Earth
✟17,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay, so then this is not a discussion...
You presented the topic so it is up to you to show your side and explain it. Not ours.

This has nothing to do with Salvation, so you are not going to find anything in the Bible about it.

Hope that saves some time.

Focus on learning from God's word and not YouTube. God's word will always be here while YouTube disappears into nothingness, like all MAN MADE constructs.
Paper's manmade..

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Those satellites would have to be super bright to see it from that far away.

The satellites are reflecting light from the Sun. And the Sun is super bright.

It's probably just an aircraft. :doh:

Nope, not aircraft. Aircraft display a different pattern of lights most notably the fact they have flashing lights on their wingtips. I've captured aircraft on long-exposure astrophotography and you can see the pattern of blinks. This site has an example (first photo) of what an airplane looks like in such a photo: Research at a snail's pace: Photographing the night sky

Plus, aircraft make audible noise. Satellites don't.

Spend a few nights star gazing and you'll quickly learn to recognize different types of aerial phenomena at night.

Upvote 0

Karin12414

Nothing is impossible for my God!
Jul 9, 2018
Lakeland
✟29,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Paper's manmade..

Yup, and most people are going electronic, so you just proved my point.

You also posted another YouTube video as opposed to posting something relevant and with substance.

I call Troll.

Upvote 0

Karin12414

Jul 9, 2018
Lakeland
✟29,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Lol WOW, just noticed this reminder at the top of this page:

Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Upvote 0

The.Cartographer

Dec 18, 2019
Earth
✟17,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay... This video tells me litterall nothing but that the person who made it hit the pipe a little too much. Yeah it looked like an eye socket and Italy looks like a boot, WHO CARES?

Humans are naturally narcissistic and have ALWAYS done this:
Seeing faces in inanimate objects is common, and it has a name: pareidolia. It's a psychological phenomenon that causes the human brain to lend significance—and facial features, in particular—to random patterns.

You still haven't answered my question. I don't care to see a video of you trying to prove your side or prove why I should believe what you believe.

What does this have to do with salvation? When you die and are at the Judgement Seat of God, what will your beliefs in a flat Earth gain you in His presence?
I care; it means that Jesus died for us so that we may live and his presence can be seen and felt to this day. It means God is real, Christianity has relevancy in the modern age and that we are being judged. But you saw it didn't you?

I don't see how it's narcissistic to point out the obvious. It's ultimately kinda narcissistic to think there's a God that loves you and that you're special and that you're somehow guaranteed salvation just cause you really believe it. That's narcissistic.

I'm not sure how I didn't answer your question? You said in your own words that you don't care to see a video of me trying to prove my side, which ironically enough happens to be yours lol. So I don't see why you're responding back with "you're wrong, I don't care what you think." It's funny in a weird sorta way.

Upvote 0

The.Cartographer

Dec 18, 2019
Earth
✟17,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lol WOW, just noticed this reminder at the top of this page:

Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

A video responding to Karin that best summarizes the situation.

• Agree
Reactions: Karin12414
Upvote 0

Karin12414

Jul 9, 2018
Lakeland
✟29,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I care; it means that Jesus died for us so that we may live and his presence can be seen and felt to this day. It means God is real, Christianity has relevancy in the modern age and that we are being judged. But you saw it didn't you?

I don't see how it's narcissistic to point out the obvious. It's ultimately kinda narcissistic to think there's a God that loves you and that you're special and that you're somehow guaranteed salvation just cause you really believe it. That's narcissistic.

I'm not sure how I didn't answer your question? You said in your own words that you don't care to see a video of me trying to prove my side, which ironically enough happens to be yours lol. So I don't see why you're responding back with "you're wrong, I don't care what you think." It's funny in a weird sorta way.

I never said "you're wrong and I don't care what you think" I have been asking the opposite, but you have yet to give me anything.

I don't want to watch a bad YouTube video that tells me nothing, I want to know what this has to do with your Salvation at the end of the day? That was my first and ONLY contribution to this discussion and you are just making no sense. I have yet to stray from my goal in this "discussion" while you posted a video about paper...

Come on man.

Upvote 0

The.Cartographer

Dec 18, 2019
Earth
✟17,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never said "you're wrong and I don't care what you think" I have been asking the opposite, but you have yet to give me anything.

I don't want to watch a bad YouTube video that tells me nothing, I want to know what this has to do with your Salvation at the end of the day? That was my first and ONLY contribution to this discussion and you are just making no sense. I have yet to stray from my goal in this "discussion" while you posted a video about paper...

Come on man.
Really? I thought the video was quite good and informative.

I think it has to do with my salvation because it made me believe in a higher being again.

WHAT is your goal in this discussion anyways, other than to belittle my beliefs and dismiss my evidence unfairly.

Upvote 0

Karin12414

Jul 9, 2018
Lakeland
✟29,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
WHAT is your goal in this discussion anyways, other than to belittle my beliefs and dismiss my evidence unfairly.

Please show me where I "belittled" your beliefs. Also, go back and read ALL of my responses, because I PROMISE you will find my goal in this discussion laid out pretty clearly. Multiple times too.

Upvote 0

The.Cartographer

Dec 18, 2019
Earth
✟17,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please show me where I "belittled" your beliefs. Also, go back and read ALL of my responses, because I PROMISE you will find my goal in this discussion laid out pretty clearly. Multiple times too.
Eh, I just got a little irked that you thought the video was bad. The CAPITALIZATIONS came off as sarcastic as well; I don't know if they were meant to be or not though. Apologies if I misinterpreted it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Okay... This video tells me litterall nothing but that the person who made it hit the pipe a little too much. Yeah it looked like an eye socket and Italy looks like a boot, WHO CARES?

Wait, so the video that the Cartographer linked back in post #81 in response to my question of observable orbital satellites has nothing to do with explaining observable orbital satellites? Now I'm doubly glad I didn't bother to watch it. What a waste of time that would have been.

• Haha
Reactions: Karin12414
Upvote 0

The.Cartographer

Dec 18, 2019
Earth
✟17,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wait, so the video that the Cartographer linked back in post #81 in response to my question of observable orbital satellites has nothing to do with explaining observable orbital satellites? Now I'm doubly glad I didn't bother to watch it. What a waste of time that would have been.
Yeah just like taking the time it took to write that. :doh:

Upvote 0

Karin12414

Jul 9, 2018
Lakeland
✟29,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Eh, I just got a little irked that you thought the video was bad. The CAPITALIZATIONS came off as sarcastic as well; I don't know if they were meant to be or not though. Apologies if I misinterpreted it.
IllIadmit some frustration on my part as well. I normally avoid posts like this because they kind of upset me, but I wanted to understand my uncle a bit. Not his belief in a flat Earth, I couldn't care less what he chooses to believe in that respect. I want to understand why he and so many other flat Earthers talk about it being connected to Christianity at all.

It won't get you to heaven bro, so maybe... Move on to something that will... Like God..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

The.Cartographer

Dec 18, 2019
Earth
✟17,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
IllIadmit some frustration on my part as well. I normally avoid posts like this because they kind of upset me, but I wanted to understand my uncle a bit. Not his belief in a flat Earth, I couldn't care less what he chooses to believe in that respect. I want to understand why he and so many other flat Earthers talk about it being connected to Christianity at all.

It won't get you to heaven bro, so maybe... Move on to something that will... Like God..
Flat Earthers talk about it being connected to Christianity because it's in the bible, and it confuses us that a source that says it in their own holy books would so easily dismiss the idea and so readily agree with scientists who view the idea of Christianity as stupid.

How do you know what would get me into heaven? How are the two not connected? Isn't the idea of us being under Gods dome more closer to God than thinking we're just a fluke that happened to exist?

Upvote 0

The.Cartographer

Dec 18, 2019
Earth
✟17,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟276,056.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Did your flight go over the poles? I don't see how it disproves the flat earth model.

Of course you don't. And that's the problem.

Here's a hint though: what are the direct flight distances and flying times for Sydney-Santiago and Sydney-Johannesburg under spherical and flat earth models?

• Winner
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

The.Cartographer

Dec 18, 2019
Earth
✟17,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course you don't. And that's the problem.

Here's a hint though: what are the direct flight distances and flying times for Sydney-Santiago and Sydney-Johannesburg under spherical and flat earth models?
The same? :idea:

Upvote 0