• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Female Accountability Thread

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i have no longer have sexual feeling for my husband or anyone else and i dont know why that is
there are times where we will try but i feel no attraction to anyone or anything i hate myself because i love my husband very much ...i just see him as my best friend and everyone else is my friend am very child like sometimes and i want my friends be with me all the time and get hugs just dont think i can have sex yet i want to dress as a man and be married to more people

Upvote 0

Soccerbeth

Being redeemed
Jun 15, 2015
TX
✟18,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I have been doing really well lately. I was making some good strides in therapy and have had some really good weeks lately. I had some really triggering events happen last night. This morning I woke up and I just couldn't get out of bed. It took almost two hours for me to muster up the strength to get out of bed. This afternoon, I found myself looking at inappropriate contentography for a long time. And now I'm hating myself for it all. :(

Upvote 0

straightcurvylines

Mar 31, 2019
FL
✟20,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I made a new dedication of my body and sexuality to God. My past has been so damaging to my soul that I feel as if God has given up on me. I don't want to feel this emptiness any longer. God and my future spouse deserve my purity, and I will do my best to address this issue in my heart.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I made a new dedication of my body and sexuality to God. My past has been so damaging to my soul that I feel as if God has given up on me. I don't want to feel this emptiness any longer. God and my future spouse deserve my purity, and I will do my best to address this issue in my heart.
purity means that you think that you’re dirty. You either made unwise choices in the past or had others unwise decisions foisted upon you! you’re not dirty . I object to that kind of thinking because it’s it’s insulting and usually misogynistic to boot . You changed so that you now make better decisions about relationships or you got away from an abuser. Either way , you’re not dirty so you don’t need to be pure (whatever that means)

Upvote 0

littleangelone

Mar 9, 2019
Oregon
✟48,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just recently stopped masterbateing but the problem is I want to start again so I pray hard that God will take away those sexual urges, I need accountability, also is it wrong to fantasize about your future Christian husband like wanting to be close to his muscular chest & broad shoulders??? and kissing him because I grab my pillow & cuddle with it every night thinking it's my future Christian husband

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

straightcurvylines

Mar 31, 2019
FL
✟20,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
purity means that you think that you’re dirty. You either made unwise choices in the past or had others unwise decisions foisted upon you! you’re not dirty . I object to that kind of thinking because it’s it’s insulting and usually misogynistic to boot . You changed so that you now make better decisions about relationships or you got away from an abuser. Either way , you’re not dirty so you don’t need to be pure (whatever that means)

inappropriate touch outside of marriage is a sin, and it takes away parts of my soul that can never be restored. I think it's humbling to take responsibility for those things which make me less than whole. God knows my heart, and it comes from a place of conviction not condemnation.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Taking responsibility for your sexuality means that you stop dumping on yourself for past poor decisions too . That isn’t helpful behavior and could cause you to start doing the toxic stuff again out of misplaced guilt or shame

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

littleangelone

Mar 9, 2019
Oregon
✟48,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Taking responsibility for your sexuality means that you stop dumping on yourself for past poor decisions too . That isn’t helpful behavior and could cause you to start doing the toxic stuff again out of misplaced guilt or shame
brightmoon what you said is sooo true I have been had a lot of guilt about it, that's why I need a lot of prayer & accountbility

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

straightcurvylines

Mar 31, 2019
FL
✟20,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What do you mean by misplaced guilt or shame?

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Worrying about if God still loves you to the point that you become self hating . Feeling so guilty or ashamed about what you did that you sabotage your health or your safety to relieve the feelings. Oh stay away from people who try to make you feel like that too. Some people are very manipulative and this includes some religious leaders or other authority figures

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Soccerbeth

Being redeemed
Jun 15, 2015
TX
✟18,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So it's been over a week now since I have compulsively masturbated. This may not sound like much, but it has been years for me since I could say this. Even still, this is a huge temptation for me today. I'm really trying to keep momentum with this victory, but I'm being visually triggered today in a lot of ways. Anyway, just posting here in the hopes that the accountability might help.

Upvote 0

Daniela77

Jun 15, 2019
Brussels
✟8,583.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Hello everybody, I'm new to this forum and I just found this accountability thread. I'm in my 40s and I've been struggling with masturbation for a long time, and more recently also with inappropriate content. Just this morning, I gave in to the temptation again to touch to soft inappropriate content. I feel so ashamed and defiled, and I would really like to stop this vice, but I don't know how. The fact that I'm still single at this age is really hard for me, as I'm longing so much for sexual fulfillment. Anybody here can relate?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello everybody, I'm new to this forum and I just found this accountability thread. I'm in my 40s and I've been struggling with masturbation for a long time, and more recently also with inappropriate content. Just this morning, I gave in to the temptation again to touch to soft inappropriate content. I feel so ashamed and defiled, and I would really like to stop this vice, but I don't know how. The fact that I'm still single at this age is really hard for me, as I'm longing so much for sexual fulfillment. Anybody here can relate?

I can relate! You have to break patterns by replacing it with a new one. And ask God for the strength and guidance to get there. That's how ive overcome.

1.Be honest of where you're at with the inappropriate content. Is it an addiction at this point?
2. Put a structured game plan in place on how to replace it (etc. I will not use the laptop at night, blockers in place, refrain from certain activities or people, etc),and ask God for wisdom. Identify your triggers. Is it the fact that you're single? Why inappropriate content and not other things that give a positive stimuli, like food, or music. Do you actually need sex, or is it marriage and partnership you seek? If you're seeking to have sex without the committed why is that? Things to ask questions to yourself about.
3. Be consistent in the plan. Put scriptures in place to remind you of God's promises, and remind yourself why you are ridding yourself of masturbating. It have to be a strong enough why, and sadly from some not even the threat of potentially damning their souls are strong enough for people to stop what they are doing. If you truly want to better your relationship with God, if you want to honor the temple that God gave you, let that be your driving force. Honor Him in all that you do.

Reactions: Daniela77
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
So it's been over a week now since I have compulsively masturbated. This may not sound like much, but it has been years for me since I could say this. Even still, this is a huge temptation for me today. I'm really trying to keep momentum with this victory, but I'm being visually triggered today in a lot of ways. Anyway, just posting here in the hopes that the accountability might help.

Well done! Every gain helps. How are you holding up?

Upvote 0

Soccerbeth

Being redeemed
Jun 15, 2015
TX
✟18,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Well done! Every gain helps. How are you holding up?

Thank you. Unfortunately, I have stumbled several times over the past month. Visual triggers are very difficult for me to overcome. And with summer here, there are a lot of triggers. :( I'm really struggling, even writing this today in this coffee shop. :(

• Prayers
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you. Unfortunately, I have stumbled several times over the past month. Visual triggers are very difficult for me to overcome. And with summer here, there are a lot of triggers. :( I'm really struggling, even writing this today in this coffee shop. :(

No one walks without a tumble or ten. Place your attention on the ground you’ve. You’ll have more in time.

I will give your visual triggers some thought and see if the Lord gives me anything on your behalf. If He does I’ll post it.

Upvote 0

Soccerbeth

Being redeemed
Jun 15, 2015
TX
✟18,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
No one walks without a tumble or ten. Place your attention on the ground you’ve. You’ll have more in time.

I will give your visual triggers some thought and see if the Lord gives me anything on your behalf. If He does I’ll post it.

You're right. Every victory matters, and I know I will have more. I did well this week, not so well this afternoon and this evening. I'd love for this forum to be better for accountability and interaction, but it seems like people post very infrequently. I thought about posting here earlier, but figured nobody would see it and pray for me or hold me accountable until it was too late.

Upvote 0