Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Singer Macy Gray says it's time for the U.S. flag to be updated as it "no longer represents ALL of us."

Writing for MarketWatch, the 53-year-old Grammy winner likened the current flag to the "tired" Confederate one, citing the insurrectionists who carried the Stars and Stripes when storming the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

"The American flag has been hijacked as code for a specific belief," the "I Try" singer wrote in her June 17 op-ed. "God bless those believers, they can have it. Like the Confederate, it is tattered, dated, divisive and incorrect. It no longer represents democracy and freedom. It no longer represents ALL of us. It’s not fair to be forced to honor it. It’s time for a new flag."
Singer Macy Gray writes op-ed calling for the U.S. flag to be replaced: 'It is tattered, dated, divisive and incorrect'

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What should we replace it with? The rainbow flag? :rolleyes:

I wouldn't doubt it. They're already flying that thing over government buildings. Now that they've got their "pride" flag where they want it, they'll demand that America's flag be taken down. They'll probably start saying, "It ain't right to have a flag of pride flown along wit a flag o shame!"

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't doubt it. They're already flying that thing over government buildings. Now that they've got their "pride" flag where they want it, they'll demand that America's flag be taken down. They'll probably start saying, "It ain't right to have a flag of pride flown along wit a flag o shame!"

Is it the same theys in that paragraph or a bunch of different theys? I note the last group of theys appear to talk like pirates.

• Haha
Reactions: Occams Barber
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is it the same theys in that paragraph or a bunch of different theys? I note the last group of theys appear to talk like pirates.

Maybe they are. They got their own flag you know. Might become appropriate too.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
  • Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Option 1 - A flag with the Initials BLM
Option 2 - A flag with a raised fist
Option 3 - a Rainbow flag

These are the only legitimate flags from now on.

Until the people they represent become offended by being represented by a piece of cloth blowing helplessly in the wind while attached to a pole, which could be seen as being too similar to a lynching scene.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
  • Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,386.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I didn't say there weren't excesses, but I do remember the Neo-confederate backlash here last summer. (Hence my avatar.)
What in the end is the difference between Lincoln and the confederates? Both were racist, both wanted the blacks separated from the USA either in the form of slavery or in going to Liberia.

You call it excess. It's better to recognize that it was part of the plan to get rid of Lincoln from the beginning.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I didn't say there weren't excesses, but I do remember the Neo-confederate backlash here last summer. (Hence my avatar.)

And I remember the accurate predictions that the "protesters" who started tearing down confederate statues wouldn't stop until they tore down every representation or reference to America's history, whether it be confederate soldiers, founding fathers, Conservative movie actors, streets named after people the Left hates, etc.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Until the people they represent become offended by being represented by a piece of cloth blowing helplessly in the wind while attached to a pole

As opposed to the people offended by some has been singer saying it should be a different piece of cloth.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,386.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Sigh, but then what should one expect from a 21st century monarchist.
Not my position mind you but the position of those who want to tear down statues. There was no excess on their part but a consistent application of anti racist ideology. There can be no stopping when it comes to iconoclasm. All of the profane images must be destroyed.

• Agree
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Singer Macy Gray says it's time for the U.S. flag to be updated as it "no longer represents ALL of us."

Writing for MarketWatch, the 53-year-old Grammy winner likened the current flag to the "tired" Confederate one, citing the insurrectionists who carried the Stars and Stripes when storming the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

"The American flag has been hijacked as code for a specific belief," the "I Try" singer wrote in her June 17 op-ed. "God bless those believers, they can have it. Like the Confederate, it is tattered, dated, divisive and incorrect. It no longer represents democracy and freedom. It no longer represents ALL of us. It’s not fair to be forced to honor it. It’s time for a new flag."
Singer Macy Gray writes op-ed calling for the U.S. flag to be replaced: 'It is tattered, dated, divisive and incorrect'
This is no surprised. America is stolen land . Nothing more. Natives want their land back. Of course Macy Gray/ African American will be surprised, when they realize . This land doesn't belong to them. And the flag decisions belong to Natives. Not African American.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I'll just leave this here.

"During the late 19th century, when most Native Americans were confined to reservations, the federal government engaged in a cultural assimilation campaign by forcing thousands of Native American children to attend boarding schools. In 1879, the Carlisle Indian Industrial School in Pennsylvania was founded by Richard Pratt, who believed that Native people would not succeed unless their traditions, habits, and beliefs were eradicated. Based on Pratt’s “kill the Indian in him and save the man” philosophy, the Carlisle school became a national model."

"Parents who resisted their children’s removal to boarding schools were imprisoned and had their children forcibly taken from them. Chief Lomahongyoma and 18 other Hopi Indians were imprisoned on Alcatraz Island in the San Francisco Bay for refusing to send their children to government-run boarding schools and resisting the Bureau of Indian Affairs’s efforts to force them to adopt farming practices that were inconsistent with their cultural values."

"Cultural Genocide" and Native American Children

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Option 1 - A flag with the Initials BLM
Option 2 - A flag with a raised fist
Option 3 - a Rainbow flag

These are the only legitimate flags from now on.
Best to leave it alone. America is stolen Native Indianan land. If the American flag is changed. The Natives should do the changing.

Upvote 0