Fellowship with Non-Adventists

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟11,993.00
Faith
SDA
Seraph1m said:
When was the last time you attended church with someone other than an Adventist friend?

Whether AME, Baptist, Catholic or another denomination, how often do you attend church with someone other than an Adventist?

Are you thinking of an Adventist Church or are you thionking of going to attend a non Adventist Church with a friend who is not an Adventist.

You have asked a very good question because so often we tend to stick with Adventists.

Upvote 0

SassySDA

Aug 12, 2005
OH
✟1,169.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Cliff2 said:
Are you thinking of an Adventist Church or are you thionking of going to attend a non Adventist Church with a friend who is not an Adventist.

You have asked a very good question because so often we tend to stick with Adventists.

For approximately 40 years I attended other churches. I was mainly raised in the Baptist church, but had attended other denominations with friends, etc.

I have no desire, now, to go back. If one was raised Adventist however, and has never attended another denominational service, it might be a good idea to do so.

Upvote 0

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟11,993.00
Faith
SDA
SassySDA said:
For approximately 40 years I attended other churches. I was mainly raised in the Baptist church, but had attended other denominations with friends, etc.

I have no desire, now, to go back. If one was raised Adventist however, and has never attended another denominational service, it might be a good idea to do so.

This is the big problem. Wea sk people to come to our Church and then most will not go to their Church.

I am not in the habit of going to non SDA Churches.

Once I attended a RCC, you could have heard a pin drop. No one was talking, I did not get much out of it.

My brother-in-law asked me to go along. The day before he came to our Church and as he is RC priest I felt under the circumstances it would have been very rude to just sit in the car while he went in by himself.

I have before. It seems rather one sided of us to invite them without going to their service if they ask. (tall73)

Upvote 0

rocklife

Senior Veteran
Apr 4, 2004
✟18,086.00
Faith
Christian
Seraph1m said:
When was the last time you attended church with someone other than an Adventist friend?

Whether AME, Baptist, Catholic or another denomination, how often do you attend church with someone other than an Adventist?
I fellowship with christians, denominational differences aren't that big a deal, fruit is more important to me, I like good fruit, there's good and bad all mixed up, God will sort it out in the end

Upvote 0

Seraph1m

Oct 12, 2005
In His Presence
✟15,634.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Cliff2 said:
This is the big problem. Wea sk people to come to our Church and then most will not go to their Church.

I am not in the habit of going to non SDA Churches.

Once I attended a RCC, you could have heard a pin drop. No one was talking, I did not get much out of it.

My brother-in-law asked me to go along. The day before he came to our Church and as he is RC priest I felt under the circumstances it would have been very rude to just sit in the car while he went in by himself.
Aside from a quiet greeting as we enter the sanctuary traditionally, we talk after the service in the foyer. Yeah, just sitting in the car would be rude.

Upvote 0

Seraph1m

Oct 12, 2005
In His Presence
✟15,634.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
rocklife said:
I fellowship with christians, denominational differences aren't that big a deal, fruit is more important to me, I like good fruit, there's good and bad all mixed up, God will sort it out in the end
:amen: and well said. :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dezzie1180

Oct 22, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟15,168.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I visit other denominational churches when I'm invited. The problem I have is, I invite my friends, and family members to my church and there is always an excuse why they can't attend. So for me, it's beginning to get difficult for me to continue visiting my family and friends church, especially since I typically don't get anything out of the service, and they never show up at my church when invited.

Upvote 0

Seraph1m

Oct 12, 2005
In His Presence
✟15,634.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
dezzie1180 said:
I visit other denominational churches when I'm invited. The problem I have is, I invite my friends, and family members to my church and there is always an excuse why they can't attend. So for me, it's beginning to get difficult for me to continue visiting my family and friends church, especially since I typically don't get anything out of the service, and they never show up at my church when invited.
I'm sorry to hear that. Every time I attend a church on Sunday or, Wednesday evening or whatever other day, I am blessed by the sermon and the fellowship. Whatever may be stated that is not consistant with scripture I ignore and what is profitable I write down, just like when I attend church on Sabbath.

Consider letting your family know that you are not looking for them to be converted to Adventism. You would simply like to fellowship with them and would like them to see for themselves that there is little difference in the services. Have you shared any of video or sermon tapes with family or friends?

Upvote 0

Princessdi

Oct 13, 2005
✟15,713.00
Faith
Christian
:thumbsup: Excellent!!!

I was raised SDA, but we always attended services of other denominations, for one because my uncle was always playing for one choir or another, and then when a youth choir was started at my church we were invited to most of the other churches in the area to sing. In recnet years, I had a best friend who pastored a Non denominational church. I attended his church quite often, even traveling with their church a couple of years. It was great!!!

rocklife said:

Upvote 0
Aug 20, 2005
Arkansas, USA
✟16,512.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
well, my in laws are catholic, and my husband and i are sda. we went to church with them once (they live 4 hours away) and they have gone to church with us once. the other side didnt enjoy eachothers church at all. and even though we ask when we are together if they would like to join us and vise versa, it is just being polite, because we both know that both sides wont.

but besides that, all my friends are sda, so nobody ever invites me to other churches.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Seraph1m

Oct 12, 2005
In His Presence
✟15,634.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
awesumtenor said:
Salt does noone any good when the only thing it contacts is the rest of the salt in the shaker...

In His service,
Mr. J
Are you suggesting that we seek opportuities, as the salt of the earth, to mingle, season and, preserve? If so why?

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I was growing up, I went to other churches quite often. My dad had been a Lutheran until a few years after my parents were married, so we somtimes attended the Lutheran church, where my grandma was still a member. I was actually baptized in the Lutheran church when I was a baby.

Also, when I was in high school I sometimes went to church with some of my non-Adventist friends. I had one friend who was a Baptist and one who sometimes went to a Pentecostal church. I would often attend the Baptist church's weekly youth group. We didn't have any youth activities in our local Adventist church at the time; I was the only high school student in church most of the time because I didn't go to academy. I also volunteered at a Baptist summer camp with my friends one year. I actually enjoyed going to other churches and meeting people who didn't believe the same way as I did. Of course, since I went to public school, I met people who were not Adventists all the time, but it was a good experience for me to meet other Christians who were serious about their faith. Many of the Adventists that I knew at the time were much less spiritual than my Baptist friends.

When I was in college, I visited a few different churches as well. One that a lot of Adventist students would visit on Friday nights was the Reformed Jewish Temple, which I visited a few times.

Now I don't go to other churches much since my husband is a pastor. We occasionally go for a program or something when the community churches get together. Once we went to a Sunday-morning Lutheran service that a fellow pastor invited us to.

The last time I went to a Catholic church was for the funeral of my father-in-law.

Upvote 0

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Seraph1m said:

uhm... never o_O my friends outside adventists aint christians. I have been to girls bragade (man that was lame.. the "christian" stuff they added to it :|) it was methodist I believe :D and... er... about a year ago. But I think she's quit now anyway.

Outside of other denominations, I invited some people to my baptisim, about 3... maybe 2? And my friend Ben to a lame as adventist youth thing that embarrased me horrifically (all of this emotional music... kids didn't even know what they were talking about... they said Einstein was a christian and the twin towers collapsed in 2002, but they did make an effort I suppose :|) but they all refuse to come to church elsewise. I do however have religious discussions with them at school and outside of school though ^_^

Upvote 0