• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Finding artistic work with social anxiety?

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟28,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'll cut to the chase: I am unemployed, have very little work history, and I suffer from extreme social anxiety and depression which prevents me from being able to properly hold a job. I am doing my best to get therapy, and I have been making strides, but the fact is, I can't work jobs in places that are dingy or cheap due to my mental issues, and I don't have much to give even if I were mentally fine.
I have artistic talents which I hoped to be a source of income, but I don't know how to properly monetize them. I am particularly given to creative writing, and I also dabble in 3D renders and painting, but monetizing all that isn't something I am very knowledgeable on how to do.

Any help or suggestions?

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'll cut to the chase: I am unemployed, have very little work history, and I suffer from extreme social anxiety and depression which prevents me from being able to properly hold a job. I am doing my best to get therapy, and I have been making strides, but the fact is, I can't work jobs in places that are dingy or cheap due to my mental issues, and I don't have much to give even if I were mentally fine.
I have artistic talents which I hoped to be a source of income, but I don't know how to properly monetize them. I am particularly given to creative writing, and I also dabble in 3D renders and painting, but monetizing all that isn't something I am very knowledgeable on how to do.

Any help or suggestions?
I was an art major but I couldn't figure out how to properly monetize my talents and training either. I retrained in another field.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Any help or suggestions?

Sure:

100+ Answers
https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-start-a-business-from-scratch-with-no-money-no-credit-and-no-expert-friends-to-help

83 Answers - What are some legitimate ways to make extra money from home? Ideally a job paying greater than $20/hour that can be worked at any time for at least a few hours per week.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You can always figure out what types of books are popular on Amazon, write one similar, get a cover on Fiverr or some other site, and hope for the best. I think these days you have to either write a lot or be good at marketing because there is so much competition.

Upvote 0

ElCamino

Dec 27, 2021
Culiacan
✟49,889.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Alistair,

Can you do digital design? Like logos, t-shirts, etc. If so, maybe we could work together on a project I may get going in the coming weeks/months.

If you can't do digital design, maybe a niche blog would be a nice project for you. You could earn money as an affiliate marketer or even selling your own products.

I'm a web developer, don't hesitate to contact me if you need help setting up a website. :)

Good luck!

Luis

Upvote 0

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟28,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Alistair,

Can you do digital design? Like logos, t-shirts, etc. If so, maybe we could work together on a project I may get going in the coming weeks/months.

If you can't do digital design, maybe a niche blog would be a nice project for you. You could earn money as an affiliate marketer or even selling your own products.

I'm a web developer, don't hesitate to contact me if you need help setting up a website. :)

Good luck!

Luis

Sorry, but digital design isn't an area I'm particularly talented in yet. Not a bad idea to work towards learning a bit about it, though.

If any of my writings get any traction, I will certainly contact you for help in how to set up a website!:D

Upvote 0

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟28,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can always figure out what types of books are popular on Amazon, write one similar, get a cover on Fiverr or some other site, and hope for the best. I think these days you have to either write a lot or be good at marketing because there is so much competition.

Luckily for me, I'm not bad with Daz Studio, so I should be able to make my own covers pretty easily! And also luckily for me, I had plans on releasing some smaller stories to gain me some traction; they are sort of in the horror/ thriller category with a mixture of serious and tongue-in-cheek elements, which also seems to be pretty popular nowadays. I hear it's pretty easy to publish your own digital books nowadays, so hopefully I can work it all out!

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Luckily for me, I'm not bad with Daz Studio, so I should be able to make my own covers pretty easily! And also luckily for me, I had plans on releasing some smaller stories to gain me some traction; they are sort of in the horror/ thriller category with a mixture of serious and tongue-in-cheek elements, which also seems to be pretty popular nowadays. I hear it's pretty easy to publish your own digital books nowadays, so hopefully I can work it all out!
I think that is the best method. Writing short stories or relatively shorter books but in the same genre, kind of like Goosebumps. That way you have a larger selection. On Amazon they call them "Kindle Short Reads". They do pretty well. Especially for a new author, it's a smart way to start, since it requires less of a commitment for people who don't know you yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums