England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We like the good old British meal,fish and chips with peas. Just every now and again we go to our local 'beefeaters',between 12.20 and 6.30pm and have a delicious meal costing £5 each! Complete with tartar sauce and vinegar. Add a diet pepsi cherry Coke. Wonderful! How about you?

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,942.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We drove to our log cabin in the Welsh mountains a few weeks ago, and arrived feeling tired. Just as we turned into the village, there was a fish and chip van! Wow, tea all cooked on site and ready. The best fried fish I have had in a long while. :)

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟778,345.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I like fish and chips done properly. There is one fish and chip shop I go to in town because the fish and batter are of good quality and the chips are to die for!
My other favourite is the Toby Carvery. There's one close to the town centre and on the outskirts in Norton Canes, Staffordshire. It's a pub that has a carvery 7 days a week but it's usually quieter during the week rather than weekends. You get a selection of your favourite meats (turkey, gammon, pork, beef) and you help yourself to roast potatoes veg and gravy. All very well reasonably priced.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟778,345.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Just every now and again we go to our local 'beefeaters',between 12.20 and 6.30pm and have a delicious meal costing £5 each!
We have a local Beefeater which i visit with friends from time to time. We love the steaks and the triple cooked chips which they're happy to replenish when they're eaten! And as you say, if you get there at the right time you can get the special menu deal!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,942.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Another good place for a lovely fish and chip meal is Morrisons supermarket restaurant with a free drink after 3pm.
Yes, we have a very good Morrisons as well :)

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟635,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
If you're ever in our fair city; the best fish and chips in Nashville TN are at Fleet Street Pub in Printer's Alley.
Cheers!!

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We like the good old British meal,fish and chips with peas. Just every now and again we go to our local 'beefeaters',between 12.20 and 6.30pm and have a delicious meal costing £5 each! Complete with tartar sauce and vinegar. Add a diet pepsi cherry Coke. Wonderful! How about you?

I have too many favourete meals, often it depends where and when I am as to what is the best.

On holiday almost any takeaway will be a favourete if of a good standard while on Sunday Roast beef, with all the trimmings and a good red wine is best so long as all the family is there.

As a new empty nester the key for a great meal is a full house.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟778,345.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
At our two open area museums, the Black Country Living Museum and Ironbridge Museums, you can go back in history and walk along historic streets exploring shops with people dressed up in costume. One of the highlights of the day is buying fish and chips, cooked in beef dripping of course, and wrapped in the old-fashioned way. One of the sites has a system where you can change your money into "shillings" and use them to pay for your fish and chips. Like most places nowadays, they also accept chip and pin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟778,345.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
11043051_1065327223483517_8539516187352454282_n.jpg

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟778,345.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Compared to other takeaway foods, fish and chips is often considered one of the healthiest. The fish provides essential vitamins, omega 3 fatty acids, calcium, iodine, iron and zinc as well as being rich in protein. The potatoes provide vitamin C and potassium. The peas of course provide one portion of your recommended daily vegetable intake. The batter in which the fish is cooked is arguably unhealthy, but these days people cook in vegetable oil which is low in saturated fat and high in polyunsaturates.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,942.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Compared to other takeaway foods, fish and chips is often considered one of the healthiest. The fish provides essential vitamins, omega 3 fatty acids, calcium, iodine, iron and zinc as well as being rich in protein. The potatoes provide vitamin C and potassium. The peas of course provide one portion of your recommended daily vegetable intake. The batter in which the fish is cooked is arguably unhealthy, but these days people cook in vegetable oil which is low in saturated fat and high in polyunsaturates.
But you need saturated fat for the brain, isn't processed food and sugar the enemy? ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,942.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I often think of the little lad who brought his fish and bread and offered them to Jesus who gave thanks to God and multiplied them to feed thousands of people!
I used to act out this story for my children when they were young, as if I was an apologetic disciple, and then the amazement of finding I had more bread than before, every time I gave some away. Such fun we had :)

Last edited:
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0