• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Fight or accept autism

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I spent enough time in my apartment, I really want to write a book and be a holder of a Phd in marine biology. Did I miss the boat? or plane. is too late to go to school?

I believe Jesus Christ's word and the holy spirit, will soften my heart and change my thoughts into productive ones, this will change my life.

I think you should pursue that dream! My husband was in his forties when he went to college.

• Winner
Reactions: Clintos
Upvote 0

Clintos

Feb 3, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
✟27,562.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Here is the message I received directly from our Lord and Savior: It came to me as I awoke from my slumber, It reads and may very well be the first chapter in a new begining of birth and my book:

You are a very powerful person, with a very powerful voice. You are filled with the spirit of the Lord, which can do all things through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Therefore He sends forth his helper the holy spirit to guide you through the dark valley. He will light your path and keep you on the narrow straight. You will be supplied with an abundance of wisdom which will require you to be knowledgeable in several areas of intellectual arenas. This will keep your mind set on the up most high and comfort you. You will have a sound mind, which will be the battlefeild that requires you to set strongholds up and keep you set on your journey set forth from the messiah. We have done most of all the work so far. Now it is time to receive your blessing and guide others to understand and accept that they were wonderfully made too and well endowed by their creator. You are a child of God, A child of the King. You have royalty flowing through you veins.The fact that you have been chosen to specialize in a field of knowledge that our Father, Abba has chosen to be kept secret since the beginning of time through many generations. Proves, That He loves you, and that you are blessed and highly favoured. He blessed you, to bless others. This blessing is a turning point in your life, never lose sight.

Amen. In the name of the father, the son and the holy ghost.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Is autism something that can or cannot be changed.

Is autsim like a arm that has been cut off or not grown at birth which means it can not be changed? or is it something that can be changed like a persons way of viewing and perceiving life and the world around them?

Should I fight to change or should I accept?

imo it can not be changed, but it can be managed like diabetes?

Accept the things you can no change, change the things you can, and have the knowledge to know the difference.

I am trying to have the knowledge to know the difference.

Judging by your writing ability...you don't have a type or degree of autism which will leave you permanently disabled.

I think it's better if you look at it as a matter of perspective. Your autism is something that will skew your perspective to something different from most people's perspectives. This isn't something that is necessarily always a "bad" thing.

If you can understand when and how it skews your perspective...I think you can reasonably compensate for it, and lead a happy, healthy life.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Clintos

Feb 3, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
✟27,562.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Judging by your writing ability...you don't have a type or degree of autism which will leave you permanently disabled.

I think it's better if you look at it as a matter of perspective. Your autism is something that will skew your perspective to something different from most people's perspectives. This isn't something that is necessarily always a "bad" thing.

If you can understand when and how it skews your perspective...I think you can reasonably compensate for it, and lead a happy, healthy life.

You are right, you see I am diagnosed with schizo affective-bi polar type, disorder too. But I no longer will accept the diagnoses I do not have schizo- affective bi polar disorder. It is only a label, and labels are for cans. I will believe thou, that at times, I can have a few misperceptions about things in others opinion, if I were to open my selective mustism mouth.

But I would not trade it for a million dollars, it is a gift. I like what is on the T.V, so to say in my mind. Why shall I take something that will alter this perception? I can alter and tweek the channel anytime I want. I am a great pretender, but I am also a believer in what I chose to believe in. I am also a doer of all things I put my mind to.

Upvote 0

Clintos

Feb 3, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
✟27,562.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have psychosis. Or do I just have a channel that others are not tuned into?

People with aspergers can experience psychosis at times.

So long story short, I am not psychotic and I do not have intrusive thoughts. Labels are for cans. Words and labels are so powerful that they can start wars and end wars, they can heal or wound, they can build and they can destroy.

Words can put a person into convulsions if used right. This is my gift too, but I do not like to use it, I like to consider it constructive criticism and righteous judgment.

Some my say it is from the devil, I like to think other wise, it depends on how you use it.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You are right, you see I am diagnosed with schizo affective-bi polar type, disorder too. But I no longer will accept the diagnoses I do not have schizo- affective bi polar disorder. It is only a label, and labels are for cans. I will believe thou, that at times, I can have a few misperceptions about things in others opinion, if I were to open my selective mustism mouth.

But I would not trade it for a million dollars, it is a gift. I like what is on the T.V, so to say in my mind. Why shall I take something that will alter this perception? I can alter and tweek the channel anytime I want. I am a great pretender, but I am also a believer in what I chose to believe in. I am also a doer of all things I put my mind to.

You were diagnosed with both the schizo affective bi-polar type and autism? Have you ever sought a second...or even third opinion?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Clintos

Feb 3, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
✟27,562.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I would like
You were diagnosed with both the schizo affective bi-polar type and autism? Have you ever sought a second...or even third opinion?

He is the second opinion. I received the first from a muslim which I know I am not suppose to judge but at the time I felt bad vibes from her and I believe I judged righteously. The psychiatrist I have now seems fine but he is a nay sayer about what I can acheive in life and puts alot of labels on me, which I believe are suppose to be used for cans. It is not easy to recieve a psychiatrist here in Canada and what I really need is the universes best psychologist our Lord.

Nothing can be done because of lack of funding from the canadian mental health association in regards to receiving cognitive behavioral therapy. And nothing can be done about getting a psychologist.

So I became my own psychologist and use cognitive behavioral therapy using the WORD.

If one truly believes in our Lord and savior and that he can truly save. And I am not a treat to myself or others, then why do I need to see anyone beside the Lord for my issues?

I'm a full grown man that lives on his own, that studies the Word, 12 hour days, for a very long time.

I have alot of wisdom to provide my psychiatrist, he has nothing to offer me. I need a hand up not out, and if he can not help me with anything, I do not see why I should see him. If all he does is tell me that I am delusional and have intrusive thoughts. How is this healthy? why do I bother getting man's advice, when I have a direct line to Jesus?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I would like

He is the second opinion. I received the first from a muslim which I know I am not suppose to judge but at the time I felt bad vibes from her and I believe I judged righteously. The psychiatrist I have now seems fine but he is a nay sayer about what I can acheive in life and puts alot of labels on me, which I believe are suppose to be used for cans. It is not easy to recieve a psychiatrist here in Canada and what I really need is the universes best psychologist our Lord.

Nothing can be done because of lack of funding from the canadian mental health association in regards to receiving cognitive behavioral therapy. And nothing can be done about getting a psychologist.

So I became my own psychologist and use cognitive behavioral therapy using the WORD.

If one truly believes in our Lord and savior and that he can truly save. And I am not a treat to myself or others, then why do I need to see anyone beside the Lord for my issues?

I'm a full grown man that lives on his own, that studies the Word, 12 hour days, for a very long time.

I have alot of wisdom to provide my psychiatrist, he has nothing to offer me. I need a hand up not out, and if he can not help me with anything, I do not see why I should see him. If all he does is tell me that I am delusional and have intrusive thoughts. How is this healthy? why do I bother getting man's advice, when I have a direct line to Jesus?

Well, I hate to tell you one thing based upon my understanding of autism....and then have to tell you another based upon my understanding of schizo-affective disorders. You need medication for your delusions...plain and simple. People without this problem would like to think that they could recognize truth from untruth....reality from non-reality...that's not the case though.

We are born knowing what we receive from our senses. What we see, hear, taste, touch...these become the ways in which we understand our world. We rely upon them almost without any question...without any doubt that what they tell us is in fact real.

So when someone's hearing no longer becomes reliable....how is one to know? When one is being spoken to by voices...how does one conclude that they aren't what they sound to be? It is a key indicator of such delusions that it's almost impossible to convince the delusional that what they are experiencing is not real....and so my friend, I'm not going try and convince you, such a thing is only all the more futile when they are accompanied by a swoon of emotions.

What I will say is this....they can be controlled with medication. I'm almost certain that your doctor probably told you to drastically lower your expectations of life...that you cannot achieve the same things as everyone else. That isn't so. I've read of paranoid schizophrenics who went and got their PhD after the onset of their disease and well respected within their fields. It can be done.

It cannot be done by denying your condition because of the negative feelings it gives you. It's nothing less than a daily struggle, a constant battle, of staying medicated and understanding that which is and cannot be real. It is your cross to bear, and whether you bear it with difficulty or fall under it's weight is entirely up to you.

I wish you the best of luck.

Upvote 0

Clintos

Feb 3, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
✟27,562.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I will keep an open mind, ear and heart to the siuation. I would like to know how delussional am I? I believe I should be honoured with an honoury Master Phd.

But who am I? I am, the I am, and He is, the great I Am.

What is it better to be?

Goat
Lion
Sheep
Bear
or 2 of the 3 and why?

Should I be pukewarm, lukewarm, hot or cold?

If the lion respresents strength, and if the adversary can become the lion, and at the same time he can come in sheeps clothing. Then this is something that is powerful!

I can pretend to, just as well as my psychiatrist. But what I do, comes naturally, it is not scripted.

If for example, I am equivalent to my psychiatrist intellectually. I have what he wants, he has what I want.

We can help each other, sometimes I feel that he should be paying me.

But that is ok, I will tell him next time, my Master Plan.

I hope that The Lord, works through me, to show him how to become less scripted and more natural.

I have no disabilty so are you feeding the devil or letting him starve?

You want me to be honest with you? I may very work for government and cash checks. But I have been maticulously working on myself to become who I am. who am I?

12 years Marine Biology
Phd Dr Blue Thumb

Corrals, corrals, corrals, they're as fascinating as candle lights. In the Living Water. You know there are going to be cures that only very few people on earth have the wisdom to find? I may have the exceptional ability to be in tuned to the right frequency to find these cures. But with a no can do attitude and doors keep slamming in my face. Along with being spit upon on by a Christian that imo is lukewarm. How can succeed?

Are we all one body in Christ? Shall we leave: Clint Paul Johnson behind to rot in Canada?

Or should we open some doors for him, in the land of milk and honey ( Australia)? Marine Biology James Cook University, Master Phd.

On a scale of 1-10, how crazy am I? 10 being the highest!

Upvote 0

Clintos

Feb 3, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
✟27,562.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was spit on and called a Jew, should I be thankful? was it a blessing? Do Christians not have the right to defend themselves? I was spit on by a lukewarm Christian, because I did something to his sister!

I was called out side of my name: Clint on several occassions and made fun of my entire life because of that name. Should I change it?

I will fit nicely in with the population of Australia. I speak the Kings English. KJV.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was spit on and called a Jew, should I be thankful? was it a blessing? Do Christians not have the right to defend themselves? I was spit on by a lukewarm Christian, because I did something to his sister!

I was called out side of my name: Clint on several occassions and made fun of my entire life because of that name. Should I change it?

I will fit nicely in with the population of Australia. I speak the Kings English. KJV.
*Hugs* you did better than I would have in that situation. Sorry you experienced that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have ADHD to lol. he just throw lables at me seeing what will stick. Aspergers I will accept and ADHD I will acccept but schizo-affective bi polar I will not.
Why wouldn't you accept the other 2?

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
doing something in reaction to this would not be self defense but rather an act of retaliation.

Upvote 0