flat Earth model. At best they will have a series of self contradicting ad hoc explanations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

our life is like a lightning flash in the sky

hence it is very shallow to think of this only
It is very shallow to play make believe games. If your beliefs have some validity why can't you support them at all? If anything your sort of approach is an argument against religious beliefs.

Upvote 0

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
It is very shallow to play make believe games. If your beliefs have some validity why can't you support them at all? If anything your sort of approach is an argument against religious beliefs.

my comments are basic and simple, matter of fact

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.