Take a left at the milky way and you'll run right
✟1,194.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, I'm going to be going off to school in about a month, now I go to Lawrence University, its in Wisconsin, and it is a secular school. Now here is my question, how hard was it for you guys to find a good church at school? I've done some research on it, but I haven't found a lot. I found one church that I might like, but more than anything, I really have to visit the churches. I'm planning on joining some christian fellowhship groups at school and maybe that'll help but I really just want to know how difficult it is to find a new church and get settled in it.

LifeInYou

a little lamb...*baaaa
Feb 11, 2003
Cali
Visit site
✟8,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I searched online to find a church when I moved away to college. It took me awhile to find one I liked, and I attended a few but was really impressed with the one I now attend. If you get involved with the Christian fellowships at your school the people you meet there will be able to make recommendations hopefully.

Best Wishes :)

Upvote 0

Pope Gonzo

Jul 14, 2003
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟16,540.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah, fellowship groups are a huge help. I bet the church I went to(or rather, my parents went to) till I was four is pretty close by - Calvary Bible Church. I don't really know anything about it, but I remember going to a wedding there a few years ago... real nice place :)

Upvote 0

girlscoutdropout

scroll button 1, 2, 1, 2!
Oct 23, 2002
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟8,356.00
Faith
Non-Denom
that's cool, i'm going to college in green bay wisconsin, and i'm looking for a good church too. i found one in the phone book that's on my street, but i've yet to check it out. but definitely check the yellow pages. it's been very hard to settle in for me, but for you it could be a totally different situation.

Upvote 0

Wypadek

Just call me Pad
Mar 10, 2002
Take a left at the milky way and you'll run right
✟1,194.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I've looked on the internet and found one that I think will be good, from what I have found about the denomination, it belives about the same thing that I do, so that's a plus, but I don't know if they have a college ministry. I e-mailed the pastor to ask if they do, so I'm waiting for the e-mail back currently, but I'm hoping that I can find some stuff close by, I don't know if its close by, so that could be a hurtle, hopefully I'll find a good one.

Upvote 0

girlscoutdropout

scroll button 1, 2, 1, 2!
Oct 23, 2002
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟8,356.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Pope Gonzo said:
When I lived in Green Bay(4-10 years) my family went to Bethel Baptist Church, if you're looking for anything else to try :)

yeah, i've heard of that one. i was thinking about going to the bayside church, but then i found out how huge it was. i just kinda feel that's gonna make it hard to meet people, if that makes sense to anyone else out there.

Upvote 0

rach

Aug 25, 2002
✟395.00
When I got to school I was bombarded with fliers for different churches and groups. So I just picked out the ones that seemed like the ones I would like and then visited them. After going to about five different churches I had two that I liked, but for different reasons. One was really traditional, which I was hoping for a more contemporary service, but the people were so nice, outgoing and friendly. The other one was really nice too, but the college kids weren't as outgoing, so I finally decided to go to the traditional one, and have totally been blessed with an awesome church.

Just visit the churches and see which one you like. Of course it's kind of scary to visit without anyone else, like I did, but then you will know how outgoing the church is and stuff like that. Good luck!! Oh, and I recommend getting involved in a church by the end of the semester, because if you continuously go to a different church you won't be able to get all of what the church has to offer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums