• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Female Accountability Thread

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Ladies, I’m so glad I have found this forum. I have been married 21 years to a wonderful Christian man. We have had a good marriage, but not perfect. I have struggled all my life with sexual fantasies. When we son went away to college, I fell into depression and started talking to men online. I am so ashamed of sexting and talking to those men. I confessed to my husband bc I could not give this one married man up and it had been a year. My husband was heart broken, but wanted to work on our marriage and for that I am so thankful to God. It has been three months since I have not had any contact with the married man, but think about him. I know this man did not love me like he said. I do love my husband, but struggle with the guilt and shame. I am in IC and we are in MC. I would like to know of anyone would like to be my accountability partner? Thank you, Ladies.
Hi Cali, I'm so glad you're here and posted. Sorry it's been a few days - I've been offline for a few days - just have been incredibly busy with one thing or another.

My PM box is always open :)

Upvote 0

Goire

Nov 21, 2017
Indianapolis
✟15,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I seriously need an accountability partner who I can openly talk about my struggles with masturbation and inappropriate contentography.. Pardon my bold move of putting my email here as I am in crisis mode. Please reach out to me <staff edit>.. I really need help.
Teresa, from Kenya.
<staff edit>

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Soccerbeth

Being redeemed
Jun 15, 2015
TX
✟18,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi ladies, please pray for me. I have been doing well for a while but today, due to some hurts in my heart and some poor coping mechanisms, I found myself looking at inappropriate contentography today of other girls masturbating and orgasming. I did not touch or [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] myself, though I have been tempted to do this and I feel like I still might later tonight. Please pray for my heart, my hurts, and that I will choose the right things to do. I'm so embarrassed to even type all of this out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goire

Nov 21, 2017
Indianapolis
✟15,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi ladies, please pray for me. I have been doing well for a while but today, due to some hurts in my heart and some poor coping mechanisms, I found myself looking at inappropriate contentography today of other girls masturbating and orgasming. I did not touch or [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] myself, though I have been tempted to do this and I feel like I still might later tonight. Please pray for my heart, my hurts, and that I will choose the right things to do. I'm so embarrassed to even type all of this out.
I truly understand what you are going through, I have the same situation going on with myself. I will be praying for you. Only Jesus can heal our brokenness. If you want, we can be accountability partners. I need prayers too

Upvote 0

Soccerbeth

Being redeemed
Jun 15, 2015
TX
✟18,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I truly understand what you are going through, I have the same situation going on with myself. I will be praying for you. Only Jesus can heal our brokenness. If you want, we can be accountability partners. I need prayers too

That would be wonderful. I think we both need a few more posts before we can communicate via PM, but when that is an option for us, I think it could be helpful. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Soccerbeth

Being redeemed
Jun 15, 2015
TX
✟18,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi, please pray for me. Because of my past sexual abuse, I find myself battling compulsive masturbation quite often. This weekend is one of those times. I had a hard week and yesterday on the way home from work, I just started. I have been locked in a loop of masturbation for the past 24 hours since then. These things usually last until I end up looking at incredibly depraved inappropriate contentography that mirrors my abuse. I need help!

Upvote 0

Sara Kelly

Jan 28, 2018
Chicago
✟7,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am single- and have been single for a LONG time- 10 years- for 5 years I was very rigid with men in real life and now I'm figuring out how to set boundaries... so far I've messed up a few times. But have dusted off my shoes and stuck with my values to find a good Christian man who wants to wait to have sex till we're married- and practices self-control- because its hard enough for me. I remember when I got saved in 2008- Jesus is WAY better than the World- and I threw away inappropriate content- I had started watching on my own after other men I hooked up with had me watch it. After realizing the power of Jesus- and his holy love for me, I managed to stop all fantasies about real people ok. But I STILL struggle when I see something UNEXPECTED pop up on the computer. This is difficult- I do a Hip Hop ministry- and as my calling and career I'm am networking a lot and doing a lot of interactions with my business online. Since I cut a guy out of my life that was not the best- I haven't been doing the worst- which is looking up pictures. Its like once my eyes see it I regretibly go through with masturbation. Anyways I would like accountability- I am sure if I can be held accountable with the right person- we can both get free- with Jesus to have our back.

Upvote 0

Sara Kelly

Jan 28, 2018
Chicago
✟7,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Reading these posts have been so encouraging to me.I am dealing with such regret, shame and hopelessness as a result of my sin. Before surrendering my life to Christ I was in a relationship with a man for years. I ended up having a son with this man. He was my everything. He was my idol, and he hurt me in ways that I cannot begin to describe. No matter what he did, I could not find the strength to leave him. Even though he was terrible for me, he was also the only one I felt understood or cared for me. He was there at some of the darkest moments of my life. At the end of the relationship, I knew if I didn't leave I would end up dead or out of my mind. I surrendered myself to Christ and God opened the door and gave me strength to leave. I moved out of the town he lived in, but I could not get him out of my mind no matter what I did.

About a year after leaving him, I met someone else in church. I knew that if I was with someone, I wanted it to be right in the eyes of God. I didn't want to live in sin. This man asked me to marry him. At the time, I knew deep in my heart I was still in love with my ex, but I was terrified of going back to him. The man who purposed to me was a believer and a kind, gentle man. I convinced myself that I could grow to love him, and by being married to him I would be safe from the toxic relationship with my ex. We got married, and on my wedding day I remember being overcome with sadness because I knew I had just made a life-long commitment to a man that I was not in love with in the presence of God. I did not believe in divorce, so I thought I was be unhappy and discontent the rest of my life.

Having sex with my husband was a terrible battle. The shame and guilt of missing my ex and comparing my husband to him plagued me. I ended up finding out my husband was having an affair. Part of me was so bitter and angry because even though I battled the thoughts and feelings of adultery, I never acted on them. I was hurt and betrayed, but at the same time I knew this was my opportunity to be free. My shame and guilt about how I felt, and the deception in my heart was also driving a wedge between me and God. I couldn't understand why God would not take the evil desires from my heart. I did everything I knew how to put these things to death in me, but nothing seemed to work.

I have been separated from my husband now for about 4 months. Last week I started talking to my ex again. I know what this man has the ability to do to me, but I couldn't deny how good it felt to finally be able to have a conversation with him. On Friday, I spent the night with him and we had sex. The next morning I left and immediately felt empty and guilty of my sin. I don't want to sacrifice my relationship with God for a relationship that will destroy me. No matter what I do, I can't get this man out of my heart and mind. I have not spoken with him since that night, and I pray that God will give me the strength to overcome this. I'm scared that he will turn me over to my sin and that would be the worst thing that could happen to me.

Hi, There - do you have a church comminunity? even if you cant tell them the depths of all this I pray you find a church community- and some physically pure peopel to be around- even if its uncomfortable. I did this and i IMIDIATLEY had the strenght to leave a relationship that would head me to disctruction

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sara Kelly

Jan 28, 2018
Chicago
✟7,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am so pleased to have found this website and this thread.

I have been married for 31 years and I believe in the sanctity of marriage. My husband and I were both pretty rotten at the start and the first 18 years were pure <staff edit>--but, through the ministrations of our current pastor, the Holy Spirit changed both our hearts and we both treat each other with great honor now.

I love him; however, only as a friend. It was that way from the start, but I lied to myself. I know well that love is an action, not merely a feeling. In all those rotten years, I never cheated physically (though once it was surely direct divine intervention on the spot that prevented it). But I have gotten serially smitten with many guys over the years--and in fact am very smitten with one now. It has happened all but one time with good Christian men, so it's not as though there was any dirty talk or lasciviousness involved--but there always ended up being a real sexual attraction.

Usually in the past these emotional affairs led to exposure (whether through confession or not) and humiliation, both for me and my poor husband. Until this last time. I was on a website, and I met this man (also married, and avowedly very happily so). I admired him deeply. He said publicly that he admired me, too. We both exhibited very godly activity on the website, both to each other and the other members. There were never any extraneous private messages or improper cross-communication.

Nevertheless, I was so hung up on him that I couldn't leave the website for three years. I prayed for conviction in my spirit for what I knew was a sin (coveting at least). Finally in October I got the grace to leave. I miss the guy horribly.

I realize that this has been a huge spiritual breakthrough for me: this is the first time I have ever walked away from an illicit emotional attachment of my own free will without having first been caught.

The pain is getting easier to bear little by little.

Here's the current problem: I wish this serial temptation to crave other men would go away once and for all.

I work hard to combat it.

I pray.

When thoughts pop into my mind of other men, I pray for my husband instead. I remind myself not to give bad thoughts any quarter of any kind--just brush them away as though they were gnats. (That's more effective than beating yourself up and it accomplishes the purpose faster).

I have wondered if perhaps bad thoughts about men are my lifelong "thorn in the side," and I'll just have to keep enlisting the Lord's help in triumphing over it.

I can handle that. I've got a lot of good weapons to fight the battle.

But there's a place where my faith is very weak. No matter how good my husband is to me or how good I am to him or how nice we are to each other during sex, or even how fervently I pray, I have a very sad feeling that I will never love him in a deep, emotional way--and that vacant hole will keep on being my achilles heel.

I have come to terms with that fact that, just as not everybody gets to sing in the Metropolitan Opera, so not everybody gets to have a soulmate in this life. In heaven we won't care! Our attention will be on Jesus!

For me, a soulmate has been an idol--so no wonder God hasn't seen fit to give one to me.

But I still struggle with emptiness and loneliness and lack of gratitude for the good man I have. I am always very cooperative with him, but I dread, dread, dread when it's time for sex.

Please pray for me. If you have a struggle, i will pray for you.

Wow- I Pray That Jesus can sweep you off your feet- I pray that you can go so deep and fufilled and taste and see that Jesus is Good- he also forgives you for all this- and loves you in your sinful desires- he loves you so and wants to heal you so that you wont be hurt anymore. I pray as you take time with Jesu you will be protected from other men and And I pray that you will supernaturally be attrackted to your husband- and God shows you all thats attractive about him. But first you know how attractive your broken and helaing heart is to our Prince Jesus

Upvote 0

Sara Kelly

Jan 28, 2018
Chicago
✟7,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm not really comfortable to say what I'm going through right now but I do believe it would fit here. Could I please request prayer?

Yes I pray you know Jesus Love you in your sin- and he wants to light a path to safe healing to you can be set free from your sin and put on the mind of Jesus Christ.

Reactions: gerbilwoman
Upvote 0

Sara Kelly

Jan 28, 2018
Chicago
✟7,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello,
My name is Aryas and I have touching yourself problem for 10 years now and I want to quit this habit for good. It started after first when I was 16 and it continued until now and I can't do it anymore I'm getting married soon and I have a lot of responsebeleties and this habit makes me tired and I can't fully focus on the tasks I need to do. I realize that I have an issues that need to be addressed as soon as possible and here I'm looking for accountability partners because honestly I think a lot of people has this problem but not anyone can admit to it and I'm ashamed to share this problem with members of my family or my friends so I thought I can look for the support I need online where I feel more safe.

How are you doing now? Are you okay? I struggle with this too- I'm single- and I like this christian guy that is awesome and on fire for God and he just said he stopped struggling with masturbation. I still struggle! I want to be free! I know my triggers- its stuff I see- or if I don't set firm boundaries to protect my heart with men. How about you? Please pray for me and I pray for you!

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi, please pray for me. Because of my past sexual abuse, I find myself battling compulsive masturbation quite often. This weekend is one of those times. I had a hard week and yesterday on the way home from work, I just started. I have been locked in a loop of masturbation for the past 24 hours since then. These things usually last until I end up looking at incredibly depraved inappropriate contentography that mirrors my abuse. I need help!

Praying for you, I have the same struggles as well as it comes up more rarely now these days. If you need someone to DM, reach out to me and we can check each other. :)

Upvote 0

gerbilwoman

Gerbil Queen
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2014
USA
✟436,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes I pray you know Jesus Love you in your sin- and he wants to light a path to safe healing to you can be set free from your sin and put on the mind of Jesus Christ.
Thank you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I was taught by my non-Christian parents that it was OK and "normal" to pleasure myself. I also am the victim of childhood sexual molestation/ abuse and also have experienced date rape as an adult. Recently I have been trying to quit the self pleasuring, as I spoke with my pastor and asked her if it was a sin. She said our church does not have an official statement about it that she knows of, but she understood that it was a kind of self-love and not healthy or encouraged.

I have prayed about it a lot, but when the "feeling" overcomes me, I seem powerless to prevent it. I say to myself, "I am not going to do to myself what my molesters did to me!" And yet, I end up doing just that not long after that decision sometimes! I ask the Lord to give me the strength to fight it, (and it seems like there is a demon or a spirit trying to get me to do it too) and I just do not know how to fight it! The urge is overpowering. Then too, there is a side of myself that wants it, because I am used to it and it feels good.

I have wanted to stop now for about 6 months. Please pray for me. This is a life-long habit that is so hard to break. Godly advice accepted.

• Prayers
Reactions: salt-n-light
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I was taught by my non-Christian parents that it was OK and "normal" to pleasure myself. I also am the victim of childhood sexual molestation/ abuse and also have experienced date rape as an adult. Recently I have been trying to quit the self pleasuring, as I spoke with my pastor and asked her if it was a sin. She said our church does not have an official statement about it that she knows of, but she understood that it was a kind of self-love and not healthy or encouraged.

I have prayed about it a lot, but when the "feeling" overcomes me, I seem powerless to prevent it. I say to myself, "I am not going to do to myself what my molesters did to me!" And yet, I end up doing just that not long after that decision sometimes! I ask the Lord to give me the strength to fight it, (and it seems like there is a demon or a spirit trying to get me to do it too) and I just do not know how to fight it! The urge is overpowering. Then too, there is a side of myself that wants it, because I am used to it and it feels good.

I have wanted to stop now for about 6 months. Please pray for me. This is a life-long habit that is so hard to break. Godly advice accepted.

This is what has helped me.

I highly recommend this book called " Anxious For Nothing: Calm in A Chaotic World". Although it did not specifically target masturbation, it breaks down the pattern of someone who is anxious, and that can be applied here.

Anxious people try to be perfect. It's like a defense mechanism against self-guilt. Usually, we get into a habit to self-correct ourselves whenever we face a temptation. We treat temptation as sin. Three major way people unhealthily deal with it, they either try to be perfectly good (deny and hide), perfectly bad (embrace and pursue), or perfectly imperfect (dwell on it, or be a slave to it). In all these cases, its trying to keep up a justifiable image, while not dealing with the root of it in a healthy way. So even if you find some sort of resolve, the guilt is still there, and anxiety flares up.

So with touching yourself, I usually see three things, either " Ive masterbated but I can quit anytime", " Ive masterbated and its ok", or " I can't help masterbated". It doesn't deal with the why you are masterbating, what goal are you trying to get from masterbating, and how to overcome, its makes the temptation the "thorn on your side", its self-defeat before the battle. Usually, with every sin, if you even look back on the Garden of Eden, Eve had holy desires, to be wise, to enjoy beauty, those are things that God want us to enjoy and cultivate, in its essence, those are not bad things. But in the root of it, she was also going against God. She tried to get a holy end from unholy means. That is what masturbation does. The desire to be intimate, to feel loved, to feel good, are not bad things, but to get those through masturbation distorts what God have for you. The unhealthy way is to shame yourself to the point of no desire, or to be numb to the means of getting desire. Healthy way is to discern your desires and the means.

The apps to block it and accountability partners can only take you so far, but until you break the cycle of self-guilt, and walk in the assurance that as long as you walk with Christ, that you are already presented perfected, until you face that this is what you are doing, get to the bottom of it, and give yourself grace to actually heal, its always gonna be an open wound that never closes. Self guilt will kill you.Purpose in your mind to get that wound closed and dressed properly today. Deal with it healthy, and keep the Kingdom at hand, tell God " Despite the desire to touch, I know you have better in store for me.God give me the tools and strength needed to overcome this. Change my desires to be towards the things of you, so that I don't miss out on your blessing and showcasing your glory." And don't doubt God, He will come through.

I pray that you be anxious for nothing, but by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, make your request be known to God and that the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your heart and mind. Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

My advice: Practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
(Phillipians 4:6-9)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone,

How are you doing with things? I'm doing OK and pressing forward. What struggles are you having today? What is going well today? What are you doing to cope today? And how are you feeling today?

I've been having victory over this thing for over a week now, since having reached out on this thread and asking for help. One member also recommended a book to me, Anxious For Nothing by Max Lucado. It is an awesome book and I am reading it now.

I can appreciate reading all your posts here, everyone in this thread, as I realize I am not at all alone. Also, I am sure your prayers are giving me strength, so keep them going! I'm praying for all of you too!

• Winner
Reactions: salt-n-light
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think the real problem is the sexual abuse. <staff edit> You need help dealing with the trauma and stress over being abused -therapy !!! <staff edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0