Visit site
✟7,623.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't even know where to start. I have no one really. My dad died when I was 12, and my mom only cares about the men in her life. I'm 21...I have a relationship with Jesus, but gosh, I just want my mom to love me!!!!!! To care for me like a mother should!!!! It's sooooooo painful when you feel like you are nothing to your own mother. A few months ago, her boyfriend moved in with my mom and he hates me. He's so mean and he tries to control everything. Because of him, I can't even go to my Mom's house without calling her first. It's ridiculous. I'm at her house now, to use my computer (My house doesn't have internet), and she came in here and told me that I only had 15 minutes left and I had to leave. It's because of her bf. He's so controlling!!! When stuff like this happens, I always end up turning to weed. It takes me out of my depression and misery. For the past couple weeks I've been smoking because I've been so upset about all of this. Then, this past weekend at a Christian conference, I was brought out of that. Right now, I'm really battling with this. I'm crying and I'm upset, and I know If I turn to weed, I will be happier, but I know that it isn't right and I don't want to turn back after such an awesome deliverance this weekend. I have no one I can talk to, no one I can go to about this. That's why I'm posting here. Honestly, sometimes I would just rather die, so I don't have to deal with the pain and depression that this causes me. There is a lot more to this than what I'm telling you, but like I said, i don't have much time to post this. What do you do when you feel this way?

tsuanthony

Jan 18, 2010
Oregon... rain :D
✟15,251.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First off- have you forgiven your mom? Or do you hold a grudge inside?
If there is a grudge- forgive her.

God does not abandon and leave his sheep behind; he certainly will not forget about you and your mother. As Christians we face alot of difficult issues/challenges, life is not always easy and there are times where we ask if we will ever get out of our situation. Hold strong! We are great works of God! and nothing in life is ever too overwhelming for us to handle! He has given us the tools and skills we need to overcome these obstacles.

How often do you actively pray to God? How strong is your faith in him? how strong is your faith that he will deliver Aid?

Continue to talk and pray to God; pour out your heart to him and read the word; meditate on it. Pray and ask God for strength, faith, revival, revelation and salvation; Pray that his grace, mercy and love may shower and bless you and your mother in this current situation. Have confidence and faith that He will come and rescue you two.

Keep the faith, keep praying and find a christian community that you can seek help/prayer for.
I'll have you and your mother in my prayers :)
God Bless!

Upvote 0

mtgrlj

Meant to Live
Dec 19, 2010
✟7,620.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I feel for you! I feel the same way right now. This has been the worst year of my life. I got dumped by my first boyfriend and fired from my first job on the same day and it's been all downhill from there. I gradually lost touch with all my friends, except for my best friend. But now my best friend is getting married to this guy-who, like your mother's boyfriend, is very controlling and hates me and doesn't want her to have anything to do with me. Whenever I ask her if she wants to hang out with me, they get in a big fight about it. Last time they got in a fight over it he threatened to kill me. This has been the hardest year of my life, I can barely sleep at night any more, and I feel like I have nobody I can turn to at all, and I'll never be able to trust anybody again.

A few weeks ago, I went to church and asked for prayer. This man prayed with me and told me that my life was like a heap of rubble right now, but God is calling me out of that rubble into something greater. He told me to just keep drawing closer to God. Then he gave me this verse: Hebrews 10:35-36.

"So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised." NLT

I know you feel like this is all hopeless right now-but remember this, when everybody else abandons you, God will NEVER leave you. He will always be there for you.

"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:3-5 NIV

This life is tough, but it's short. You're already done with about a fourth of your life. Don't worry about the rest-God will take care of it. Just keep serving Him and remember we're not here to be happy, that's our eternal reward to be enjoyed for the hard work we've done here on earth.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

He can use the pain you're going through right now to make you into a better person and give you a better future. If you put your trust in Him, He won't disappoint you.

When I feel depressed, I read the Bible. I read a chapter every hour. It's sooo important and it will give you hope. There's nothing more important than living for Him. If you're living to make yourself happy, you'll always fail. But if you live for Him, He won't let you down. I know it's hard sometimes, but don't give up.

There's so many things I'd like to tell you about this-God has done so many things for me in my life. If you'd like, I can tell you about some of these things, and I'll be your friend, you can talk to me about what you're going through, I'll be here for you if you need somebody to talk to. :) Let me know if you want to talk more, maybe we could talk on Facebook or something like that

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I always wondered why we are not born in a perfect world where there is so much competition and difficult challenges, and how the wealthy act like a different breed seperate from the poor. Adam and Eve are to blame for mankind's centuries of suffering. It's kind of odd for God to pass on Adam and Eve's punishment onto us and those yet to born in the future. Usually, a light punishment is given such as a warning handsmack from parents, or a police fine if trespassing someone's property with a field full of beautiful stain-free apple trees .:*:. I had to accept Jesus at 17 years old to protect myself from failure and the deception of Satan who has been released on Earth to create sin of all kinds. So far now in my 40s, I am lucky to be alive because with Jesus inside me spiritually, I can only feel his peace that calms my mind and body like a neverending waterfall of pure living energy of the holy spirit that is beyond atoms and molecules: tiny substances that form living and non-living matter such as animals, plants and sunlight. I can imagine human life being the complete opposite if only Adam and Eve did the smart thing - and that was to visit God to verify Satan's truth-like, dishonest lie. If God knows our future then he could have interrupted Satan's secret meeting with Adam and Eve by going back in time and removing Satan from the garden and dump him in another universe of no return. Oh well, looks like we have to wait patiently for Jesus to return so that he can answer many of our FAQs - frequently asked questions .:*:.
:liturgy:
:cool:

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I understand how you feel. My father passed away a few years ago and it never felt like I ever had anyone in my life. My dad was in and out of jail before he died and my mom only cared about drugs and the men in her life. I was always abandoned. Personally, I turned to food. I think everyone turns to SOMETHING when they have this void in their life. We try to fill it with sex or drugs or food....something that supposedly makes us feel good. But in reality, it's sinful and will never feel that void.

Yeah, smoking weed makes you feel good in that moment, but once the high wears off, you're back to where you began. Me, I weighed over 600 pounds at one point. The food feels good for a season, but one day I realized it was killing me and I had to do something about. The weed will do the same with you. It's a device the devil uses to keep you sinning and high and the more you sin, the further and further you get away from God.

Lately I've lost close to 200 pounds and I have a long journey ahead of me to get healthy again. I still love my mom, but I had to forgive her, forgive my past and really start to look forward to my future. I have a lot of healing to do, but that food will NEVER fill that hole inside of me. You need to get to a point in your life where you use God to fill that void. Look to HIM to be your parent and find yourself getting involved in a church ministry where you meet a bunch of other people and occupy your time. Find things to do that keep your mind off your past. It will hurt, but stay away from the pot and lean on Christ and you will do just fine. I will pray for you and please send me a message if you need someone to talk to! God Bless!

Upvote 0

Maremma

Feb 1, 2011
✟15,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honey you are not alone. God promises to be a father to the fatherless! He is your helper, He will sustain you.
Rather than look to weed to ease your pain, seek to meditate on the scritpures that God has given to us to comfort us and teach us. Jesus gave us power with His Holy Spirit to speak His Word over our lives and the lives of others! I can promise you that once you accept this fact as truth there is NO drug on the face of the earth that is going to "make you feel better' than the peace of God!

Isaiah 55:11
so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

We need to read and speak out loud the scriptures and God promises that they will NOT return to us empty! What IS required is faith that God will do exactly what He promises to do and stand firm in the fact that they WILL come to pass. We cannot waver in our faith about God's promises. Satan will use our wishywashy attitude to steal our joy and answers to prayer.

Psalms 68:5
A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling
Pslams 146:9
The LORD watches over the alien and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.
Psalms10:14
But you, O God, do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand. The victim commits himself to you; you are the helper of the fatherless.

So when you feel so alone and abandoned by your parents (I know you dad couldn't help it but he IS gone and you miss him) you call on the Lord for help and comfort. Say the scriptures you need as many times as you have to but let them sink deep into your soul and let them give you peace.
Pray for God to heal your relationship with your mother but keep your focus on your relationship with your Heavenly Father, your "daddy". Did you know Jesus called Him "daddy"? Indeed He cried out ABBA! Father! Most acurate translation is the loving and totally dependant name for a daddy from his child. We are to call out to "daddy" also when we are grieving and He will comfort us.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There is a big hole left when we are not loved and accepted by our parents. That's never how God wanted it to be for any child. But we do need to accept the reality of it and get on with living.

One danger is that you can inwardly beleive you are unlovable, never good enough to deserve being loved. That will cut you off from receiving your Father's love and the love of others who can come into your life. That does need addressing.

May you know your Father's goodness over the years.

John
NZ

Upvote 0