First Bowling Green - Now a phantom massacre in Sweden?

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I read the OP's link (which you posted) and it did not say that Trump referred to an act of terrorism in Sweden.

In fact, it called his reference "vague." But that doesn't bother you; we are just supposed to believe he was referring to a mass murder by ISIS operatives rather than to something else "terrible," right?
"Here's the bottom line. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden. They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what's happening in Brussels. You look at what's happening all over the world. Take a look at Nice."

This seems to refer to a specific and violent event "last night" in the country of Sweden that's in some way caused by refugees who have been admitted.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"Here's the bottom line. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden. They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what's happening in Brussels. You look at what's happening all over the world. Take a look at Nice."

This seems to refer to a specific and violent event...."

Really? Consider all the crimes that have been committed in Europe by these immigrants from Africa and the Middle East over the past couple of years. Are they all what we think of when we hear the word "terrorism?" It's been reported that 90% of the rapes committed in Norway, for example, are at the hands of recent immigrants. Is that what the word "terrorism" first brings to mind when it's said?

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I read the OP's link (which you posted) and it did not say that Trump referred to an act of terrorism in Sweden.

In fact, it called his reference "vague." But that doesn't bother you; we are just supposed to believe he was referring to a mass murder by ISIS operatives rather than to something else "terrible," right?

I can't believe you folk are so automatically springing to his defence.
The man stuffed it up.
Again!

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What we've been discussing is his alleged reference to "terrorism." However, any careful reading of the article that we were given to look at will show that there is no reference to him having claimed an act of "terrorism" (however that might be defined) in Sweden. As a matter of fact, something else is hinted at in that article, not a bombing, stabbing, or shooting.

You know the best support you could give him is to just remain silent and hope it all goes away!

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Really? Consider all the crimes that have been committed in Europe by these immigrants from Africa and the Middle East over the past couple of years. Are they all what we think of when we hear the word "terrorism?"
Okay, so what specific event was it that happened "last night"?

This isn't even criticism. The President of the United States of America held an early campaign rally at which he voluntarily referred to an event that took place in Sweden the previous night. I would like to know: what was this event that has such importance for US politics?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“You look at what’s happening,” he told his supporters. “We’ve got to keep our country safe. You look at what’s happening in Germany, you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this?”
Others speculated that Mr. Trump might have been influenced by a Fox News interview of Ami Horowitz, a filmmaker who asserts that migrants in Sweden have been associated with an increase in crime, by the correspondent Tucker Carlson. “They often times try to cover up some of these crimes,” Mr. Horowitz said, arguing that those who try to tell the truth about the situation are shouted down as racists and xenophobes.

Is this something like his statements about the Muslims he could see across the river celebrating when the Towers came down? Then he clarified and said that he saw it on the news. Did he see something on the news about Sweden?

Soup salad folks, who knows what he really meant.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: dgiharris
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why are WE expected to know what event he had reference to???

Because it's YOUR knees that are jerking in automatic defence of ANYTHING this circus performer says!

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well...

"You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden. They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what's happening in Brussels. You look at what's happening all over the world. Take a look at Nice."

The various "You look" phrases seem to be exhorting the listeners to consider these events. So one assumes they aren't events that no person on earth knows about.

These remarks have kind of been defended on this thread, so I thought maybe someone here knew what this event was in Sweden "last night".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The various "You look" phrases seem to be exhorting the listeners to consider these events. So one assumes they aren't events that no person on earth knows about.
The double negative threw me off for a moment, but I would agree to that.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,533.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
So you are Swedish or have intimate knowledge of Sweden? Great. Tell us more. Share the facts about Sweden with us.

Trump says whatever he wants for his crowd, and they will swallow it all. He doesn't care about truth or what the "hawks" think or say. They are annoying but irrelevant to him.

31 August 2016,
Un rest where I live, soundbombs, se
tting alight the road, burning tyres, pallets anything that would burn, smashing busshelters, and vandalizing in general.
The police came and fire service plus ambulance, but none entered because have been stoned, one police said they did not enter because there was a risk someone would be killed.

The police and authorities do their best to hush these events up,
so as not to rock the boat.

Unfortunately these things happen both in US and the continent.

It is trendy to go out on the streets and set cars on fire and smash windows.

I call it lunacy, what you call it,
I don,t give two hoots about.

Those who are anxious over this Word spoken by your democratly elected president, it is not going to change the colour of the moon,
and it is his problem to explain.

So why worry?

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The double negative threw me off for a moment, but I would agree to that.
Okay, cool. Do you happen to know of any media source at all that tells us what the event in question was?

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

This seems to refer to a specific and violent event "last night" in the country of Sweden that's in some way caused by refugees who have been admitted.

Guess he hasn't spent time on CF to see who would believe it, lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I just want to know WHAT they believe. Whoever it is that believes it.

They seem to believe whatever Trump tells them to believe. By they I mean Trump apologists.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
When you don't have an answer, just throw out a string of insults, eh??
:ahah:

How is that an insult??

EVERY SINGLE TIME this...man...says a stupid thing, or lies, or tries to make policy that is thrown back in his face, what is the response from both him and his followers?

"It wasn't me, it wasn't me! They've all got it in for me!"

When has he or his supporters EVER said anything like "I got that wrong", or "We could have done that better", or even "Sorry"??

Never.

It's the courts. It's the media. It's sneaky Democrats. It's "someone gave me that information". It's "fake news".

This man is a coward. A megalomaniacal coward.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
They seem to believe whatever Trump tells them to believe. By they I mean Trump apologists.
I guess in this case, until I hear otherwise, I'll have to assume that that belief is "something happened."

I remember when people argued about what things meant or how they should be interpreted. We used to call it "current events". It was kind of assumed that at least SOME of the things that were printed in the paper in some way resembled reality. "A dog got loose and bit someone. Do you think the owner should be held responsible?"

Then there was a time where what was happening at all was up for debate.

"I say your dog got loose and bit me."
"Well, I say my dog was at home. It was some other dog that bit you."

Now it seems we're moving into a time where you can be for something without knowing what it is. And the arguments are about whether there is something to be for or to believe in -- or not. Or whether there's even a claim regarding that.

"Someone referred to something a dog did, and I believe that person."
"What do they say the dog did?"
"What dog?"
"The one the person said did something."
"What person?"
"The person you referred to as 'someone' when you started speaking."
"I don't refer to people as 'someone.' That's rude."
"You did refer to someone making a claim about a dog's actions. What were the alleged actions?"
"I have never spoken, and am not speaking now."

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I guess in this case, until I hear otherwise, I'll have to assume that that belief is "something happened."

I remember when people argued about what things meant or how they should be interpreted. We used to call it "current events". It was kind of assumed that at least SOME of the things that were printed in the paper in some way resembled reality. "A dog got loose and bit someone. Do you think the owner should be held responsible?"

Then there was a time where what was happening at all was up for debate.

"I say your dog got loose and bit me."
"Well, I say my dog was at home. It was some other dog that bit you."

Now it seems we're moving into a time where you can be for something without knowing what it is. And the arguments are about whether there is something to be for or to believe in -- or not. Or whether there's even a claim regarding that.

"Someone referred to something a dog did, and I believe that person."
"What do they say the dog did?"
"What dog?"
"The one the person said did something."
"What person?"
"The person you referred to as 'someone' when you started speaking."
"I don't refer to people as 'someone.' That's rude."
"You did refer to someone making a claim about a dog's actions. What were the alleged actions?"
"I have never spoken, and am not speaking now."

Maybe when Trump was growing up he got away with being a fabulist bc there weren't as many ways to so quickly check him. Or bc he was such a bully people just let him. Now you can verify & there are people who've got a spine. Sure there's some fake news but there's also a lot of reliable news sources & there's people from around the world connected to give info.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,150,873.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
At what point do you stop defending him? Honest question. In a major speech he referenced a terrorist event in Sweden last night that never happened, why are you defending his blatant dishonesty?

Upvote 0