First Bowling Green - Now a phantom massacre in Sweden?

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,341.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Research suggests that people overestimate the relationship between immigration and criminality. A 2016 study of Belgium found that living in an ethnically diverse community lead to a greater fear of crime, unrelated to the actual crime rate.
Citation: Hooghe, Marc; de Vroome, Thomas (2016-01-01). "The relation between ethnic diversity and fear of crime: An analysis of police records and survey data in Belgian communities". International Journal of Intercultural Relations.

A 2015 study found that the increase in immigration flows into western European countries that took place in the 2000s did "not affect crime victimization, but it is associated with an increase in the fear of crime, the latter being consistently and positively correlated with the natives’ unfavourable attitude toward immigrants.
Citation: Nunziata, Luca (2015-03-04). "Immigration and crime: evidence from victimization data". Journal of Population Economics.

Americans dramatically overestimate the relationship between refugees and terrorism.
Citation: America's puzzling moral ambivalence about Middle East refugees | Brookings Institution". Brookings. 2016-06-28

• Informative
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
You want to talk about dogs, I want to talk about the subject of this thread. The article had the wrong picture, whether intentional or not it does not matter. There are many bigger problems and you want to keep attacking me with your strawman arguments because you cannot defend Sweden's self destruction. I got the list of links online, I did not verify because it does not matter in the end; Sweden is still the rape capital of the world and the majority of the migrants are freeloaders.

Lulz. Get real. This thread is about Trump having made crap up, deflected accountability for doing so, as usual. Then trying to weasel his way into a justification by saying "but this happened, so that means that what I said happened that didn't actually happen still happened." It's showing no regard for integrity or honesty. You're doing the same thing! No, I don't want to talk about dogs. You know that was never the point, but you're wanting to play this silly little game of trying to make it the point. The point was that you posted a false claim, & instead of ever admitting that, you made up weak excuses, lashed out, diverted & tried to justify it all.
Do you not believe that bearing false witness is a sin? Do you not get that's what you've done? Truth does matter in the end!

You've never been to Sweden, have you? It's why what you write is so lulzy. You're getting all your "facts" online & you're probably picking sources from other people with your little Pepe the Frog alt-right symbol. Hence the reason you posted something totally fake about an "Arab immigrant" attacking a child.

No, Sweden is not the "rape capital of the world" & it's extremely ignorant & illogical to say it is. 1st, even the ones pushing that debunked myth didn't say the world, they said Europe. The way rape is defined & how it's reported makes the rate seem much higher than it actually is.
Did you know that their economy has improved over the past 5 yrs bc of immigrants?
How immigration in Sweden is leading to an economic boom

Have you compared their homicide rate per capita to the US's?

I'm not defending Sweden, I'm defending facts.

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is Dagens Nyheter a "pro hate site?"

You failed to answer the question. Do you consider the "list of sources" you decided to post here to be a credible source of information? Do you consider muslimstatistics.wordpress, themuslimissue.wordpress.com, speisa.com,christiannationalism.com, stormfront.org, nordfront.se and the like to be good sources for that real non-fake unbiased information about muslim immigrants?

Someone at the stormfront actually had the wits to ask his fellow brothers-in-white if speisa.com was an onion-type site to troll them ignorant racists. Others assured him that it's a legit bona fide site for the racist pro-hate minded.

You know, you could have said that sorry, you didn't realize that your "list of sources" contained that kind of sites and had you known, you wouldn't have posted that list here, because you are not that kind of person. Instead, you keep trying to defend the indefensible.

You have chosen your company and stand with the pro-hate side: Anders Behring Breivik, Daesh, Timothy McVeigh, all those sad armchair generals and sympathiser of Daesh who hunch behind their computers to read the Daesh-versions of stormfront and themuslimissue.wordpress.com for that "real information" on what's happening in the world and to copy & paste the Daesh-version of your "list of sourses" to spread the exact same ideology of hate. And those who stand with hate are the real enemies of people of faith. Not Muslims, not immigrants, not "Africans". Haters.

Reactions: LinguaIgnota
Upvote 0

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
You failed to answer the question. Do you consider the "list of sources" you decided to post here to be a credible source of information? Do you consider muslimstatistics.wordpress, themuslimissue.wordpress.com, speisa.com,christiannationalism.com, stormfront.org, nordfront.se and the like to be good sources for that real non-fake unbiased information about muslim immigrants?

I think you got the wrong guy here.

Upvote 0

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
According to this NYT article, the police in Sweden were hesitant to report sexual assaults by immigrants. It makes me wonder if this is more widespread, withholding information about certain criminal activity for political reasons. We know that happened in Rotherham.

The Swedish newspaper said that the police had not mentioned the attacks until it published details about them, and it accused the authorities of failing to warn the public before the festival that similar attacks had occurred in 2014, prompting speculation that the authorities were trying to avoid an anti-immigrant backlash.

The newspaper reported that it had seen a police memo from last summer that urged vigilance because there had been a problem at the festival the previous year “with young men who rub themselves against young girls.” It reported that the attackers were mostly migrants, including from Afghanistan.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/12/world/europe/swedish-police-coverup-sexual-assault.html?_r=0

And here's a piece from The Guardian that reports the police in Sweden withheld information about sexual assaults:

Sweden’s prime minister has condemned a “double betrayal” of women after allegations that police covered up sexual harassment by recent immigrants at a music festival in Stockholm. Meanwhile, reports have emerged of attacks on women in Malmö on New Year’s Eve.

Groups of refugees molested concertgoers at We Are Stockholm, Europe’s largest youth festival, in the summer of 2014, according to internal police memos obtained by Dagens Nyheter, a daily newspaper.

“These are so-called refugee youths, specifically from Afghanistan. Several of the gang were arrested for sexual molestation,” one police memo said.

Yet the official police report on the five-day festival attended by 170,000 young people aged mainly 13-19 made no mention of sexual harassment or assaults.

Swedish police accused of covering up sex attacks by refugees at music festival

And here the Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet, it is reported that police are to ignore ethnicity in reporting of crimes committed:

Police in Stockholm has received internal directive not to report signalement when it committed crimes. It can reveal SvD. In the letter, press the press manager in Stockholm that the police can be perceived as racist and therefore should not report identifying data to the public.

Får interna direktiv: Ange inte signalement

Makes you wonder if you can trust what the police and the government say about crime committed by certain immigrants in Sweden.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's just all go to Sweden for a month or two and see how violent and scary it is.
I have Swedes in my family, and they and other family members have travelled to Sweden to visit parents and other relatives, including this past summer. They have always felt safe there. The relatives who live there feel the same.

If you visit New York, Chicago, LA and other cities, do you purposely go to high crime areas at night? Probably not. But millions visit these places every year without incident. The same applies to Stockholm and other major cities around the world. Every large city, every country, will have crime. So one could cherry pick incidents to "prove" that every place is dangerous.

The truth is that Sweden is one of the safest countries in the world. Much safer than the U.S. No debate on that. The fact that Trump made such a big deal about the fake report he saw ("Sweden, who would believe?") is quite telling in itself.

Upvote 0

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I have Swedes in my family, and they and other family members have travelled to Sweden to visit parents and other relatives, including this past summer. They have always felt safe there. The relatives who live there feel the same.

If you visit New York, Chicago, LA and other cities, do you purposely go to high crime areas at night? Probably not. But millions visit these places every year without incident. The same applies to Stockholm and other major cities around the world. Every large city, every country, will have crime. So one could cherry pick incidents to "prove" that every place is dangerous.

The truth is that Sweden is one of the safest countries in the world. Much safer than the U.S. No debate on that. The fact that Trump made such a big deal about the fake report he saw ("Sweden, who would believe?") is quite telling in itself.

So you're not denying that there are high crime areas in Sweden.

Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟200,240.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you're not denying that there are high crime areas in Sweden.
Of course not. The police officials interviewed by Horowitz were discussing high crime areas. Every major city, and plenty of smaller cities, have them. But this has absolutely nothing to do with what Trump was claiming. You and others try to change the discussion to foist your own views. The simple fact is that what Trump said was wrong, and it was based on a falsified report solely intended to disparage immigrants, especially Muslims.

I am fortunate to live in a city of about 60,000 people which has a low crime rate. But a few people here worry about imagined threats. So I talked to the local police. They laughed when I asked about the crime situation in my neighborhood. It is practically non-existent in the residential areas, they said. The police told me the "high crime" areas are in the shopping districts and malls. Auto thefts, burglaries, vandalism, bar fights, purse snatching, according to the weekly police reports. Not really that high, but most of the reportable crime is of that type, and occurs in those pockets in the community.

You can feel safe in downtown Chicago or downtown Stockholm. But hold on to your purse or wallet, don't leave anything unattended unless you want to lose it. Use sensible caution. But be afraid? No.

• Agree
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Of course not. The police officials interviewed by Horowitz were discussing high crime areas. Every major city, and plenty of smaller cities, have them. But this has absolutely nothing to do with what Trump was claiming. You and others try to change the discussion to foist your own views. The simple fact is that what Trump said was wrong, and it was based on a falsified report solely intended to disparage immigrants, especially Muslims.

I am fortunate to live in a city of about 60,000 people which has a low crime rate. But a few people here worry about imagined threats. So I talked to the local police. They laughed when I asked about the crime situation in my neighborhood. It is practically non-existent in the residential areas, they said. The police told me the "high crime" areas are in the shopping districts and malls. Auto thefts, burglaries, vandalism, bar fights, purse snatching, according to the weekly police reports. Not really that high, but most of the reportable crime is of that type, and occurs in those pockets in the community.

You can feel safe in downtown Chicago or downtown Stockholm. But hold on to your purse or wallet, don't leave anything unattended unless you want to lose it. Use sensible caution. But be afraid? No.

Why do the police in Sweden feel the need to hide the ethnicities of criminals?

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why do the police in Sweden feel the need to hide the ethnicities of criminals?
I don't think even the article you posted makes this a legitimate question. "The" police in Sweden? Like, all or most of them?

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
"He noted that the police might have hesitated to publicize the assaults for fear of stoking revenge attacks against immigrants."

"As soon as you came out in the crowd, they began to grope,” one 15-year-old girl told Dagens Nyheter."

But I wouldn't worry about it...I mean, pretty recently we were told that aggressive bragging about that sort of thing wasn't so bad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,549.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The UK is being completely wiped out by bolsheviks & cultural Marxists? The little girl who was bitten by her dad's dog lives there.
I for one welcome our new imaginary Marxist dictators.

Upvote 0

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Interesting HuffPo article (that was later taken down).

"But the immigration problem is not only a Swedish predicament. The truth is, that several European cities have huge immigration problems where even the police force is afraid to interfere in some locations in these cities. UK, France and several other European countries are changing rapidly with extreme quantity of immigration.I’m not saying immigration is only bad, but a lot of problems come with poor immigration policy, as consequences we get violence, terror and gangs. The fact is that the press here in Europe hasn’t doing their job properly. There is this fear for journalists to not report the basic truth -- which is that Europe has enormous problems that comes from liberal immigration politics, and as we also now can see in Sweden, but also here in Norway.But it’s not political correct for journalists to say or write that immigration in Europe is unsuccessful. When that said, most of the people that come from other countries are behaving flawless and are a gift to our society, but then again to report that everything is all good is simply wrong and these journalists should find another job, because they do not have enough integrity that requires to be decent journalist."​

Don Surber: The story Huffington Post does not want you to read

Upvote 0